[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights - April 8th, 2024

MikeyD

8 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

2 of our most recent losses to LA we controlled played and Deserve to Win 60% and 66% each game respectively.

If DeSmith could make a crucial save instead of keep letting in backbreaking goals after the team just got some momentum, we probably could've had a better result in our last game against LA.

As mentioned by another poster, we are 2-2 against Vegas this season.

Yeah, Demko should make a significant difference soon.

I'm not worrying all that much.

Let's not forget that the Zebra's made 2 phantom calls for 2 Vegas goals. This game wasn't as close as the score suggests.

Also - that Joshua backcheck to fetch the puck in his own end and get into the O-zone play. It was so fast I didn't even see how he did it and neither did the play announcers. I'd love to  see the replay on that one.

3 hours ago, JayDangles said:

Totally different team on the ice last night. The amount of traffic they put in front of the VGK goalie was what solidified the win. 

The Boeser, Hughes and Garlands 1st where all scored because of bodies in front of the net. Garlands 2nd was being at the right place for a rebound.

This is something the boys have been lacking. Such a great feeling when playing the right way produces instant results.

It was definitely Peteys best game in the last 12? Although he didn't individually generate much, his net front presence was a factor on both PP goals. Hopefully that gives him some confidence.

Agree with the traffic in front - in fact, the more the merrier - as goalies are so good nowadays. 

Hopefully we can get PDG back into the traffic as well - always thought he would like that gritty RT style and would be pain to play against. Not sure what happened to him this year so far. Podz, PDG, Laffy, Sheldon Dries etc...all pretty much cut from the same cloth. Perhaps on rare occasions, put big Z in front.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

12 minutes ago, tas said:

it also wouldn't work because each individual player's tax situation will vary wildly based on charity stuff, write-offs etc. 

Just need BC to cut their rates for the sake of a Cup!  It's all about the sacrifice, dammit :classic_wink:  Call your MLAs now!

29 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Yeah, Demko should make a significant difference soon.

I'm not worrying all that much.

Even Silovs looked like he settled in fairly well after the first two goals he allowed, and the team responded accordingly. I know it's been said but he needs to get starts until Demko is 100%. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Nerves are shot…

my mom is on her death bed… 

im in a headspace that’s a little tenuous…

Thats fair. Life is hard sometimes. No reason to make it harder.

Best wishes to you and your mom.

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

We didn't know how good we had it.

Sigh.  Yes.  Now everyone is scared of everything and everyone it seems.   Making a ramp to go jump something was street fun (with whatever you had, bike, banana board, big wheel or cardboard box with something under it that rolled downhill, now police would be called in case someone got hurt)... And that was the less fun, fun... making an avalanche or running up and down a river/creek bed, no sunscreen, barefoot and up the side of the mountain.    Can't even try and explain that to my now young adult kids.    Cell phones are great - it's like Star Trek without the cheese.    Growing up with grandparents that felt we should all know how to ride a horse.    It's silly really how far analog has gone by the wayside.     It worked.   Digital was fun as far as pong and arcades went.   But it's not like the pizzazz wasn't there.   Grab a goose and go for a ride!    Without a helmet.  

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

Probably easier to chant, PETEY! PETEY! PETEY!  But I'm sure the fans at the game will figure that out.

Mik does look like he's back to form. Really need his speed to factor in on our last 5 games and into the playoffs. 

I'd be down with the "Third Line" coming back down the stretch and into the playoffs. Why not. That line has been great for us. 

Having Lindy back will definitely give us a strong backbone down centre. Miller, Petey, Lindy and Blueger; don't know where we'd put Lindy. I'm guessing he'll bounce around  upon his return as centre and a winger. As well Suter will bounce around centre and winger. Lindy, Suter, Blueger be staples for our PK.

I get that some give up early. Can't blame anyone who's been a Canuck fan, young or old. Old 'cuz ya' seen how our teams turned to crap after there SC appearances; young and/or relatively young 'cuz ya' seen post destruction of our franchises after 1994 and 2011's SC appearances.

Shell Shocked? PTSD? Maybe just expectation and presumptions are the biggest players in someone shutting down games early. I'll admit though. Sometimes I feel that way too, but that early in the game? Never. Especially with the firepower we have this season. (Albeit somewhat absent the past 4 plus weeks. I know.)

It is all hands on deck. We're missing a couple of key hands though in Lindy and Demmer. They'll be back and we'll rock!

Seems we've been breaking many Canuck and personal records this season. Flow's personal record keeps going. His goals and overall points is 17 more (73 points) than his last best season in 2018-2019 of 56. 

I can go on and on, but you know the players who're the record breakers on our team this season.

Yep. The boys looked pretty gall darn good for sure. Goals can't all be pretty, but goals are pretty no matter how our home team Canucks scores them. It's a beautiful thing when the puck goes in the net; it's a beautiful when we win. That's the gist of it, right?

Petey's best game? Lately? As a centre? Yea. I'll give ya' that. However, his best games this season were in the Eastern road swing in early January. But he was pretty much a winger here........................

And here.........................

And here..................

.............I will go on to say his best games as a centre were with smiley face Kuzy:classic_smile:😃😁 at his side last season................

All in all, after watching this latest episode of 'Canuck Slide and Ride,'  vs the hated Golden Knights? I give it a big triple thumbs up! 👍👍👍

Holy crap! I used up a lotta' bandwidth in this post, didn't I! 

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel:

I was onlying saying it was Peteys best game in the last 12 games. Definitely far from his best game this season. Just nice to see him make a positive difference. It's been a while

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

That is one hell of a good point. Dallas is the scariest team in the West right now. Followed by the Avs. I don't think teams are playing games and losing on purpose at this point in the season.

Here's a good take on the Avs - Dallas game .....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Burke mentioned the disadvantages of tax differences in Canada, esp vs non state tax states like FL etc.  

His recommendation that cap should be based on post tax dollars make a lot of sense.   Of course will be trickier to trade players, but I like the idea. 

I'm not convinced he is correct. I think the difference in rates is overblown.

Having said that he is one smart dude.

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sigh.  Yes.  Now everyone is scared of everything and everyone it seems.   Making a ramp to go jump something was street fun (with whatever you had, bike, banana board, big wheel or cardboard box with something under it that rolled downhill, now police would be called in case someone got hurt)... And that was the less fun, fun... making an avalanche or running up and down a river/creek bed, no sunscreen, barefoot and up the side of the mountain.    Can't even try and explain that to my now young adult kids.    Cell phones are great - it's like Star Trek without the cheese.    Growing up with grandparents that felt we should all know how to ride a horse.    It's silly really how far analog has gone by the wayside.     It worked.   Digital was fun as far as pong and arcades went.   But it's not like the pizzazz wasn't there.   Grab a goose and go for a ride!    Without a helmet.  

The stories, the scars, lol. I like to tell my stories on the search for naked girl pics, magazines. Lol. It was work to get adult stuff but looking back, it was so innocent and good healthy development. Now, anything and everything is at your fingertips. Not real, not healthy, but unfortunately, unstoppable. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I'm not convinced he is correct. I think the difference in rates is overblown.

Having said that he is one smart dude.

It's a big difference in their tax bracket. The progressive tax system makes the difference more nominal up to half a million (depending on where you are at) but you start seeing bigger savings once you get into the millions. For superstar UFAs or pending FAs, it could be worth the moving cost. 

• Cheers 1