[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights - April 8th, 2024

MikeyD

1 minute ago, Mrwipeout said:

Demko is definetly the most important factor moving forward.....

It is. I see where he gets the net last game of the season. Unless he is 120 percent ready to go beforehand.

3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You could tell he was a bit embarrassed. He said something like "lets go" to Kate, just before the arena announcer chimed in....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

My bet is next game or the one after that. At this point, team has to know how strong he is.

With healthy Demko making all the difference, a key difference, a huge difference, and the team playing all the more confident in front of him, we'll be dangerous ... as long as we have our A-game like last night. 

And last night was exactly what we needed to see at the right time. Team stepped it up and finally beat Vegas at home. 

Good teams find a way! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

How F do you have 12 thousand+ posts??

When they first started up CFF, @Ribs transferred post counts from CDC for members who requested.

Not sure if that's still a possibility though.....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thesauce said:

It's a big difference in their tax bracket. The progressive tax system makes the difference more nominal up to half a million (depending on where you are at) but you start seeing bigger savings once you get into the millions. For superstar UFAs or pending FAs, it could be worth the moving cost. 

What would be a superstar's marginal tax bracket? I think maybe 15% to sign in Van.

Not sure though?

Edited by chris12345

5 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Vegas going to be a miserable bunch going into Edmonton Wednesday night. 

Question is… do they really want to win that game? Vegas passing LA increases the odds of an Oiler vs Knights first round. I’d like to see it however I’m not sure they do. 

If you look at the remaining schedule for LAK (Ducks away, Flames, Ducks, Wild and Blackhawks at home) vs VGK (Oilers away, Wild, Avs, Blackhawks and Ducks at home), it's highly unlikely Vegas would overtake the Kings. So, the only thing for them to play for in that game is to set some tone for the playoffs for themselves.

Edited by RomanPer

3 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Really?

image.thumb.png.71e2e65bd86980744ecf6e3c6bdae077.png

There are warts in every top team. This is one of the years where one of 10 or so teams can realistically win it all

Wedgewood probably won't play in the playoffs.

• ThereItIs 1

15 hours ago, Psycho_Path said:

Love it when the Canucks get called for penalties that aren't even an infraction and they don't call penalties on the other team's infractions. Dogshit reffing yet again.

Barbie for the Oscar 

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

every player has some bumps and bruises at this time of the season.   Health is key in a long playoffs.  Hope Lindy and Demko are back 100%.  

This is a really great story and triumph for Brock. Also credit to the new management for supporting him through that difficult time. They knew what he was capable of beyond the circumstances he dealt with both injuries and his father. It was a lot to overcome.

Boeser is another great example of and reason why hope and not giving up in the face of adversity is so important.

It's both motivating and inspiring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

If you look at the remaining schedule for LAK (Ducks away, Flames, Ducks, Wild and Blackhawks at home) vs VGK (Oilers away, Wild, Avs, Blackhawks and Ducks at home), it's highly unlikely Vegas would overtake the Kings. So, the only thing for them to play for in that game is to set some tone for the playoffs for themselves.

You’re right. 
So the way things are shaping up it’s looking like a Dallas VGK first round unless Nashville stumbles. 

As you pointed out, LA was gifted  with a comfortable final 5 games. I could see them going 5-0 . 

So many possibilities for the final standings it’s hard to consider all of the win/loss repercussions. Great time to be a Canuck. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Comox Blaster said:

Next to Hughes, Garland is the best skater on the team.  He is so quick around the net and on the boards.  The other defenders have major problems trying to staple him to the boards behind their net.  Fun to watch.

He's playing to his full potential and at the level we knew he could play. Glad the fans were showing love last night given how uncertain he was at the start of the season.

• Cheers 1

Petey played well, more energy to his game, and holy heck, he was flying across the ice to lay out a hit 😆 I noticed he toned it down a bit after taking that penalty, but he looked dangerous at times. His shot looked good too, he did take a one-timer slap shot on the PP, I believe. Maybe there's no injury? Fingers crossed Petey is becoming his old self. 

Soucy has been struggling lately. Hoglander as well. But Mikheyev has picked it up and was flying last night. 

Trying to be optimistic, knowing a healthy Demko and Lindholm are on the way soon. The Canucks could be a very tough team to face in the playoffs, but they could be playing the Knights, who will be getting back Stone and are the reigning Stanley Cup champs. 

Could the Canucks slay the dragon again? I'm liking Hughes as the Dragon Slayer this time around. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Looking back on Brock’s 40 goal season so far, it’s pretty impressive that most of them have been greasy around the net style goals-not his snipe show reputation he had earlier in his career.  That’s the mark of a guy who has a nose for the net.  And of course his off puck play has really taken a step this year too.

Crazy that no canucks player hit 40 goals between 2010-11 and now.

Yet another record for this team, plus the home win vs vegas, plus the ny away swing plus the career highs...lots of reasons to believe.

• Cheers 1