[PGT]Canucks vs Golden Knights - April 8th, 2024

MikeyD

Missed the first.

Great overall effort, we carried 5v5 easily, other than a terrible PK we out played and outworked them through last 2. 
I swear there was one point where Q was doing his hero act inthe O zone and yelled at EP to wake up as he was disengaged and not even watching the play, turned away towards the boards while Q was carrying the puck deep. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Huggy Bear 1

I almost fell off my rocker during that first PP when Petey let loose with a one-timer... it's been what? 3 months since that last time?

He missed the net a lot with that one-timer, but still accuracy will come back with practice. Keep it up. 

Silovs was meh in the game. Not bad..........but not great. 2 of those 3 should have been easy saves. He's youngish, next season he'll be better after more time with one-on-one coaching. 

Garland......only one word... WOW. maybe we need an energizer bunny emoji with his face on it.

Great to see Boeser back to being a regular on the scoresheet. 

We have a bottom six? totally non existent last night. Didn't even seem to notice them at all. THAT's not good for the playoffs. 

Using Petey as a screener? is he really big enough to be effective? of maybe it's just his knowledge/skill that enables him to be effective. Plus there's the puck tipping skill that he has. As long as he doesn't get bulldozed by rough and tumble D-men. 

I won't mention too much about the refs... but that slew-foot should've been a 5 min major. 

Bring on the Atlanta Coyotes...

Edited by grumpyone
  • Like 3

Great game especially after being down 2-0 to start off. We need to play smarter in the first few minutes as the refs are obviously trying to set a tone right off the bat.

a couple notes from this game

1 Somehow the Canucks have learned that standing in front of the goalies crease is a good thing. How many years did we watch Bufgylien do that to us especially in the playoffs. You could see the Vegas players getting upset over the fact that Petey for one was right on top of their goalie. Thats a winning formula and helped the Power play last night.

2 Carson Soucy needs a rest. He was brutal last night. One he completely loses Eichel on the second goal trying to be the third player going to the puck carrier and leaving Eichel alone on the side the net. Unless I am missing something on the coverage that was not a smart play.Its a classic example of trying to do too much instead of just playing your game. Secondly the penalty outside the Vegas blue line while we had possession in their end is something we dont need. It gave the Knights the power play they went up 3-2 on. In the playoffs this can be a game decider.

3 Conor Garland is a spark plug and seems to ignite whomever he plays with.I prefer him with Joshua and Blueger but i trust coach T to make the right call on where he goes.Love to see the fans give him the love.

4 Brock Boeser getting to 40 goals is amazing. All season long he just keeps it going. Would love to see him stay will Miller but again coach T.

5 the PK must improve. Good teams can score on it when needed. any kill is a 1+ in the diff as far as I am concerned. again to go far in the playoffs teams need to kill off penalties. The goalie has to be the best penalty killer. we need bubble Demko.

6 Petey is taking a lot of abuse... i hope he can stay healthy. He looked a little better last night and even tried a one timer. That is a good sign and if he is healthy we can use his shot.

7 Hughes has to win the Norris this year. Points aside, he has played lights out all season. ask your self where would this team be without him. Some of those passes are just elite.

Lastly love the speed we played with last night. Players seemed to step it up another gear and Mik Petey, Garland, were flying out there. Keep that up boys. Go Canucks go

Edited by Mikeyman109
  • Cheers 4

16 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

We have a bottom six? totally non existent last night. Didn't even seem to notice them at all. THAT's not good for the playoffs. 

Using Petey as a screener? is he really big enough to be effective? of maybe it's just his knowledge/skill that enables him to be effective. Plus there's the puck tipping skill that he has. As long as he doesn't get bulldozed by rough and tumble D-men. 

I won't mention too much about the refs... but that slew-foot should've been a 5 min major. 

Bring on the Atlanta Coyotes...

I think not noticing much of the likes of Aman et al is probably  a good thing. They had a quiet but effective game. Mikheyev and Joshua played well, as did Hoglander. I think it depends on who you consider your bottom 6. Blueger played ok, I think he needs to work on not taking penalties though. I've noticed him take quite a few recently

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I think not noticing much of the likes of Aman et al is probably  a good thing. They had a quiet but effective game. Mikheyev and Joshua played well, as did Hoglander. I think it depends on who you consider your bottom 6. Blueger played ok, I think he needs to work on not taking penalties though. I've noticed him take quite a few recently

I think what I was getting at, is that they've been only on the scoresheet on the penaltys taken side. very little offence .

To be successful in the P-offs you need occasional scoring from that bottom 6. Don't get me wrong, taking minutes off the clock without anything scored against is important too. 

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Totally happy to be wrong.

There's no questioning his motor.

Who knew that the net front beast we needed was... Garland? But he shows how much that spot is about willingness to just commit to the beating guys take there 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Boeser still has no 30 goal seasons, why haven't we bought that guy out yet? Smh.

To be fair it won't matter if he disappears in the playoffs. Let's see more than 4g in 17 games hope we make it that far.

I'm so happy for Brock I fucking love the guy. I don't care so much about point totals same with Pete. I know guys like Miller and Garland are going to give it their all. I want to see some emotion from Brock. Take a hit to make a play. Make a hit that hurts. Show some fierce. The reality is teams are going to head hunt Miller Hughes Brock will be on the ice when this happens. He needs to add some mean to his game. He is a support player he will only score as far as Miller takes him if he doesn't learn to play heavy. 

40g is huge though I'm so happy for him. Couldn't happen for a better guy. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

What a great game.  What impresses me, and continues to impress me about this club, is our 5 x 5 play all season.    They've developed their own brand and keep working on it.   

That's going to be a key factor in the later rounds and games in each round, in the post season.    This team is so easy to like after years of waiting for something to happen.   

Brock bashers repent.   As soon as Horvat was traded, became the longest serving Canuck.   On that, pacifism culture has clearly been dealt with.    The Canucks brand was never like that until it was.   Glad Tochett and Co are working on that. 

Vegas ...suck it!  This isn't remotely the same team we had in the bubble.   The core has matured.   The support players are better.   And won't stop pumping the D's tires.   They are good in the regular season, and will be even better in the post season.   Myers becomes an animal (did in WNP too),  Soucy was pasting our guys in the bubble - wait for it, it's coming the other way this time,  Zadarov is everything and more we hoped we had in Tryamkin ... Juulsen is arguably just as good.    And plays like it's playoffs in the regular season ... like to see what he does too.   

QHs.   Hope Tochett addresses the team about head shots.    He's got a target on his back.    The closest player to this sort of crap, needs to be ready to respond in kind.    

I'd sit QHs and EP for the final game against EDM, assuming we already have another banner in the bank.    Maybe Demko too.   

No, no, no, do not sit those guys in Edmonton. I've been waiting all year to see a great game live. I know, pretty selfish eh?

4 minutes ago, KFAN said:

No, no, no, do not sit those guys in Edmonton. I've been waiting all year to see a great game live. I know, pretty selfish eh?

that's right.......sweep them coilers right off the map.

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Who knew that the net front beast we needed was... Garland? But he shows how much that spot is about willingness to just commit to the beating guys take there 

I listened on the radio at work. 

They were talking alot about Petey getting to the net too. Giving great screens.

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, KFAN said:

That would never happen, huge games probably the actual BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR! on a Saturday night hockey night, man they will ice their best for that and you'll have a great live event to watch! That games going to be lit! 

• Vintage 1

Vegas going to be a miserable bunch going into Edmonton Wednesday night. 

Question is… do they really want to win that game? Vegas passing LA increases the odds of an Oiler vs Knights first round. I’d like to see it however I’m not sure they do. 

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I listened on the radio at work. 

They were talking alot about Petey getting to the net too. Giving great screens.

Garland is a tough little hound, just doesn't give up around the net. Maybe Rick is a genius putting him with Miller. 

I'm really looking forward to having two defensive lines centred by Lindy and Bluegar soon too. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Vegas going to be a miserable bunch going into Edmonton Wednesday night. 

Question is… do they really want to win that game? Vegas passing LA increases the odds of an Oiler vs Knights first round. I’d like to see it however I’m not sure they do. 

I don't think they would pass up a chance to humble Mcbaby.