[GDT] Wed Apr 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Vancouver

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

I’m critical of anything that is costing the team.  Right now it’s goaltending, early this year was defensive brain farts, midseason was power play.  Demko has been human this year not quite playing like he has in years past, so i know he can be better which is why I’m critical

That’s wild he was in the running for the Vezina. But yea we are a much better team with him 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't drink. 

They win this period and the game and their fate is likely theirs to control and they likely get a more favourable matchup.

If they come out of this without points, they need to rely on Edmonton to lose, which they likely aren't, and then that probably means the Kings

Then you should drink. 

5 minutes ago, McIlhargey the Lesser said:

The only reason the Canadian government would do it is if there was a suspicion that the NHL had a secret mandate to hinder Canadian teams in their effort to expand the game in the US.

Yes, we all have suspicious ever since Bettman entered in the league and I do not see anything like this when it is US based teams playing against each other in the playoffs and even if the US based team faced a Canadian team, they get more favorable calls than the usual calls.  I do not see anything out of ordinary in those games except when it comes to Canadian teams.  It is not just Canucks issue.  When the NHL officially became a partner with a gambling industry, you ought to be suspicious of that as well even more.  Tim Peel was fired for spilling the beans and doesn't want anything more scandalous than that. 

Man, who thought when Demko pulled himself out of the game so casually that it would just tank the end of the season like this. We're going to lose the division and face LA first round. Fucking great.

• Haha 2

The Yotes outshot the Canucks by a lot that period and put a lot of effort into it, considering the back to back game this is for them I imagine there is a decent chance that they will start to fatigue in the 3rd period. Frustrating game but still far from over and it’s only a one goal deficit. 

go Canucks go! 

• Cheers 1

It felt like we should've had more than 11 shots on goal. We had a bunch of promising looking plays thru the first 2 periods that don't result into actual chances because of missed shots, missed passes, etc. It really is all in their heads. Frustrating because we know the team is capable of more but it feels like we could actually lose this game against a bottom team. Hope they come out flying in the third.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Then you should drink. 

Why's that?

You don't think this is an important period.  Where they finish determines who they play in the first round and that matters 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Not sure how anyone can look at this graph game after game and not think goaltending is clearly costing us

IMG_1986.png

Nah Stawns says there’s no difference Demko is just a crutch. 

The Rock Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

Lots to work on before playoffs start still,

Forwards need to be much better covering the points.

Need to get more traffic in front of the net and get shots in from the point

Players need to stop hesitating with the puck so much

Need to be more physical on the forecheck and force more turnovers

back off on giving games away due to bad penalties 

once we get better at that like we were before the break, we'll be more of a force! 

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

People really taking this game to heart. How beaten down are we as a fanbase? Lol. Losing this game won't tank our year. Chill.

No one's saying it will, but it will likely be a major factor in determining their first round matchup.

• Haha 1

Just now, stawns said:

You disagree?  It's not important to get points out of this game?

We aren’t just getting points we’re gonna win the game. Why stress? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, kilgore said:

The 11.5 million dollar player better start showing up in the third in games like these, pretty soon.

How many times have we heard the 11.5 player better show up. He’s not showing up! He’s got something wrong with him.