[GDT] Wed Apr 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Vancouver

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Apparently that gets people's dander up.  These are points they need to get.  The oilers aren't going to lose much, if at all, from here on out.

I'd rather they don't play the Kings in round 1

I agree with you there on all fronts. I’m a realist and see what’s at stake. The Oilers could very much win out which puts Vancouver in a dire situation. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Do you disagree that this is an important period?

Not really. I don't think it matters who they play, they are all hard matchups and anything can happen in the playoffs. I will be ecstatic if they win 1 round, and if they don't, that's fine too. It's a thrill that they've turned it around and made it this far as is IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Apparently that gets people's dander up.  These are points they need to get.  The oilers aren't going to lose much, if at all, from here on out.

I'd rather they don't play the Kings in round 1

I don't think it matters who we play, we just gotta keep playing with the intensity and have solid goaltending 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

then we’d be getting blown out every game he doesn’t play would we not?

He’s not a crutch but he is a great goalie and him being out for 3 weeks is not an excuse but to say is a non factor is beyond moronic. 

Well we can't keep giving up bad plays and penalties and expect him to bail us out every game, it didn't work with Luongo and it won't work with Demko either, we just need to be better on D and not hang him out to dry

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

I love fans picking and choosing who we should and want to play, this is the fucking Stanley Cup you have to beat good and great teams to win one.

No fear. Mindset. No doubt! No fragility!

• Like 1

Just now, commander420 said:

Not really. I don't think it matters who they play, they are all hard matchups and anything can happen in the playoffs. I will be ecstatic if they win 1 round, and if they don't, that's fine too. It's a thrill that they've turned it around and made it this far as is IMO. 

So two possible first round matchups 

They win the div, they likely get Nashville, a team they play well against and can play their game against

They lose the div, they likely get LA, a team who has dominated them all year.

You think it makes no difference who they get?

1 minute ago, iceman1964 said:

Well we can't keep giving up bad plays and penalties and expect him to bail us out every game, it didn't work with Luongo and it won't work with Demko either, we just need to be better on D and not hang him out to dry

They haven’t done that tonight at all if anything should be 1-0 Canucks and Silovs blew 2 stoppable shots. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I don't think it matters who we play, we just gotta keep playing with the intensity and have solid goaltending 

Of course it matters.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Some people seem to be more picky with who we play than Apricot is with her husbands.

1 minute ago, arsenalian said:

Ugh, I always end up in tears in these telethon intermissions. I can’t handle seeing terminally ill kids and babies 😢

I get that, I used to deliver to Strongs Rehab and it was heart breaking to see much the same thing, horrible to say the least.. hug to ya!