[GDT] Wed Apr 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Vancouver

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

will temple undies be considered NHL approved equipment? 

I feel like the Doans have a bit of a Mormon vibe about them.  Very fitting IMO

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

If Silovs starts i guess that shows that he is now demkos backup and has passed desmith on the goalie depth chart

I would say there is an asterisk

Because we'd have to see him over a couple dozen games to be sure. 

9 hours ago, stawns said:

They can't let these points get away from them.  Win this one and it's almost a lock for the division 

I think this and the Cgy games are must wins and if we can win against the Oilers to clinch division, that would be amazing. 

11 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

If Silovs starts i guess that shows that he is now demkos backup and has passed desmith on the goalie depth chart

I don’t think so.

Casey played exceptionally well as a lesser used backup for the most of the season. Only when required to take the starter reins did he stumble a bit. Casey remains an excellent backup goaltender as long as he is not played beyond his limits. He contributed well in getting the Canucks into the playoffs and leading their division. He’s not going to be sidelined imo. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chaos 2

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I don’t think so.

Casey played exceptionally well as a lesser used backup for the most of the season. Only when required to take the starter reins did he stumble a bit. Casey remains an excellent backup goaltender as long as he is not played beyond his limits. He contributed well in getting the Canucks into the playoffs and leading their division. He’s not going to be sidelined imo. 

This. I'm not sold on Silovs yet. I might even say the team is playing better in front of him because he's younger? Maybe a stretch but I've seen some bounces go Silovs way lately that haven't gone DeSmiths way. Silovs is a good story in the making but not convinced he's full time NHL backup material yet. 

Edited by Rekker
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

There's a good chance Ingram will be in goal for the Dogs tonight, so he is unlikely to let in 5 against us. He has 6 shutouts on the season ( leads the league) so he's a tough nut to crack.

Might be distracted by having to play in Utah for 2 seasons.

• Like 1