[GDT] Wed Apr 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Vancouver

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

This. I'm not sold on Silovs yet. I might even say the team is playing better in front of him because he's younger? Maybe a stretch but I've seen some bounces go Silovs way lately that haven't gone DeSmiths way. Silovs is a good story in the making but not convinced he's full time NHL backup material yet. 

Yes. 

I’ll add that although Silovs has played well under the pressure of the worlds it’s premature for him to take the second position in the SCF’s. You risk his confidence and career if you throw him to the wolves to soon.

Casey has earned his seat and time in net . 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, hwy19man said:

Just like last Wednesday, this is not a national game in Canada, it is on Centre Ice and is a regional game on Sportsnet Pacific. The Canucks are fending off the Oilers for second place in the western conference and can still catch the Stars are for first place. Sportsnet made the wrong decision to not promote the game to national status for Wednesday Night Hockey, their #2 signature night! image.gif.627c3858260987de2cd78d60cd3b6b50.gifimage.gif.9fb1d24937be420fafde8d1a170a0130.gif

image.gif

At least tonight Center Ice is carrying it in the US (unlike last time where it was on ESPN+)

This is the first time we will see a healthy Canuck team since the trade for Lindy ( goaltending not included )

Now it’s time to find three lines that can score,defend, and stick up for each other.

Iam  excited 😊 

Edited by Falcons
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Would get 1st line minutes, pp and pk time.  As long as the big club doesn't have any major injuries.  Would probably best for his development right now.

And he was papered down at the roster freeze just so that he would be available for Abby playoffs.  Better development experience playing in the AHL playoff cauldron than being a Black Ace in Vancouver

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Frank S. says it's looking like 90%-95% certain the team is moving to Salt Lake.

Boy if he's wrong, that will nuke any credibility.

My guess is that people will love him even more because then he'll be even more relatable. 😉

• Haha 1

giphy.gif

From a previous thread, I agree Garland is our golden goose but still struggling to find the aforementioned goose ... 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 2

17 minutes ago, Falcons said:

This is the first time we will see a healthy Canuck team since the trade for Lindy ( goaltending not included )

Now it’s time to find three lines that can score,defend, and stick up for each other.

Iam  excited 😊 

I concur!  Nice to see yah here bud!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Frank S. says it's looking like 90%-95% certain the team is moving to Salt Lake.

Boy if he's wrong, that will nuke any credibility.

Theres too much smoke for there not to be a fire.....

Jazz owner started a competition on X to come up with. Hockey team name  - 'Yotes owner retaining the name and the rights to Arizona for a future relocation/expansion

Price rumored to be $1.2B, with 'Yotes owner getting his purchase price reimbursed, and the balance being a modified expansion fee.

NHLPA apparently been consulted and given their blessing

Too many commentators have been "commenting" for there not to have been leaks from players or various staffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XxNaslundxX said:

If Silovs starts i guess that shows that he is now demkos backup and has passed desmith on the goalie depth chart

I'm ambivalent on this.  I think Silovs is being rewarded for good play (and beating Arizona last game) while DeSmith is being saved for the crucial Edmonton game  with Demko getting the final two

But it must be just a little disheartening for DeSmith to hear Tocchet ruminating on possibly carrying 3 goalies for the playoffs - not exactly a vote of confidence given that Abby is just an hour away

the Salt Lake City Morons..... oops I meant mormons

or more likely the Utah Saints --- play on the Latter Day Saints

we could have the next cup final..... the Saints vs the Devils

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Blues just scored on their first 4 shots vs Chicago 😂 

Paaaaiiiin

GO BLUES GO!!! Now if only the Blackhawks wake up and beat the Vegas Knights on the 16th.

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

the Salt Lake City Morons..... oops I meant mormons

or more likely the Utah Saints --- play on the Latter Day Saints

we could have the next cup final..... the Saints vs the Devils

Don't think the Utah Saints would like that

11 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Stop wondering.It is on the wall.Money saving back up goalie.

Next year. Not in  this years playoffs. 
It wouldn’t save a nickel to replace Desmith with Silovs right now.