[GDT] Wed Apr 10 2024 - Vancouver Canucks vs Arizona Coyotes - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Vancouver

2 minutes ago, JustRich said:

Trollers gonna troll.  Hand In your fan card

50 years a fan, I got all the rights in the world to bitch....until they finally win.

Canucks have the worst points percentage of every team in the history of the nhl save a few recent franchises and defunct ones.

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, he traded the 9th overall pick and Guenther was the consensus 9th overall pick…

Who knows who benning would have picked there?

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

C’mon bro. They lost to the Coyotes. The fact that you had to say that they didn’t play that poorly shows that it wasn’t our best game. The sky isn’t falling but people are allowed to point that out. That’s all I’m saying. 

And we win 3-1 or 3-0 in regulation if our goalie makes routine saves. You think 3 goals on 14 shots is fine?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

And was that not on Cole and blueger?

Totally. Cole was down blocking the cross ice and it literally snuck through a tiny hole. Blueger was covering the half boards and point.

There's only 3 guys out there killing. They can't cover everyone and that cross ice is hard to defend without going out of position. 

This game could have gone either way, but it's definitely not the penalty killers fault.

• Cheers 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Totally. Cole was down blocking the cross ice and it literally snuck through a tiny hole. Blueger was covering the half boards and point.

There's only 3 guys out there killing. They can't cover everyone and that cross ice is hard to defend without going out of position. 

This game could have gone either way, but it's definitely not the penalty killers fault.

I thought Myers had a great game

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

How so?  Cole didn't block the pass and Blueger let his man go.  What did it have to do with Myers?

Both he and Cole were out of position.

Myers allowed the player to be behind his view, hence why he had reach back to try and stop the pass.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

When I saw BB hope over on the 3rd shift, I had been hoping that they had just gone back to the 1st line and play 1 & 2 lines as they were skating and like better on the open ice than BB 

Oh well, it was good to get a point

Agree with this, Just stick to speed.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, he traded the 9th overall pick and Guenther was the consensus 9th overall pick…

If the team got screwed because of the Guenther pick (yes, this was Benning move), then JR/Allvin clearly didn't do a good enough job to make up for that with the roster decisions. My point is, it's a ridiculous point to talk about the Guenther trade. The 1st round pick we traded THIS YEAR (much more relevant) did no offense tonight. I have to give Lindholm some credit; he did look better than other nights. But being an "elite" faceoff taker is not enough. Clearly faceoffs were not even a turning point for most of the game (minus the Miller goal).

Edited by PureQuickness

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

You really want us trying for a PP that had been 0/3 prior to Pettersson scoring that goal?

I absolutely would have preferred the pp there.  The odds are low on a penalty shot and then they're still short handed.......which is exactly the way it went down 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Anyone know why Canucks are playing Silovs over DeSmith? 

Anyone know why Demko isn't playing in a game yet? How many games has he missed at this point? Anyone concerned that it will be very hard for him to jump into a playoff game without playing for a month?

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Essentially Saturday game determine who wins the division.

There is not stopping the Oiler ever since their coaching change. 

Well not actually but it would go a long way.

That point was actually huge cause we’re essentially 5 points up on them since we have the tiebreaker.

That means if the Oilers go 4-1 we’d need to go 2-1 and if the Oilers go 3-2 we’d need one win in our final three.

Gonna be tight either way.

8 minutes ago, DANJR said:

was out, so recorded it.
I started fast forwarding the game after yotes scored.  If you can't beat these pathetic nobodies we have no chance first round in the playoffs.

Absolutely god awful effort all the way around against a team that is 30 points behind us in the standings.

Everyone better temper your playoff expectations.   We were only missing Demko and this is the result they brings.
I'm sick to my stomach.

Pretty convincing. 😂

1 minute ago, DarthMelvin said:

Both he and Cole were out of position.

Myers allowed the player to be behind his view, hence why he had reach back to try and stop the pass.

That's bluegers man.......he was literally standing right there.

14 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Imagine only allowing 17 shots in a game and letting 4 goals.  Insane how bad goaltending has been lately

This should have been a shutout for just about any starter in the playoffs let alone a top 3 goalie in Demko. Big drop off there.

I think if Demmer comes back even for the last 2 games we can snag the division, even if we lose to Edmonton next game but he's got to come back good.

Sad that our entire season relies on the health of our goalie, for a team full of stars, but just shows how bad we really are.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And we win 3-1 or 3-0 in regulation if our goalie makes routine saves. You think 3 goals on 14 shots is fine?

I don’t think much of anything about our effort tonight was fine to be honest. Still a huge fan despite what appears to be an unpopular opinion. 

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

If the team got screwed because of the Guenther pick (yes, this was Benning move), then JR/Allvin clearly didn't do a good enough job to make up for that with the roster decisions. My point is, it's a ridiculous point to talk about the Guenther trade. The 1st round pick we traded THIS YEAR (much more relevant) did no offense tonight. I have to give Lindholm some credit; he did look better than other nights. But being an "elite" faceoff taker is not enough. Clearly faceoffs were not even a turning point for most of the game (minus the Miller goal).

There is a big difference between the 9th overall pick and the 28-32 pick.  Like a HUGE difference. So those two trades are not even comparable. Not to mention we have to live with the OELevator buyout for another 7 years…

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

True.  Benning would have probably fucked up the pick…

Id say that would be unlikely given the number of his picks that make up the core of the team 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I absolutely would have preferred the pp there.  The odds are low on a penalty shot and then they're still short handed.......which is exactly the way it went down 

Yup, when I saw 27 secs or whatever was left on Coyotes PP I was thinking, please not a penalty shot, then it went down pretty much exactly as I thought it would. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I don’t think much of anything about our effort tonight was fine to be honest. Still a huge fan despite what appears to be an unpopular opinion. 

I thought the effort was there, just not the drive to get the puck to the net