[discussion] trading Poolman’s contract

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'll give you 2 beers and a can of SPAM for it if I can make him my official Pool Boy. 

How cool would it be to have a pool boy named Poolman???

Seriously though, I'm glad he's taking his health seriously and not trying to make a comeback here. Sometimes you just have to respect your doctors opinion.

It would be like an ice cream vendor named Cone.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, both examples were the same.  Montreal had the cap space to take on Dadonov's contract...

Montreal's quietly done a pretty interesting job with "weaponizing" their cap space. I saw a video that lauds Montreal's trade in picking up Pearson. I do believe Pearson will be a great addition for them. They had the cap space to pick him up while picking up a draft pick in return.

Vancouver's been playing desperation all this time.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

Montreal's quietly done a pretty interesting job with "weaponizing" their cap space. I saw a video that lauds Montreal's trade in picking up Pearson. I do believe Pearson will be a great addition for them. They had the cap space to pick him up while picking up a draft pick in return.

Vancouver's been playing desperation all this time.

In this case it helped both teams.

If Pearson's hand is healed he will play hard and bring leadership.

We get cap space with another goalie with NHL experience.

Win win costing us a third.

LTIR allows for higher skill level players to be signed and play. Then there is always the possibility of the player coming off LTIR and contributing to the playoffs.

Just look at the last few Cup Champs, millions in LTIR BUT then higher skill level, deeper line ups.

If LTIR was so bad why are Champions doing it?

Canucks cannot trade Poolman because they are capped out

19 hours ago, Alflives said:

How many Cup winners don’t live in LTIR? 

lol they live in LTIR with their own star players on LTIR and using the cap relief to make trades and stash the players till playoff. there's really only 2 types of team that'll trade for LTIR contracts..

1) reach the cap floor

2) use a healthy player on ur team that you don't need or want to move to free up cap space and trade for a LTIR contract. ie trade a 2.5mil player on your roster for poolman's 2.5mil LTIR so you create 2.5mil cap space

i mean unless your star players or multiple star players that eats up majority of ur cap gets injured right before the trade deadline.. the LTIR won't be that big of a deal like tampa and vegas where they magically have their star players on ltir and return for game 1 of the playoff almost every year. i know stone is beat up.. but how many seasons is he going to be injured on ltir and come back for the playoff? 

imo the league needs to have independent doctor check LTIR players weekly or bi-weekly after TDL to make sure they are indeed still eligible on LTIR.. or let's just make it if a player that is not healthy enough to come off the LTIR for at least 1 game before the end of season is ineligible for the 1st round