First round opponent

AnthonyG

Which first round match up do you want?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which first round match up do you want?

• NSH
    • LAK
    • VGK

Serious question here - when do we think the Canucks first playoff game will be? Stanley Cup playoffs begin this Saturday. Canucks last regular season game is Thursday in Winnipeg. Would the NHL be cruel enough to have us start right on Saturday, so having to travel back home Friday from Winnipeg, with no time to practice? Our most likely competition is Nashville, whose last game is tonight. They’ll be having all week to rest up, watch us play a couple of games, and be in a better starting position. I’d love if we could start Sunday instead of Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Serious question here - when do we think the Canucks first playoff game will be? Stanley Cup playoffs begin this Saturday. Canucks last regular season game is Thursday in Winnipeg. Would the NHL be cruel enough to have us start right on Saturday, so having to travel back home Friday from Winnipeg, with no time to practice? Our most likely competition is Nashville, whose last game is tonight. They’ll be having all week to rest up, watch us play a couple of games, and be in a better starting position. I’d love if we could start Sunday instead of Saturday.

Looks like probably Tuesday

5 hours ago, bh90 said:

thanks for posting this i was just calculating the math myself

Pittsburgh beating Nashville in OT today is my desired outcome.

i want Penguins to make it and Nashville clinches WC1 with one point today or if LA loses in regulation today than Nashville still clinches WC1 because in that case most points LA can get is 99 and Nashville has the tiebraker, if Vegas ends up with 100 points than they'll move into 3rd in division.

I just Nashville to clinch already so the playoff schedule can be announced. it's impossible to plan life, work, and going to the games right now...

The way the game is going it looks like a very very high chance it’s Vegas and a remote chance LA with the teams remaining they play 

You guys are forgetting about goaltending... Saros is much better than Hill or Thompson.  Yah I know Hill won it all last year... So did Binnington and the Blues....  we faced the defending Stanley Cup champs with less of a team than we have now (with current core) and took them out.  No pressure... Not expected to beat them.

Whereas, we'd be expected to beat Nashville and our young team might take them to lightly... Plus they have a sneaky gritty, experienced core. Should we lose a few games against them, I can see us gripping our sticks to much, and feeling the pressure to win. 

Vegas will have all the pressure on them and their huge payroll.  We beat them, the defending Stanley Cup champs, we'll have a massive amount of confidence going into the next rounds.

Bring on Vegas baby!!!!

17 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

You guys are forgetting about goaltending... Saros is much better than Hill or Thompson.  Yah I know Hill won it all last year... So did Binnington and the Blues....  we faced the defending Stanley Cup champs with less of a team than we have now (with current core) and took them out.  No pressure... Not expected to beat them.

Whereas, we'd be expected to beat Nashville and our young team might take them to lightly... Plus they have a sneaky gritty, experienced core. Should we lose a few games against them, I can see us gripping our sticks to much, and feeling the pressure to win. 

Vegas will have all the pressure on them and their huge payroll.  We beat them, the defending Stanley Cup champs, we'll have a massive amount of confidence going into the next rounds.

Bring on Vegas baby!!!!

Yeah, We Ready!

image.gif.e9f2b0b704b52f8dfca95493e370b583.gif

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Bring on Vegas baby!!!!

Is it still possible to play Vegas? I thought it was down to Nashville or LA at this point.

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

The way the game is going it looks like a very very high chance it’s Vegas and a remote chance LA with the teams remaining they play 

With LA losing tonight Nashville just clinched WC1

So if the canucks can clinch the division than it'll be Predators as our round 1 match up

20 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

LA is about to lose to Minnesota, so I think that means that (if we win the division and don't pass Dallas) we will play Nashville 100%.

We can't pass Dallas. Dallas has the tie breaker and at best all we can do is tie them in points

Highly likely now it'll be Canucks vs Predators.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, bh90 said:

We can't pass Dallas. Dallas has the tie breaker and at best all we can do is tie them in points

If we win both our final games and Dallas loses there final game we actually win the conference because we have more regulation wins so we would face the Kings or Vegas.

Nevermind i guess it goes by superior points percentage first?

Edited by Captain Kirk

2 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Vegas has 2 games left vs chi and ana. If they win both it would put them ahead of nashville for wc1. Also depends on how La does too.

1 minute ago, Captain Kirk said:

If we win both our final games and Dallas loses there final game we actually win the conference because we have more regulation wins son we would face the Kings or Vegas.

Isn't tie breaker head on record? 

Just now, Nucks780 said:

Vegas has 2 games left vs chi and ana. If they win both it would put them ahead of nashville for wc1. Also depends on how La does too.

If vegas wins both their final games than they overtake LA. Most points LA can finish with is 99 so LA would move in WC2 

2 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Nevermind i guess it goes by superior points percentage first?

Regulation wins.  If we are tied in points we would have the same points percentage too

33 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

no it wouldn't vegas can only finish 3rd or wc2 they can't finish in wc1 because LA can't finish higher than nashville. so vegas either finish ahead of LA with 100 points or finish below LA and nashville

Edited by wai_lai416

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

no it wouldn't vegas can only finish 3rd or wc2 they can't finish in wc1 because LA can't finish higher than nashville

Tie breakers are as follows

1. Regulation wins
  2. Regulation and overtime wins
  3. Total wins
  4. Most points earned in head-to-head competition: If teams had an uneven number of meetings, the first game played in the city that has the extra game is excluded.
  5. Goal differential
  6. Total goals.

Nashville has an edge over Vegas for 1. and over LA for 1. or 2. if LA wins their last game in Regulation.  Hence neither can be in the WC1 position.  

Since Both LA and Vegas are in the same division, they can only switch from 3rd to WC2   

Our goal is simple.  Just grab a point against Calgary to clinch our division and the last game will be a mean nothing game for both Winnipeg and us.  Rest as many of your starters as you can and prepare for the playoffs

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Tie breakers are as follows

1. Regulation wins
  2. Regulation and overtime wins
  3. Total wins
  4. Most points earned in head-to-head competition: If teams had an uneven number of meetings, the first game played in the city that has the extra game is excluded.
  5. Goal differential
  6. Total goals.

Nashville has an edge over Vegas for 1. and over LA for 1. or 2. if LA wins their last game in Regulation.  Hence neither can be in the WC1 position.  

Since Both LA and Vegas are in the same division, they can only switch from 3rd to WC2   

Our goal is simple.  Just grab a point against Calgary to clinch our division and the last game will be a mean nothing game for both Winnipeg and us.  Rest as many of your starters as you can and prepare for the playoffs

exactly what i said? nashville clinched wc1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

exactly what i said? nashville clinched wc1

Sorry, forgot to give you credit.  Yes exactly but added some clarification on how the tie breakers worked.  We also have the edge in RW's against the Oilers if we are tied.

2 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Sorry, forgot to give you credit.  Yes exactly but added some clarification on how the tie breakers worked.  We also have the edge in RW's against the Oilers if we are tied.

ya i thought u misunderstood me or my explanation was wrong ahah anyways they can win or tie tmw doesn't really matter tie and clinch nashville

• Cheers 1