Neat article on why Canucks chose their jersey s numbers

I like how some players have a detailed story behind there numbers and players like Juulsen and Myers are like..."meh...its what some junior team handed me"

And Miller might never (we hope) get his #10.  Circling around the number all his NHL career.  9 suits him better anyways. He's not seen as a # 10 star elite by hockey pundits, but we know his is. Number 9 is perfect for a guy who's plays just under the radar of the more celebrated star players. .

6 hours ago, kilgore said:

I like how some players have a detailed story behind there numbers and players like Juulsen and Myers are like..."meh...its what some junior team handed me"

And Miller might never (we hope) get his #10.  Circling around the number all his NHL career.  9 suits him better anyways. He's not seen as a # 10 star elite by hockey pundits, but we know his is. Number 9 is perfect for a guy who's plays just under the radar of the more celebrated star players. .

#9 is probably the most celebrated and successful number in NHL history.

Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Brett Hull, Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Clarke Gillies, Lanny MacDonald, Taylor Hall, Mike Modano, Tony Tanti, etc. etc.

Gretzky took 99 because he didn't feel he was worthy of wearing his hero Gordie Howe's number.

So JT is wearing a perfect number.

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 2

Demko looking very cool, calm and collected.

Perfect positioning... flashing the leather when necessary... kick saves.

On top of his game.

Personally though, unless Dallas loses, I think he should sit for the last game... allow him to be ultra fresh for the playoffs.

22 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

#9 is probably the most celebrated and successful number in NHL history.

Rocket Richard, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Brett Hull, Igor Larionov, Ron Francis, Clarke Gillies, Lanny MacDonald, Taylor Hall, Mike Modano, Tony Tanti, etc. etc.

Gretzky took 99 because he didn't feel he was worthy of wearing his hero Gordie Howe's number.

So JT is wearing a perfect number.

9 was my favourite as a young kid because of Don Lever