[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

1 hour ago, Captkirk888 said:

I would argue it doesn’t take a Vezina calibre goalie several games to get back in the groove. He is healthy. You worry too much.

I think Demko missed a significant amount of time, so I hope he is healthy. I dont know what his injury was, so no idea how serious it was in the long term.

47 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I think Garland and Hoglander both made the bottom six actually worth their ice time though. Lately they've been a non factor, especially offensive production. With Lindholm back give us the best spread through the top 3 lines

Garland is 2-3 for 5 in the last 5……

He is also noticeable every game regardless…

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I think Demko missed a significant amount of time, so I hope he is healthy. I dont know what his injury was, so no idea how serious it was in the long term.

No, we fans aren’t privy and typically they don’t want to disclose such info to other teams/media either.

He didn’t look to be in much discomfort when he pulled himself from his last game. That may indicate it was not very serious. It was likely something minor that if left unchecked or aggravated might become more serious.

why chance that when they were playoff bound, best to take it easy and recoup slowly.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The plan always to be healthy with a couple games left. With certain injuries it's very much a predictable time frame.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

They win that game 99/100 times. Very poor execution with the right plays. Just couldn't hit the net to save their lives. 

Not mad at this game. Thought they played well. I get to go to the game on Saturday so I'm excited it means something 🙂

Oh, good, we won't be the 9nly Canucks jerseys in the stands. See you there.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

They win that game 99/100 times. Very poor execution with the right plays. Just couldn't hit the net to save their lives. 

Not mad at this game. Thought they played well. I get to go to the game on Saturday so I'm excited it means something 🙂

Woooo! Enjoy the game. I think we’re gonna win this one 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

A goalie... is a member of the team.

On our team, our goalie is one of the best in the league.

When teams have their best people playing, they are better.

I know, mind blown. 

Hmmm...seems to me there were a lot of fans commenting that the only reason the Canucks were

doing so well was due to Demko.  Guess they forgot how much his game effected the rest of

the team, as well as the final results.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hmmm...seems to me there were a lot of fans commenting that the only reason the Canucks were

doing so well was due to Demko.  Guess they forgot how much his game effected the rest of

the team, as well as the final results.

Apparently irony is a thing….

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Devron said:

Woooo! Enjoy the game. I think we’re gonna win this one 

Yup, I remember when people were saying we broke them earlier in the year. Obviously it will not be so easy but I think we'll take them too. Should be a heck of a game. We can beat those chumps. Hope Arizona beats them tomorrow. McDavid still day to day, probably worse off than Demko at this point so it might be a risk to play him.

Depends how valuable that first place is to them.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup, I remember when people were saying we broke them earlier in the year. Obviously it will not be so easy but I think we'll take them too. Should be a heck of a game. We can beat those chumps. Hope Arizona beats them tonight. McDavid still day to day, probably worse off than Demko at this point so it might be a risk to play him.

Well, we at least broke their Woody. They had to get a replacement Knob.

• Haha 2

I think the Oils are beatable if you keep them off the pp, but tough to do because of poor reffing and sometimes you just have to take a penalty. I think it's going to be a battle of special teams again on Saturday. If Canucks can't get their pp going and get undiscipline I don't like our chances.

I'm not concerned about these last few games. I just want to see Demko get some action before the show.

The players would probably rather have the playoffs start tomorrow but it's good prep. Keeping expectations low on Saturday if DeSmith gets the start but hoping he comes back strong and has a good game. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Garland is 2-3 for 5 in the last 5……

He is also noticeable every game regardless…

Yeah I just mean having the Joshua Blueger Garland line as the 3rd and when we had Hoglander on the 4th the bottom 6 actually scored. They've dried up drastically since they both moved up lines. 

• Cheers 1

Irrelavent. The point is that there were specific games recently that we were much likely to win with Demko. No gurantee of course. A division title discussion woukd be a moot point.

Why is it irrelevant?  If his efforts couldn't stop a slide those times, what makes you think he suddenly would have now?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

A goalie... is a member of the team.

On our team, our goalie is one of the best in the league.

When teams have their best people playing, they are better.

I know, mind blown. 

You should be a sports writer. That's probably easily a top 10 news article from the last decade after what we've all been subjected to.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

when Demko does that, Stawns then says the team didn't deserve to win because its unsustainable. It doesn't matter, Walking Cloud looks for the downside in any Canucks situation. 

bored christopher walken GIF