[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

I’m unaware of the rules of OT. Didn’t one Arizona player have to go off once their powerplay was over? I counted 4 Arizona players on the ice during the game winning goal but the penalty had been over for 10-15 seconds. How does that work?

• Confused 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

I’m unaware of the rules of OT. Didn’t one Arizona player have to go off once their powerplay was over? I counted 4 Arizona players on the ice during the game winning goal but the penalty had been over for 10-15 seconds. How does that work?

I believe they go 4 on 4 after the penalty until the next whistle and then revert to 3 on 3 again. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

I believe after the penalty it is 4 on 4 until next whistle. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Barnstorm said:

I believe they go 4 on 4 after the penalty until the next whistle and then revert to 3 on 3 again. 

Oh really? I don’t think I saw another Canuck jump on the ice though. It remained 4 on 3 until the goal.

Just now, grumpyone said:

actually, we carried 95% of the play in the first 2 periods... we just fell into our bad habit of making their goalie look like George Vezina, or couldn't hit the net. 

Sorry to be a spelling Nazi, but there's an "s" at the end of George. It means a bit more when it's a name.

On topic, I've been seeing that as well. A lot of the "who's that?" of the goaltending community have been looking like Georges, or Terry, or Dominic when they face the Canucks. A lot of just missing the net, (like Bo's late chance) or hitting the 'Keeper right in the logo....

Gotta turn that around for the playoffs.

Oh really? I don’t think I saw another Canuck jump on the ice though. It remained 4 on 3 until the goal.

Boeser came out of the box, making it a 4 on 4

The penalty results in 4 on 3 for Arizona. When penalty ends player in penalty box comes on making 4 on 4 until next whistle.  Then both teams revert back to 3 on 3 . Reason being is to avoid a 3 on 2 situation due to a penalty. 

• Cheers 2

After the hot start to the year Canucks had and the poor start the Oilers had, you would think the title for division winner would not have come down to the last 2-3 games but here we are. Saturday has suddenly become a must win situation with Oilers having games in hand.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Sorry to be a spelling Nazi, but there's an "s" at the end of George. It means a bit more when it's a name.

On topic, I've been seeing that as well. A lot of the "who's that?" of the goaltending community have been looking like Georges, or Terry, or Dominic when they face the Canucks. A lot of just missing the net, (like Bo's late chance) or hitting the 'Keeper right in the logo....

Gotta turn that around for the playoffs.

oops, sorry. 

2uj40i.jpg

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We win that Cup is we had Quinn Hughes. We win in ‘94 too if we had him back then. 

BTW, you can't blame Silovs for last night - your golden boy made a mistake and the Yotes capitalized on it.  
Even the OT goal wasn't his fault - perfect pass to a guy all alone at the other side of the net. 

• Cheers 1

Hopefully they work on how to stop cross crease passes today in practice.

Leg extended with your stick down on the ice.

Thats one area where we miss Tanev. He was really good at making sure those didn’t get through.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

Boeser came out of the penalty box ... a little lazy and slow just like his penalty. He's apathetic in coverage sometimes.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Boeser came out of the penalty box ... a little lazy and slow just like his penalty. He's apathetic in coverage sometimes.

Boeser was not the reason they got scored on.

Cole kneeling down and not being able to stop a cross crease pass was.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

5v5

20232024-21254-5v5.png

SCF 28

SCA 11

HDCF 14

HDCA 5

CORSI 66.67%

FOW% 65.5%

xGF 2.88

xGA 1.13

All Situations

20232024-21254-all.png

SCF 42

SCA 17

HDCF 19

HDCA 7

CORSI 66.37%

FOW 65.5%

xGF 4.04

xGA 1.78

PP 1/4

PK 5/5

Sucks to lose, but by no means were we dominated or pushed around in any single part of the game. Petey potted one, the PP had was involved and the PK was perfect. All 3 of these area's were a bit of a concern and right now the last couple games its been looking better. JT, Garland and Hughes keep chugging along. Losing doesnt look like the stats and maps shown above, this is what a lot of our losses look like overall. We tend to be the better team, we just dont always get the bounces. Be happy that there are things going well and that the team isn't playing like complete dog shit in a loss, they deserve much better than what the score indicates.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

26 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser was not the reason they got scored on.

Cole kneeling down and not being able to stop a cross crease pass was.

True ... I was counting the penalty down too though. I knew Boeser wouldn't be skating that hard to get back in the play, even though he likely couldn't have made it back.

I'm super glad their is no 3 v 3 in the playoffs as we're horrible at it. Either we score or give up multiple chances after chance. We don't like to cover the opposing team's players very closely and just let them set up the cycle if we lose it.

Makes the Saturday game a huge tilt.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

Guess what, we have zero effect on the team.  

If you think that players don’t think about fans and reaction (they love a loud building, people chanting their names, they are entertainers after all) you have zero insight.

• MillerTime 2

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

True ... I was counting the penalty down too though. I knew Boeser wouldn't be skating that hard to get back in the play, even though he likely couldn't have made it back.

I'm super glad their is no 3 v 3 in the playoffs as we're horrible at it. Either we score or give up multiple chances after chance. We don't like to cover the opposing team's players very closely and just let them set up the cycle if we lose it.

Makes the Saturday game a huge tilt.

Agreed. That’s why there’s value in being a really good 5 on 5 team.

A team that relies on 3 on 3 to get their points won’t have that advantage in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

If you think that players don’t think about fans and reaction (they love a loud building, people chanting their names, they are entertainers after all) you have zero insight.

I honestly don't know why he follows this team. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Fans at a game can effect the energy, but not fans here.  We mean nothing

Yeah, because players never read sports news or go on social media. Heck they never talk about it in interviews either.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A team that relies on 3 on 3 to get their points won’t have that advantage in the playoffs.

Miller

Petey

Lindy

Blueger

thats some pretty great C depth for 5 on 5 play. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Absolutely. On a positive note the last 10 minutes, including the pk was sublime all out dominant playoff hockey. It was a treat to watch. If we play like that consistently in the post-season we will be tough to beat.

So close now!

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Miller

Petey

Lindy

Blueger

thats some pretty great C depth for 5 on 5 play. 

Lindy looked like a different player ... in a good way. Good game after being out for quite awhile. Had a couple of nice looks.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lindy looked like a different player ... in a good way. Good game after being out for quite awhile. Had a couple of nice looks.

he's a really smart player. I really don't care about his offensive side for the playoffs, I just like having the idea of him and Blueger running two lines capable of stifling offence. I see it as having a 3Aline (Lindy's) and a 3B line (Blueger). 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Totally unfair, Yotes scored 3 seconds after the penalty ended. He had no time to get back in the play. Don’t you go all Eddie Vedder on us. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2