[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Guess Tocchet doesn’t like Suter as a center.

Seems like the obvious move is to put Blueger with Joshua and Garland and have Lindholm center the second with Petey on wing with Miller or him. Suter centers the fourth.

Yeah I don't like Miller with Suter And Aman that's not a playoff line. I think Lindholm in the top six makes more sense too, Use blue and Suter 3/4 C.  Joshua Blueger Garland were so awesome I hope that's a Playoffs reunion 

42 minutes ago, Pears said:

Using +/- as a serious stat in 2024 lol

Some advanced stats are taken seriously, and they just seem to be numbers that don't relate to anything.

Bottom line is +/- is an indicator. Nothing more. When Bobby Orr was +124 in 1970-71. It was a pretty good indicator he was an elite defenceman.

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Darius said:

unlikely

Canucks have received poor goaltending since demko went down.  Bottom 10 in save percentage 5v5 and Bottom 5 all situations.  DeSmith is ranked near the bottom in save percentage since he took over for Demko.  Meanwhile the team has been strong defensively and in generating high danger changes.  Its not realistic to think that a goalie that was top 2 in the NHL in expected goals saved above average would not have impacted the last 3 weeks with a couple more wins.  With a couple more wins we would have the division locked up.

Demko couldn't stop the slide to .500 hockey in November and he couldn't stop the post all star game slide either.  He might have won a couple extra games in there, but he wasn't going to fix many of the issues

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yes because he is specifically referring to his +/- as the one and only reason he needed to improve defensively and not anything else like positioning or awareness...

That is exactly what he said - OMG!  🤦‍♂️

• Confused 2

Podkolzin Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Petey Lindholm 

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Mikheyev Suter Lafferty/PDG 

Lindholm takes the defensive and strong side draws, even the odd offensive draw to let Petey set up for a set play one timer. I like having that option for Petey, win the draw to Hughes passes to Petey one timer. Worked with the lotto line that play. Peteys gotta use that one timer more, he's got a good shot! 

• Like 3

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Podkolzin Miller Boeser 

Hoglander Petey Lindholm 

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Mikheyev Suter Lafferty/PDG 

Lindholm takes the defensive and strong side draws, even the odd offensive draw to let Petey set up for a set play one timer. I like having that option for Petey, win the draw to Hughes passes to Petey one timer. Worked with the lotto line that play. Peteys gotta use that one timer more, he's got a good shot! 

Taking garland out of the top is not a good plan, imo

14 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Hoglander continues to struggle.  Canucks would be winning these games with Demko in.

Oilers will likely win the division. Canucks squandered a lot of points since the all-star break.

I'd be fine playing Vegas. We just beat them in their building without Demko and Lindholm. 

Would be playing LA if Edmonton takes the division. 

replace PDG with Podz and we have our hardest 5 on 5 lines imo:

Hogs-EP-Brock

DJ-Millsy-Garland

Podz-Lindy-Mik

Suter-Bluegar-Laffy

Petey's line is the weakest defensively, so that one gets more offensive side starts but its not weak either. 

To me the bottom two lines are like two 3rd lines in quality. 

28 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Hard to believe that once upon a time we were 17 points up on them and no looking back - NOW THIS !

It goes to show you how derailed this team has become since the All Star Break / Lind-🏠 insertion when the team lost it's chemistry.

The Oilers W streak was unparalleled.  15W + 8W + 5W  + various smaller streaks.

Since Dec 21-Apr 10 their record is 38W-11L.  It's not just the Canucks that they passed.

The Oilers are a very good team, that simply had a very bad start.

You are right about the dismal February games, for whatever reason(s). I don't agree

that Lindholm messed with the team chemistry, but breaking up the team after

their fantastic run in January certainly did.

March gets interesting.  They started off with 4 straight Ws.  It looked they were putting

the Feb results behind.  Then Demko was injured on Mar 9.  From Mar 13-Apr 10 the team

has played 13 games with 6W and 7L.

The return of a healthy and rested Demko is a huge plus. Not only does he have a great

record, his presence gives the player a lift in confidence, which has a dramatic change

in their style of play.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Agkr3w said:

Would be playing LA if Edmonton takes the division. 

Damn, don't like that much  1-3-0 against the Kings this year (Demko and DeSmith each getting 2 games)  I'd rather play Vegas.

4 minutes ago, Darius said:

lol.  ok (and you were the guy asking people to stop pretending yesterday?)

Demko's last three starts

VS Winnipeg WIN

VS VGK WIN .964%

VS LA WIN  .958%

3 wins in a row vs strong teams.  But yeah lets pretend he would have had no impact over his replacements who are bottom of the barrel.

As I said, he would have a couple games in there, but they'd still be in the same predicament.  He can't score goals for them

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

As I said, he would have a couple games in there, but they'd still be in the same predicament.  He can't score goals for them

couple more games would amount to 4 points and have the division locked up no?

• Cheers 3

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Damn, don't like that much  1-3-0 against the Kings this year (Demko and DeSmith each getting 2 games)  I'd rather play Vegas.

First round opponent - Canucks Talk - Unofficial Canucks Fan Forum

Check out the heat maps and advanced analytics vs LAK, its really not as bad as the record shows... not even remotely close.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I think losing Demko was a bigger influence than acquiring lindholm. The Canucks won most of Lindholm's initial games.

Only a Meat-🎾 thinks adding Lindholm had this huge negative effect. Very close to going back on block. He's just pure spam at this point.

Obviously losing a Vezina candidate for over a month is going to affect the team. I can't wait until Lindy becomes a playoff hero and he's fed a nice warm glass of shut the hell up. 😂

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Reading latest news on Demko - it seems like a big problem to start Demko cold in a pivotal game against Edmonton. Canucks are playing .500 hockey and need to win the Saturday, so can Demko play at least as well or better than DeSmith when he's been sitting for a month?

I find it VERY concerning that our no#1 goalie has been out a month and is expected to come in cold and play in a 1st round playoff series. Demko may be good, but he's not taking a few days off and then playing a regular season game, hes taking a month off *and* entering at a playoff pace.

Anyone concerned that Demko won't play in the 1st game and we start with a 0-1 hole in a playoff series? Or worse, Demko doesn't start games 1-2 and is expected to start cold in game 3 of a series. 

If Demko has had to miss a month of games, and possibly cost us the Division, then the injury must have been very serious. How can a goalie go from a very serious injury to starting a playoff series cold??

I don't see how we win with our backups, based on their regular season play and the .500 hockey being played in front of them.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

39 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah I don't like Miller with Suter And Aman that's not a playoff line. I think Lindholm in the top six makes more sense too, Use blue and Suter 3/4 C.  Joshua Blueger Garland were so awesome I hope that's a Playoffs reunion 

You do that by using Lindstrom between Miller and Boeser though.

Hoggy Petey Pods

Joshua Bluegar garland

Mik Suter Laff.  

Not sure why that isn't what we are doing.  

They win that game 99/100 times. Very poor execution with the right plays. Just couldn't hit the net to save their lives. 

Not mad at this game. Thought they played well. I get to go to the game on Saturday so I'm excited it means something :)

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1