[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And then Tuesday and then Thursday.

Might come down to the final day really.

If we beat Edmonton surely that's it wrapped up. Lose and we kind of have to win out which is very do-able with Demko in net.

Going to be close but the stakes are so high. A first round matchup against LA is basically a sweep in my books, we cannot win 4 against them. We've trashed Vegas lately so wouldn't mind them but the Preds would be a close one we should win.

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we beat Edmonton surely that's it wrapped up. Lose and we kind of have to win out which is very do-able with Demko in net.

Going to be close but the stakes are so high. A first round matchup against LA is basically a sweep in my books, we cannot win 4 against them. We've trashed Vegas lately so wouldn't mind them but the Preds would be a close one we should win.

Ill feel a whole lot better if Demko is in net on Saturday (obviously lol).  DeSmith really had a strong game in Edmonton earlier in the year so im assuming they have to go with him if Demko is not ready.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Not saying its easy or that youll win everyone, just seems like were consistently making it hard on ourselves lately more than other teams.

We lose to Arizona tonight, barely beat Arizona in Phoenix, barely beat Anaheim. 

The team we saw earlier in the year that attacked in waves, played a high-pressure connected game, moved the puck well as a unit, defended moving forward, exc is often MIA or only around for parts of games.

Theyve had some good moments but the fastball seems to be missing. Last time is prob the 5-0 win against Winnipeg. 

I understand where you’re coming from. But it all works in mysterious ways. Look at Boston last year. Nashville peaked and I bet they go no where in the playoffs. We’ll see what happens. We are going to the playoffs! 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Edmonton has 5 games. But they also have 2 back to backs. We are the 2nd game of their 1st back to back. Even if they win out for the division. They're likely gonna be spent playing so much hockey in a condensed period of time. 5 games in 7 nights, and only 1 day off before the playoffs start. That team is gonna be gassed going into the playoffs. Winning the division might not help them. Besides, McDavid is already hurt. So they may just sideline him til the playoffs. If they're smart. I honestly think our spot is safe. Even if it isn't. We're rested.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

Pettersson looked very engaged again and came up with a clutch goal off a wrist shot. Something he hasn’t done in awhile.

Funny. If we won this game and Pettersson didn’t play great. All the talk would have been about that lol 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I understand where you’re coming from. But it all works in mysterious ways. Look at Boston last year. Nashville peaked and I bet they go no where in the playoffs. We’ll see what happens. We are going to the playoffs! 

The one i remember is Columbus sweeping Tampa a few years back.  I think that year Tampa was a juggernaut in the regular season.  In the end it comes down to who gets hot, getting a hot goalie and some bounces and posts that get in the way.

Lots of people seem to be scared of LA.  If we get Demko back and he holds them in there so that the Canucks get the first goal the whole dynamic of the game changes in the Canucks favor. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A lot of good from this game I don’t see people mentioning. It’s not always just about the results.

I thought Lindholm looked great defensively and on the pk. Was way more involved offensively than before too.

Blueger was phenomenal on the pk and in the dot in key moments.

Garland’s puck retrieval skills are some of the best in the league.

Zadorov was dishing out some huge hits tonight.

Pettersson looked very engaged again and came up with a clutch goal off a wrist shot. Something he hasn’t done in awhile.

Hughes had a three point night and is just an absolute workhorse back there. Every time he’s in the ice we dominate possession. With those thee points he’s up to 91 on the season. 74 of those being assists which is 2 away from a 30 year record set by Karlsson.

Despite taking a penalty I liked seeing Myers mop the net area clean with that one dog. He made it abundantly clear he wasn’t welcome in front of our goalie. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Devron said:

Pretty sure we can sweep the Oilers in the season series on Saturday. How come no one is talking about that. No confidence in our boys it seems 

Not exactly the same teams.......to pretend they are us kidding yourself

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Had to listen on 650, didn't seem to play terrible at all, put chanced them all game and drastically by the end, couple of unlucky bounces on two of their goals, otherwise we win that game Everytime. They were talking about Silovs and he may need to work on his position when he can't see the puck, seems a little lost when he's screened in front and not just making himself big as possible. Hard to just go on what you hear on the radio though. 

Edited by Rick_theRyper

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Edmonton has 5 games. But they also have 2 back to backs. We are the 2nd game of their 1st back to back. Even if they win out for the division. They're likely gonna be spent playing so much hockey in a condensed period of time. 5 games in 7 nights, and only 1 day off before the playoffs start. That team is gonna be gassed going into the playoffs. Winning the division might not help them. Besides, McDavid is already hurt. So they may just sideline him til the playoffs. If they're smart. I honestly think our spot is safe. Even if it isn't. We're rested.

Knowing Bettman, Canucks series will begin on Saturday which would give coilers little rest between regular season and series start. Especially after 6 in 8 to close the season. 

13 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Well in that case, tying up the game tonight and getting that extra point was HUGE.

That’s true. At least we got a point tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Darius said:

The one i remember is Columbus sweeping Tampa a few years back.  I think that year Tampa was a juggernaut in the regular season.  In the end it comes down to who gets hot, getting a hot goalie and some bounces and posts that get in the way.

Lots of people seem to be scared of LA.  If we get Demko back and he holds them in there so that the Canucks get the first goal the whole dynamic of the game changes in the Canucks favor. 

What's the point in pretending the kings haven't dominated the Canucks this yea, and that matchups don't matter?  They do

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

My God. A series with L.A. would be so boring. But with the way we’re playing. I’m not sure if any of those teams are winnable in a 7 game series. We’re not playing great.