[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

1 minute ago, Devron said:

And? We can’t sweep them? Auto loss on Saturday? 

If we have Demko. We have a chance. If McDavid is back. Then probably not. Oilers killed Vegas tonight without McDavid. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

And? We can’t sweep them? Auto loss on Saturday? 

Cmon, the oilers have pretty much been the best team since January, the Canucks just average.......to pretend that's not true is silly.  Can they beat them?  Of course.  Are the odds in Vans favour?  Not at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Edmonton has 5 games. But they also have 2 back to backs. We are the 2nd game of their 1st back to back. Even if they win out for the division. They're likely gonna be spent playing so much hockey in a condensed period of time. 5 games in 7 nights, and only 1 day off before the playoffs start. That team is gonna be gassed going into the playoffs. Winning the division might not help them. Besides, McDavid is already hurt. So they may just sideline him til the playoffs. If they're smart. I honestly think our spot is safe. Even if it isn't. We're rested.

We just lost to the Coyotes of all teams, at home, at the end of a b2b. I think they'll have enough drive and juice to destroy us, they just bombed Vegas without McDavid.

That being said their last games will be tough for sure, we probably just need to win 2 of 3 to get the division which should be very do-able but without Demko any game is loseable.

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

If we have Demko. We have a chance. If McDavid is back. Then probably not. Oilers killed Vegas tonight without McDavid. 

Yeah not having our starter has made things tough that’s for sure. Looked like Vegas needed some goaltending tonight too. Hill looked brutal 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Cmon, the oilers have pretty much been the best team since January, the Canucks just average.......to pretend that's not true is silly.  Can they beat them?  Of course.  Are the odds in Vans favour?  Not at all

Yeah yeah Oilers are the greatest 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

Anyone know why Canucks are playing Silovs over DeSmith? 

Anyone know why Demko isn't playing in a game yet? How many games has he missed at this point? Anyone concerned that it will be very hard for him to jump into a playoff game without playing for a month?

The Canucks need to look themselves the mirror and look at the cold hard reality of their pre and post All Star game stats. When the All Star break happened, fans and critics were saying that it was time to consider the Canucks a legitimate playoff contender team. Over the first 49 games Canucks were a .673 team, but over the last 30 games Canucks have been a .500 team. How did we drop by almost 18%? What happened between pre and post All Star game to turn us from a playoff contender to an average team. Had we played the way we've played over a full season, we'd not be in the playoffs, so can we find our Pre All Star swagger or have we just settled to our true level now? 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/sports/winning-percentage

Can we change our trajectory or will Oilers just keeping moving up while we keep moving down as the trajectories have been since the All Star break?

I'd imagine the Canucks will be tight and the Oilers will be lose, because both teams had very different post All Star game trajectories. We've been around a .500 hockey team for about 30 games and Edmonton has been a .600 team since the All Star break.

Edmonton Oilers

• 18-15-1 record between October 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024
  • 29-15-1 between October 1, 2023 and February 4, 2024
  • 30-9-4 since January 1, 2024
  • 19-9-4 since February 4, 2024

image.png.7225af25135441490ba8f6f99b0a20aa.png

Canucks

• 23-10-3 record between October 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024
  • 33-11-5 between October 1, 2023 and February 4, 2024
  • 25-12-6 record since January 1, 2024
  • 15-11-4 record since February 4, 2024

image.png.28362985c4e8ba1add9ee44ea170c511.png

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan

34 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Mental Energies are useless

I prefer to think that anyone of us could be mutating, as we speak. 

By collectively exercising our mental & spiritual muscles, we can effect change in the world,…either positively or negatively.

Why not believe it? 

A good portion of the brain is less active. What’s that region’s purpose? Spirit to spirit communication, astro-projection….it’s still a mystery?

^Let’s experiment on that & send good thoughts & vibes to the players, in a more focused way. 

If the things we say in our minds begin to matter as much as the words we say out-loud….which team will you choose?

(See below)

A) Team-championship-positivity  

B) Team-already-defeated-out-of-the-gate

I know it’s hard after 50+ years of waiting, but it’s high-time we had MORE believers!

We can out-believe, Soilers Nation, surely!

C’mon!!! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Every night is a whole new game. Who  knows, the coilers might be unsure of playing us after 3 losses throughout the year. Maybe we are in their heads. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Teams like Edmonton & Colorado are able to bring that intensity against teams they should beat, 

COLORADO LOSSES THIS YEAR….

Sun, Oct 29, 2023

@ Buffalo Sabres

Loss 0 - 4

Thu, Nov 9, 2023

vs Seattle Kraken

Loss 3 - 4

Thu, Nov 30, 2023

@ Arizona Coyotes

Loss 3 - 4

Sat, Dec 2, 2023

@ Anaheim Ducks

Loss 3 - 4

Tue, Dec 19, 2023

@ Chicago Blackhawks

Loss 2 - 3

Wed, Dec 27, 2023

@ Arizona Coyotes

Loss 4 - 5

Mon, Jan 15, 2024

@ Montreal Canadiens

Loss 3 - 4

Tue, Feb 6, 2024

@ New Jersey Devils

Loss 3 - 5

Tue, Feb 6, 2024

@ New Jersey Devils

Loss 3 - 5

Mon, Apr 1, 2024

@ Columbus Blue Jackets

Loss 1 - 4

EDMONTON LOSSES THIS YEAR….

Thu, Nov 9, 2023

@ San Jose Sharks

Loss 2 - 3

Tue, Dec 19, 2023

@ New York Islanders

Loss 1 - 3

Thu, Feb 15, 2024

@ St. Louis Blues

Loss 3 - 6

Fri, Feb 23, 2024

vs Minnesota Wild

Loss 2 - 4

Sat, Feb 24, 2024

vs Calgary Flames

Loss 3 - 6

Thu, Mar 7, 2024

@ Columbus Blue Jackets

Loss 2 - 4

Sat, Mar 9, 2024

@ Buffalo Sabres

Loss 2 - 3

Sun, Mar 24, 2024

@ Ottawa Senators

Loss 3 - 5

Mon, Apr 1, 2024

@ St. Louis Blues

Loss 2 - 3

plenty of games where they beat these teams they should beat - by ONE goal

So, in conclusion, BS

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

What's the point in pretending the kings haven't dominated the Canucks this yea, and that matchups don't matter?  They do

Whats the point in pretending that the Canucks played most of their games vs LA without their most important player.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

What's the point in pretending the kings haven't dominated the Canucks this yea, and that matchups don't matter?  They do

So the LA-VAN match up matters, but them almost sweeping the Oilers doesn't? Because they're a different team now? 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Why pretend they haven't been phenomenal after such a poor start?  What's the point of pretending?

Why do you think they had such a poor start.  Hot shot team from last year, same coach that got fired, walk into game 1 vs the Canucks and got destroyed.   Then they got pummeled in short order two games in the row by the Canucks.  I suspect their issue was a mental issue - i mean its basically the same roster unless you think Perry has made the huge difference.  Id say its not far fetched the Canucks had a large hand that sent them into that tail spin.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

So the LA-VAN match up matters, but them almost sweeping the Oilers doesn't? Because they're a different team now? 

When have the van-la games happened?

Now when were the games against the oilers 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, viking mama said:

I prefer to think that anyone of us could be mutating, as we speak. 

By collectively exercising our mental & spiritual muscles, we can effect change in the world,…either positively or negatively.

Why not believe it? 

A good portion of the brain is less active. What’s that region’s purpose? Spirit to spirit communication, astro-projection….it’s still a mystery?

^Let’s experiment on that & send good thoughts & vibes to the players, in a more focused way. 

If the things we say in our minds begin to matter as much as the words we say out-loud….which team will you be choosing?

A) Team-championship-positivity  

B) Team-defeated-out-of-the-gate

I know it’s hard after 50+ years waiting, …but it’s high-time we had MORE believers!

We can out-believe, Soilers Nation, surely!

C’mon!!! 

Your best post! Thanks for putting that into the world. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

More often than not I don't like how Hughes answers. He's talking about the Canuck's play like they're still playing like Pre All star game, when it doesn't match how they actually are playing. I'd like him to be more realistic and show some frustration at losing to bottom feeder team. At least Miller is more honest about their crappy games.

Can we stop pretending the Canucks haven't had an amazing season and just 

s-l1200.thumb.webp.920ba543c997045a75b1a7a5a6296a73.webp

Hey we're going to the playoffs baby, I'm freaking stoked! We won some we shouldn't have early in the season because of Demko and surprisingly we've lost some we should have won without him lately. I think this team and beat a team like that LA team, they can beat the oilers Again! So let's fucking go baby! On to the next one! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

More often than not I don't like how Hughes answers. He's talking about the Canuck's play like they're still playing like Pre All star game, when it doesn't match how they actually are playing. I'd like him to be more realistic and show some frustration at losing to bottom feeder team. At least Miller is more honest about their crappy games.

Shutty

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Every night is a whole new game. Who  knows, the coilers might be unsure of playing us after 3 losses throughout the year. Maybe we are in their heads. 

I doubt that. They’ve been playing really well since losing to us as often as they did earlier in the season. The focus isn’t on earlier this season. Their focus is Saturday. And they’ve been playing well. The Canucks? Not as much.