[PGT] Utah (Arizona) @ Vancouver

Iron Man

52 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

no they won't.. we are 4 points up.. they have 2 games in hand

Better check your math

he’s right. We win our last 3 we end up with 111 points

Soilers win their last 5 they end up with 111 points

We win based on our 45RW to their 43RW

oops nvmnd wrong post and impossible scenario as they play each other lol.

Edited by Captkirk888
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

When have the van-la games happened?

Now when were the games against the oilers 

We both know the answers to that. No need for mute questions. Why is a bad start by the oilers at the beginning of the season making the fact a fringe NHL playoff team whooping their asses less impressive? It doesn't negate the fact the Canucks were all season a top 10 team and they can beat them again. And again Demko in makes it even more so a possibility. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I doubt that. They’ve been playing really well since losing to us as often as they did earlier in the season. The focus isn’t on earlier this season. Their focus is Saturday. And they’ve been playing well. The Canucks? Not as much. 

The only thing I can do to help the team is maintain a positive attitude. Vancouver can beat any of these  teams in a 7 game series, 

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I saw far more whining than excuses tonight. 

We weren't as bad at all tonight. Got the point.

11 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Can we stop pretending the Canucks haven't had an amazing season and just 

s-l1200.thumb.webp.920ba543c997045a75b1a7a5a6296a73.webp

Hey we're going to the playoffs baby, I'm freaking stoked! We won some we shouldn't have early in the season because of Demko and surprisingly we've lost some we should have won without him lately. I think this team and beat a team like that LA team, they can beat the oilers Again! So let's fucking go baby! On to the next one! 

Absolutely. A great, special season. This is the beginning of our window.

The naysayers have already been proven wrong. Sweet relish!

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

Since March the Canucks are 10-5-2 which gives them a Point Percentage of .647 which is actually on the median between their March/April performance the last two seasons when the games were meaningless. So I would say the results so far has been ok all things considered.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Nor did they call Miller's blatant hook behind the 'Yotes net early in the 3rd.  These Canucks get away with murder!!

Poor reffing affects both teams

Plenty of calls they didn't make against Arizona too. Don't have to mention that. It's implied

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I doubt that. They’ve been playing really well since losing to us as often as they did earlier in the season. The focus isn’t on earlier this season. Their focus is Saturday. And they’ve been playing well. The Canucks? Not as much. 

A bird in hand is worth something in the bush. Oilers gotta win out or pretty much close to it. Hey, the Sharks could save our asses who knows!! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why pretend they haven't been phenomenal after such a poor start?  What's the point of pretending?

Whats the point in pretending we weren’t dominant for 2/3’s of the season and just good with a couple losing streaks since? Why do they get credit after being abysmal to start the year yet, you don’t give the Canucks credit for being great most of the season? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Anyone know why Canucks are playing Silovs over DeSmith? 

Anyone know why Demko isn't playing in a game yet? How many games has he missed at this point? Anyone concerned that it will be very hard for him to jump into a playoff game without playing for a month?

The Canucks need to look themselves the mirror and look at the cold hard reality of their pre and post All Star game stats. When the All Star break happened, fans and critics were saying that it was time to consider the Canucks a legitimate playoff contender team. Over the first 49 games Canucks were a .673 team, but over the last 30 games Canucks have been a .500 team. How did we drop by almost 18%? What happened between pre and post All Star game to turn us from a playoff contender to an average team. Had we played the way we've played over a full season, we'd not be in the playoffs, so can we find our Pre All Star swagger or have we just settled to our true level now? 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/sports/winning-percentage

Can we change our trajectory or will Oilers just keeping moving up while we keep moving down as the trajectories have been since the All Star break?

I'd imagine the Canucks will be tight and the Oilers will be lose, because both teams had very different post All Star game trajectories. We've been around a .500 hockey team for about 30 games and Edmonton has been a .600 team since the All Star break.

Edmonton Oilers

• 18-15-1 record between October 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024
  • 29-15-1 between October 1, 2023 and February 4, 2024
  • 30-9-4 since January 1, 2024
  • 19-9-4 since February 4, 2024

image.png.7225af25135441490ba8f6f99b0a20aa.png

Canucks

• 23-10-3 record between October 1, 2023 and January 1, 2024
  • 33-11-5 between October 1, 2023 and February 4, 2024
  • 25-12-6 record since January 1, 2024
  • 15-11-4 record since February 4, 2024

image.png.28362985c4e8ba1add9ee44ea170c511.png

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl

Maybe has something to do with trading a team favourite and fun swagger guy Kuzmenko for the dullest player in the league?

Even if it's not purely personnel, the shakeup was not needed and hurt us. Terrible season changing trade. We needed a depth guy to complement our stars, not a false star to change the makeup of our team.

I think we would have slowed down a bit regardless but not this much. The trade is supposed to make us better, not worse. Monahan or Tanev would have really thrust this team forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

27 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Maybe has something to do with trading a team favourite and fun swagger guy Kuzmenko for the dullest player in the league?

Even if it's not purely personnel, the shakeup was not needed and hurt us. Terrible season changing trade. We needed a depth guy to complement our stars, not a false star to change the makeup of our team.

I think we would have slowed down a bit regardless but not this much. The trade is supposed to make us better, not worse. Monahan or Tanev would have really thrust this team forward.

Lets weigh this.

What has had a larger effect  on the team.

The loss of Kuzmenko's personality in the locker room...or......

being without your bloody vezina caliber goalie for weeks on end which puts them into the position of playing a career backup night after night only to be relieved by your AHL third stringer on some nights.

Come on man, its not the Lindholm trade.

And wait a minute --- what was their record in March? 8-3-1?  

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Not sure I can take too many more of these winning seasons its been so positive.

The moment they fell under .700 - for me personally - i lost all faith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2