What Are You Listening To ~ Canadian Edition

Cerridwen

One of the greatest lead vocalists this country has ever produced is a little known guy named Freddy Curci. (the guy on the right of the photo below)

Most will know the song "When I'm With You", but for sheer vocal range and power, you have to listen to the notes that Freddy hits at the end of "California".

As a side note, the guy beside Freddy in the black T-Shirt is Arnold Lanni, who was the main songwriter for Sheriff. Years later, he formed the band "Frozen Ghost".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As a musician, I really love the story of Arnold Lanni....

Because of the deal Sheriff signed, Lanni didn't own the rights to the songs on the Sheriff album. After this album made him some money, Lanni purchased the rights to his own songs back from the record company....

....just in time for "When I'm With You" to be re-released and make him a shit ton of money....:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Seeing those BNL tunes reminded me of this gem.....

If you ever wondered what the boys would sound like if they went heavy, then here you go....Ed Robertson's guitar work really shines on this one....and since Steve Page had already left the band by this time, so does his vocal....

• Like 1