What Are You Listening To ~ Canadian Edition

Cerridwen

On 4/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, RupertKBD said:

One of my proudest moments as a musician was opening for these guys, back in the early 90's....

I don't have it any more (pretty sure the wife tossed it) but I used to have a signed photo of the boys that said "Bruce, go fuck yourself! Love, Gary"

(I don't think I can post what Blair said)

That must have been fun. My late brother-in-law was a huge Maclean and Maclean fan. He got me into them. The Bitter Reality album was delayed a few months because Burton Cummings was credited on the album and his record company didn't want any bad press because of the content. Like Burton on the Ken and Barbie bit.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen you play live. Probably on numerous occasions. In PG I used to hang in places like the Rock Pit, the Generator, the Barn at the Inn of the North, even Tete Jaune Cache room at the Yellowhead. Anywhere there was live music I went at some point.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That must have been fun. My late brother-in-law was a huge Maclean and Maclean fan. He got me into them. The Bitter Reality album was delayed a few months because Burton Cummings was credited on the album and his record company didn't want any bad press because of the content. Like Burton on the Ken and Barbie bit.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen you play live. Probably on numerous occasions. In PG I used to hang in places like the Rock Pit, the Generator, the Barn at the Inn of the North, even Tete Jaune Cache room at the Yellowhead. Anywhere there was live music I went at some point.

It's possible...when I was living in PG and playing in local bands, the best we could do was places like the Iron Horse and some of the old downtown dives....

I did play the Generator a few years later when I got in with a traveling crew, though.

Anyone who's lived here in Prince Rupert for any length of time will have likely seen me play though. Been doing the local circuit for almost 30 years now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

You can tell that was done a while ago.....not only does Biebs look like a kid, but Hoggard is in there too. :classic_blink:

BTW, I'm surprised we haven't heard more from Nikki. She's got a great voice....

• Like 1