What Are You Listening To ~ Canadian Edition

Cerridwen

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

I worked and volunteered at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues festival as setup then stage crew. I hung around with a lot of the musicians and played hacky sack, had a few glasses of wine, and even smoked weed with some of them.

Blue Rodeo was their biggest band that year and I was really looking forward to meeting them and maybe even hang around with them. Unfortunately, they came in at the last minute and left right after their performance. It was a great performance and they played all the songs that I wanted to hear.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RWMc1 said:

I worked and volunteered at the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues festival as setup then stage crew. I hung around with a lot of the musicians and played hacky sack, had a few glasses of wine, and even smoked weed with some of them.

Blue Rodeo was their biggest band that year and I was really looking forward to meeting them and maybe even hang around with them. Unfortunately, they came in at the last minute and left right after their performance. It was a great performance and they played all the songs that I wanted to hear.

That is really unusual.  They always like to get to a gig early.  Maybe it was travel related and also had to leave for another after the show.

I have gotten drunk with Bob Egan a couple times before he left the band.  He would always come drink with our group after the 2nd Malkin Bowl concerts way back.  They would stay at the coast in English Bay when it was still a hotel.  Same hotel we would always stay at.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

That is really unusual.  They always like to get to a gig early.  Maybe it was travel related and also had to leave for another after the show.

I have gotten drunk with Bob Egan a couple times before he left the band.  He would always come drink with our group after the 2nd Malkin Bowl concerts way back.  They would stay at the coast in English Bay when it was still a hotel.  Same hotel we would always stay at.

They were actually expected to come in early but something must have delayed them. I remember Rick and Linda (festival organizers) talking about it. Honestly, if I hadn't heard that they were going to be late, I would have thought that I missed them because of bad timing, that's all.

Their set was later in the evening so that part wasn't out of the ordinary.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I am listening to this now (to hear lyrics) as I heard it Canada Day outdoor concert in Port Moody today (Maybe be my funeral song)?

Outdoor concerts are Awesome

Saturday night  was Eagle Eyes (close your eyes and like everyone said, it was like at Eagles concert)

Sunday Tom Petty Tribute and Trooper

Today Nearly Neil

Edited by Ballisticsports
  • Like 2