Concerns about this team

9 minutes ago, The Duke said:

That’s the part of the “concerns” posts that I don’t understand.  Like we’re all sitting around a boardroom table listening to this list with the ability to do anything.  We could lose in 4 straight and it’s still an improvement over the past few seasons.  And while I highly doubt that will happen, the core is still young enough that they can learn from it.  Just enjoy the ride.

100%. great post

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, IBatch said:

You can bet that the coaches have worked with the players to make sure De-Smith and Silvos get the help they need.    

my concern is they were kinda already playing that way prior to demko going down.. and the PK is extra concerning.. in the games we won against the good teams in march.. i think we had a stretch of games we were giving up only 1 powerplay opportunity to the other team.. obviously that's not likely to happen where we only give up 1 ppo.. that pk better figure it out soon or we will be in trouble with a broken pp. if we can keep the special team even.. we have a chance.. 

I have high hopes for the team that is assembled. I don't think they are being played to their strengths right now but nobody ever got good at anything without sucking at it first. realistically they won't have a shot in the playoffs if they don't learn how to close out games 2-1 they are taking a crash course right now from tocc and co and we've seen a few crashes. 

I don't think for a second that they've forgotten how to score. The sweet spot will be scoring within a structured system. If they can do that they will go far. I think DeSmith and Silovs have been great in Demkos absence. Some stinkers are to be expected but overall they've held the fort. 

Pete's the big one. Where has he gone? I'm not referring to the offence which has dwindled a bit I'm more referring to the attitude. I've not seen the swaggar I'm acustomed to seeing from him. Not sure if it's focus or confidence but we need him back engaged the way we know he can be. 

"Concerns" This might be as good as we get for a while. OEL penalty and Petes extension I'm not sold that we won't regress a bit for a couple years before we peak again. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1