[Retirement] Silfverberg calling it quits after this season concludes

Great career for him.

I remember the year Anton Rodin, Calle Jarnkrok and Jakub Silfverberg were drafted and formed the dynamic Brynas IF line - I said to myself Silfverberg is the one to have the biggest impact in the NHL. Very much has.

I remember at the start of the year, there was talk that he was thinking of retiring and not coming back to his last year of the contract to go back to Sweden. Makes sense he is calling it on his terms. Always had a soft spot for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Surprising given that he's probably NHL-calibre. He could at least ride it out in the AHL for several more years if nothing else. I'm sure he has his reasons though and that's fine. Hope he has a good retirement.

Was probably a solid 2nd line guy for the Ducks in the mid-late 2010s and had 20+ goals four times.

• Thanks 1

For a few seasons, this guy always scored against us when he was on the Ducks. It was especially annoying that one season I checked his stat, he has like 15 goals but scored 4 goals (1 in each game) against us.

Good for him to bounce back from health issues to be completely healthy for the last couple and then finish his career back home where he and his family will be happier. I wish him and his family the best of luck.