Mark Stone cleared for practice

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Putting Mik would have done the trick but were too honest

Mik is technically not at 100% 

I’m sure both Petey and Lindy were dealing with wrist issues and could’ve used the time to heal. 

by TDL, 80% of the league is dealing with some sort of injury or discomfort. Vegas got away with this BS 3 years in a row.

if next TDL, both Vancouver and Toronto try this stunt, the loophole would be close by the summer and we would both be retroactively punished with fines and forfeited picks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, farinush said:

Mik is technically not at 100% 

I’m sure both Petey and Lindy were dealing with wrist issues and could’ve used the time to heal. 

by TDL, 80% of the league is dealing with some sort of injury or discomfort. Vegas got away with this BS 3 years in a row.

if next TDL, both Vancouver and Toronto try this stunt, the loophole would be close by the summer and we would both be retroactively punished with fines and forfeited picks. 

💯 No doubt about it.

Honestly, I think if the league wants to avoid teams pulling these kinds of shenanigans, (whether this one was legit or not) 2 things need to happen:

1 - Teams are required to be Cap compliant in the playoffs

2 - When you make a trade for a guy at the deadline (or before) 100% of his salary counts against the Cap. Doesn't matter if the 'Yotes or Jackets retain 50%, the entire Cap hit applies, regardless of who is paying the actual salary.

I would treat the playoffs the same way baseball does. You can leave a guy off your playoff roster and his salary doesn't count. However, you can't bring him back until the next round.

My 2 cents....

• Like 1

lol is anyone even mildly surprised? NHL needs to address this LTIR crap in the next CBA - the solution is not hard to figure out in my opinion, just a matter of whether they want to or not. 

I don't care who Vegas end up facing in the first round - I'm cheering for that team even if it means the Oilers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Shenanigans 

I'm skeptical of the LTIR bit too idk how you fake a spleen injury short of upselling it's severity 

'Ow..my spleen hurts.'

'Ok...rest your spleen for 5-6 weeks Mark. How's until April 12th sound'

'Sounds ideal Doc.'

• ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Not sure about the other 6 teams he's talking about, but with respect to the Canucks and the Tucker Poolman situation, this was a massively unintelligent tweet.

Not to mention the upper limit is $83.5m.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1