[Report] The Arizona Coyotes will be moving to Utah

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If they do go back to Arizona I don't think it'll be sooner than later 

The natural rivalry with Dallas and the state's population and wealth make Houston an appealing landing spot 

Atlanta's the same, large untapped market, big TV market 

If they go back to Atlanta you know the NHL will do their best to make sure they're competitive off the hop 

I'd love to see Quebec get one but it's hard to see with Bettman at the helm 

I wonder how much longer he will be... guy is 71, no spring chicken that's for sure. 

• Cheers 1

This is a good thing for the NHL, I like that they're putting a team in a place where there's actual snow and winter. Get them out of the desert, holy crap, whose dumb idea was that? Even selling tickets for $20 with a free popcorn and drink included couldn't get those snowbirds out to the games. They're too tired from playing golf all day. They'd rather sit at home with their AC and a cheap beer - which could explain the large viewing audience in Arizona.

Yeti vs Avalance could be good viewing one day, I could imagine a future rivalry, being neighbours and all

Thank the hockey Gods this desert dog sorry excuse for an nhl franchise is cooked. There’s already too many sad franchises in the southern US, who have very few real fans. SLC is way better than Ari “f*cking” Zona for hockey. Iqaluit is a better hockey market. 

so i'm guessing the NHL is planning on expanding again within the next 5 years? since the provision in the sale is if they get an arena within 5 years in arizona they will give him an expansion team again.

23 hours ago, 112 said:

This is exciting for the league, but I feel for Coyotes fans.

. . . and both of them are really pissed.

39 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so i'm guessing the NHL is planning on expanding again within the next 5 years? since the provision in the sale is if they get an arena within 5 years in arizona they will give him an expansion team again.

Yea that was odd. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Wish I could fuck around at a job this much and come out ahead like this lousy piece of trash

may I suggest getting your MBA?

I kid. The billionaires club do what they want, fair, right, equitable, etc. has sweet FA to do with it. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

may I suggest getting your MBA?

I kid. The billionaires club do what they want, fair, right, equitable, etc. has sweet FA to do with it. 

Yeaaaah, that's billionaires alright 

58 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wish I could fuck around at a job this much and come out ahead like this lousy piece of trash

Are they seriously keeping that douche canoe kn the board of governors?!!!

5 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Are they seriously keeping that douche canoe kn the board of governors?!!!

Guess we'll see, but it may be part of the negotiated sale 

I think the NHL is likely just paying him to fuck off, they couldn't allow the Coyotes to continue as they have 

If someone can put an actual NHL arena in Arizona that'd be different but that's likely not a reality sooner than later 

They likely want hockey in Arizona again down the road but I'm not convinced they'd want to give him another chance at being an owner 

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Guess we'll see, but it may be part of the negotiated sale 

I think the NHL is likely just paying him to fuck off, they couldn't allow the Coyotes to continue as they have 

If someone can put an actual NHL arena in Arizona that'd be different but that's likely not a reality sooner than later 

They likely want hockey in Arizona again down the road but I'm not convinced they'd want to give him another chance at being an owner 

Fair enough. Hope the league tells that deadbeat to go take a flying fuck off a rolling donut once his 5 year window closes. 

• Cheers 1