[Report] The Arizona Coyotes will be moving to Utah

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If they do go back to Arizona I don't think it'll be sooner than later 

The natural rivalry with Dallas and the state's population and wealth make Houston an appealing landing spot 

Atlanta's the same, large untapped market, big TV market 

If they go back to Atlanta you know the NHL will do their best to make sure they're competitive off the hop 

I'd love to see Quebec get one but it's hard to see with Bettman at the helm 

Atlanta failed twice, Im really wondering why they would try a third time, doesn't make sense whatsoever. Hockey is even behind Nascar, college football, let alone the NBA, MLB and of course NFL. The demographics just doesn't work. I can see Houston and Kansas City getting a team before Atlanta. Im not sure if you've guys ever been to Houston, its a pretty good sports town. Its very Seattle esque where the fans are pretty in tune with all their major teams. They're like the little brother to Dallas and the fans there love to root hard for their underdog and somewhat flying under the radar franchises since Dallas gets all the attention

5 minutes ago, filthy animal said:

Atlanta failed twice, Im really wondering why they would try a third time, doesn't make sense whatsoever.

As I mentioned in the expansion thread, the only rationale that makes sense is if Atlanta and Arizona franchises are for laundering money.  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wild trivia:

Shane Doan, and Josh Doan are the first Father and Son NHL'ers that during their 2nd season the team they are on moved.

The Doan curse?

Welcome to the league Utah Jet Coyotes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

Salt Lake City Lakers.  Makes more sense than a basketball team that plays in downtown LA being called Lakers.

Can't wait to get my SLC Laker season tickets.  

maybe the Salty's?