[Report] The Arizona Coyotes will be moving to Utah

13 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

This guy has to be the biggest deadbeat owner since, if I'm wrong please correct me, but didn't that one guy buy the Islanders with like zero money in the bank.

Joe Spano if I remember correctly. The NHL Board of Governors is unfortunately filled with slimeballs and scumbags though. Don't forget the piece of work Rocky Wirtz was. Also the previous Coyotes owner who had retained a minor stake, Barroway, has been banned indefinitely from the league after being charged with strangling his wife.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

This guy has to be the biggest deadbeat owner since, if I'm wrong please correct me, but didn't that one guy buy the Islanders with like zero money in the bank.

23 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Joe Spano if I remember correctly. The NHL Board of Governors is unfortunately filled with slimeballs and scumbags though. Don't forget the piece of work Rocky Wirtz was. Also the previous Coyotes owner who had retained a minor stake, Barroway, has been banned indefinitely from the league after being charged with strangling his wife.

League has a long history of wack job/criminals as owners.

Nelson Skalbania

"Boots" Del Biaggio III

Bruce McNall

Tom Scallen

off the top of my memory

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, Gurn said:

League has a long history of wack job/criminals as owners.

Nelson Skalbania

"Boots" Del Biaggio III

Bruce McNall

Tom Scallen

off the top of my memory

Sketchy crew there.

• ThereItIs 1

I'm starting to wonder how many "Billionaires" are just running money fraud, basically because they pay their bills, banks and other Financial Institutions are ok with it.

Yet if you or I try pulling that off, we're in jail.

• Cheers 3

27 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm starting to wonder how many "Billionaires" are just running money fraud, basically because they pay their bills, banks and other Financial Institutions are ok with it.

You don't become a billionaire without stepping on people, using and manipulating people, and by acting as if laws don't apply to you 

I don't know how anyone becomes a billionaire without being some sort of sociopath, short of generational wealth

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Eat the rich

• Cheers 3

20 hours ago, Coconuts said:

You don't become a billionaire without stepping on people, using and manipulating people, and by acting as if laws don't apply to you 

I don't know how anyone becomes a billionaire without being some sort of sociopath, short of generational wealth

Yup, no billionaire exists without some form of exploitation 

• Cheers 1

I think this is a really great solution, move the team to Utah and give the current ownership group an open option to get an expansion team, probably at a pre-negotiated rate, if they get a building done.

I believe that hockey can work in Arizona, but they have got to be in a location that actually works. As nice as the building was a few years ago, it was in the middle of nowhere and not easy to get to. For it to grow, they need to be accessible.

On 4/13/2024 at 3:57 AM, Coconuts said:

Yep, so much history for the Yotes in Mullet Arena