GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

• -dlc- featured and pinned this topic
5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

To all the people whining about Vancouver losing to the Coyotes. Arizona is ahead of Edmonton 2-1, at the end of the 2nd Period.

You mean Utah. 

Assuming the Oil come back tonight (which probably will as I have lost track how many 3rd period comebacks this year) - should be a happy playoff atmosphere tomorrow.

Only question is who is starting in net - I don't think Demmer should just because its the first game back - think I would lean towards DeSmith just because he is number 2 in the rotation until he loses that spot to Silov - as a veteran, hopefully he can focus at the task at hand.  I also wonder if RT will also dress a full team or continue with some player rotation.

To me Nashville (Trotz is GM) and the Kings should be pretty similar in style and D tactics and would be tough either way.  The Canucks are 3-0 against the Preds which should also mean that Preds will probably be ready.  They haven't played Nashville in a while like the Oilers so hard to judge at this point as personnel has also changed a bit.

As long as there is still lots left in the tank, I think the Canucks will make it a bit interesting this post season. 

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

• Cheers 2

Should be a good one. I expect both teams will be going full throttle, with playoff atmosphere. Despite playing Friday, Oilers will be pumped to try to finally beat us. With Demko likely back, and Lindholm looking strong last game, this will be a very big test m.

And with Kane and Perry out there, I’m hoping no cheap shots and injuries to our boys. Let’s dump those losers one more time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1