GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

56 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Ive got both reactions ready and typed up in Word for easy copy and paste

Coiler fans preemptively getting excuses for the loss ready following @Conscience instant copy/paste strategy

89ae0c5f6c7025c70d70066814d09d0f.gif

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Not hindsight for a few of us.

are you an insider, at practices or talking to players? because if not, you're just guessing like the rest of us. 

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

Also not the biggest mistake ever, either.

Just another x mark, and eventually, as with all management teams, the x marks will grow to a firing. Tis how it goes.

tis true. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

are you an insider, at practices or talking to players? because if not, you're just guessing like the rest of us. 

tis true. 

nope, I was one of a number of people that were in favour of trading Kuze prior to last years deadline- so no hindsight here.

7 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I don't understand all the negativity around here today. I really don't. 

I think there's a certain amount that has to come out every year, regardless of how good things are. Some sort of law. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Gurn said:

nope, I was one of a number of people that were in favour of trading Kuze prior to last years deadline- so no hindsight here.

sure but for what reason? high value alone? 

I just think the brain trust thought it was worth the risk of him having to improve, given the instant chemistry with Petey. Was a good bet imo, even if it ultimately didn't work out.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Breadnbutta said:

Lmao kuzmenko can't hold Brocks hairspray. 

Bb6 has excellent chemistry with Miller and is excellent around the boards and is actually a better passer than shooter believe it or not. He's also much better positionally so speed is less of a factor and has much better hockey IQ than Kuz.

Kuz is as one dimensional as they come, thats why he was never drafted and came to the league at 26.

You're delusional go cheer for calgary.

Has Kuzmenko ever fought for a puck that didn't give him a 80% chance of scoring?

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You should rephrase that.  "He was given every opportunity to succeed here - UNDER TOCKETS ONE SIZE FITS ALL SYSTEM".   Kuz was/is a free wheeling offensive machine that obviously could not meet Tock-it's 2-way expecations of being defensive as well as offensive but that did not warrant throwing away a 40 goal scorer that was key on our PP and line with EP40 just because of that.   

We have at least 4-5 other players that can't or won't play defensive hockey in our end and they are stlll around.    BB6 is the first guy that comes to mind and why does he get to stay and Kuz go?   All Brock can do is shoot.  He's slow, can't pass, stickhandle, backcheck and can't drive into the offensive zone like Kuz could but simply skates upto the offensive blue line and dumps the puck in 100% of the time and peels off because he's afraid to get rubbed out along the boards.   Seems there is a double standard!

Yeah I stopped reading at boeser can’t  play defence .

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

really? great! 

Mixed feelings. Was hoping he wouldn't play cause he's so friggin dangerous, but also wanted to see his talent live, and to see him smoked by Zad or Dak.

46 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't like the fact that Demko is still out, and Toc is sick, and Yeo is the Head Coach.

Please dump Yeo in the offseason, and hire a coach that knows how to coach special teams.

Tocc is in charge of the PP tho lol.  Yeo does do the PK though.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

But he clap hockey stick on the ice nicely.

And he has

Looking Good Get Ready GIF by Originals

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

So totally racist

Hmmm, I think they should have a diversity hire don't you? 

Do you know his hockey background at all? Just curious, I had never heard of him before he got this gig. I try very hard not to be racist but it seems like a partial diversity hire, and there is nothing wrong with that imo.

Now, race besides, is he any good at hockey announcing? Hmmm, I don't particularly think so, but he tries hard I guess. Seems to get way over-excited about the Oilers though which is unprofessional on a national broadcast.

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

You pointed out his race calling him a diversity hire.

So which one is it buddy?  Did HNIC hire him just because of his race or not?  Which one is it?

What do you think ... I think it likely had something to do with it if we're being honest?

• ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Tocc is in charge of the PP tho lol.  Yeo does do the PK though.  

I understand Tocc is in charge of the PP. But bringing in someone to help on both I think would be ideal.

Then Tocc can just worry about the the day to day and game to game strategies.