GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And he has

Looking Good Get Ready GIF by Originals

Hmmm, I think they should have a diversity hire don't you? 

Do you know his hockey background at all? Just curious, I had never heard of him before he got this gig. I try very hard not to be racist but it seems like a partial diversity hire, and there is nothing wrong with that imo.

Now, race besides, is he any good at hockey announcing? Hmmm, I don't particularly think so, but he tries hard I guess. Seems to get way over-excited about the Oilers though which is unprofessional on a national broadcast.

What do you think ... I think it likely had something to do with it if we're being honest?

Dude made a career from one call. Bonnnionnioooooooo.

He took that to the bank.

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

And he has

Looking Good Get Ready GIF by Originals

Hmmm, I think they should have a diversity hire don't you? 

Do you know his hockey background at all? Just curious, I had never heard of him before he got this gig. I try very hard not to be racist but it seems like a partial diversity hire, and there is nothing wrong with that imo.

Now, race besides, is he any good at hockey announcing? Hmmm, I don't particularly think so, but he tries hard I guess. Seems to get way over-excited about the Oilers though which is unprofessional on a national broadcast.

What do you think ... I think it likely had something to do with it if we're being honest?

He has been in sports broadcasting his whole fucking life.  He was doing calls for HNIC in Punjabi since 2009, and has been doing English calls for over eight years now.  Fifteen years of play-by-play.

Anyone who tries to bring up his race or diversity in negative way really just needs to shut the fuck up.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

@Conscience still mocking people, I see.  I asked you one question and you couldn't answer it.  I asked you what type of defensive scheme Rick Tocchet uses, no response.  Don't bother responding until you can come up with an answer.

Making fun of other parents for coaching kids while having zero hockey knowledge himself.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Conscience said:

Yes seems coaching was finally able to convince him that hes not bobby orr. 

Yup, this is the basic truth.

Tyler, you're not mobile from a standstill, do not leave the front of the net unless you're 180% sure you can both get the puck, and clear it out. You have no other jobs, we don't need you to wrap around the net, fly up ice, dangle 3 players, fire it wide, and create a 3-1 the other way.

Please read this to yourself like a mantra all game long.

Just now, Bob Long said:

I just don't think he's very good, and he clearly loves Edmonton. I don't dislike him on a Ron MacLean level tho.

Yeah I don't like Singh.  I think it's ironic every time he has to do a Flames-Canucks game.  It would be like Shorty having to do Battle of Alberta/Ontario.

On the other hand, anyone who tries to call him a diversity hire or think he is doing broadcasts just because he's brown... is a racist piece of shit.

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The guy is a puck sucking bustaroo bonsai. He’s crappy in any language. Worst there is, was, and ever will be. 

I don't care if he sucks or not.  Do you think it's okay for people here to shit on him just because he's brown?

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Yeah I don't like Singh.  I think it's ironic every time he has to do a Flames-Canucks game.  It would be like Shorty having to do Battle of Alberta/Ontario.

On the other hand, anyone who tries to call him a diversity hire or think he is doing broadcasts just because he's brown... is a racist piece of shit.

The reality is, there's very few like Shorty or Ray. 

Singh is better I guess than some US coverage I've seen. 

22 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nice, I'm thinking of taking a little trip. Would you recommend it, expensive?

Yes, I would recommend this area of Mexico

We are staying at Marival Emotions and price depends on the type of accommodation.

Service and food are great.

Check it out.

Mods, sorry for offtop.

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I understand Tocc is in charge of the PP. But bringing in someone to help on both I think would be ideal.

Then Tocc can just worry about the the day to day and game to game strategies.

Could help.  They seem to need a LH bumper spot option too.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The reality is, there's very few like Shorty or Ray. 

Singh is better I guess than some US coverage I've seen. 

Thats true. Theres some in the US where they are barely doing play by play and have no idea what a save or goal is 

• ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

No they don't.

Maybe they changed it now but around 2 years ago they definitely were.

Even had to answer a survey for the city while applying indicating if i was indigenous, poc, or gay some other things too

18 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I don't care if he sucks or not.  Do you think it's okay for people here to shit on him just because he's brown?

Hockey should be a meritocracy. If my mother-in-law was the best at announcing then she should have the job. And she’s both brown and furry.

7D1BD25B-38E0-4D3A-AE85-EED22EDBF277.gif.26ca9912e05416040a8e756ff2c324d1.gif

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hockey should be a meritocracy. If my mother-in-law was the best at announcing then she should have the job. And she’s both brown and furry.

7D1BD25B-38E0-4D3A-AE85-EED22EDBF277.gif.26ca9912e05416040a8e756ff2c324d1.gif

Not if she’s an illegal alien.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Maybe they changed it now but around 2 years ago they definitely were.

Even had to answer a survey for the city while applying indicating if i was indigenous, poc, or gay some other things too

Must have been a certain posting then.  My son has been with them almost 6 years and looks at different  postings all the time.  I just

texted and asked him and he has never seen one.

And it's illegal to ask if someone is gay.