GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

59 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

We seem to have more trouble playing against LA, because their style is so boring and restrictive. On the other hand, Nashville has been on fire so they seem like the tougher team to play. That being said, we are 3-0 against Nashville and 1-2 against LA. 

BUT we have to play at PRE All Star game levels to win against either team. Playing POST All Star game level we won't win anything. Time to get our game together - especially our Speciality teams!

Nashville has cooled off a bit lately so I would prefer them over a stifling and boring LA brand of hockey. Yes, we do have to get back to our pre-all star play to have any success.

• Wiener 1

34 minutes ago, DelPiLeo said:

Expect at least 10 PP and a couple of 5 on 3 against us tonight.

The tide has turned; we are now going to be in control and the prissy, entitled McWhiners are going to lose their shit and take a massive dump of penalties.

Refs don't like that diving, complaining, prima-donna crap.

Refs like Us!  Pro hockey players playing the game the right way, and tough.

I know what refs like

I know what refs like

Refs like Us!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Nashville has cooled off a bit lately so I would prefer them over a stifling and boring LA brand of hockey. Yes, we do have to get back to our pre-all star play to have any success.

The main reason I don't want us to play LA is that I didn't wait nearly a decade to watch a boring low event style of hockey for the playoffs.  

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

I would also prefer Nashville over LA because the style of hockey would suck to watch!

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Of course it was an option-they chose not to do it, but it was an option.

Can you tell us why they would do that given his play and the team’s position at that time?

I am seriously interested to know your view in detail.

43 minutes ago, DelPiLeo said:

Expect at least 10 PP and a couple of 5 on 3 against us tonight.

Ref's this morning practicing their calls against the Canucks

giphy.gif   tumblr_inline_p7jqfuMG4W1qb7qql_500.gifv

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That could be the understatement of the year!    So far I don't think any  "Normal" Canuck fans out there  even come close to thinking we got fair value for Lind-🏠 in exchange for our 1st Round Draft Pick, a 3rd or 4th Round Draft pick, Two Defensive prospect (one of them very promising), a 40 Goal scorer from last year (that everyone loved - and got more goals last night with the flames that Lind-🏠has all year with us) and our reputation. All of which we threw away for a guy that looks like a 3rd/4th Liner and why Tock-it dumped him down there.   

There's no doubt he'll be gone with Mik, Cole, Aman and a few others next year and "chalked up" as a bad trade.    Even if he somehow suddenly "lights it up' in the playoffs, I doubt they'll pay a guy $5,000,000.00 for a 3rd/4th line faceoff guy next year that is only at 50% (according to official stats and not rose coloured glass wearing  fans that think he is the second coming of christ).

I would have said keep Cole, because he was playing solidly, but for awhile he's not been doing well in pressure situations. Let's see how he handles the playoff pressure. Mik has played better the past few games, but he needs to get some goals. Aman hasn't really given me any impression this year. He's not a negative, but he hasn't stood out either.

4 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I would have said keep Cole, because he was playing solidly, but for awhile he's not been doing well in pressure situations. Let's see how he handles the playoff pressure. Mik has played better the past few games, but he needs to get some goals. Aman hasn't really given me any impression this year. He's not a negative, but he hasn't stood out either.

I guess this is where we see what "playoff experience" does.

46 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't expect a win tonight, too much league benefit to it not happening. But it would be funny.

TBH I'm finding a hard time caring. We've got home ice round 1, by far the most important round to have it. We know its either LA or Nashville, each option has its +'s and -'s. 

Biggest factor imo for round 1 is our execution. I don't think it really matters which option we get, on paper we're better than both, and its up to our guys to bring it every shift.

I think players would love to get that divisional banner 

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

That's a bit harsh.  Kuzy developed a wonderful locker room reputation here and in Calgary.  He just doesn't have the right skillset for a fast-paced forechecking team like ours.  He waived a NTC to go from a first place team to a rebuilding team.  He's a team player - just not the right fit.

Well said.

Everyone loves Kuzy but sometimes being a likeable guy isn’t enough. I’m glad this team can make those kinds of necessary decisions to build a team with an identity. It’s about coaches and players being aligned in a style of play.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I guess this is where we see what "playoff experience" does.

116-game playoff  games and two Stanley Cup wins is HUGE! He could provide a lot of help on calming the team, considering that Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes, and Brock Boeser only have 17 playoff games between them.