GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

47 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The definition of one dimensional. 23 goal scorer and a massive whole defensively. This guy is little better Rob Schremp, or Anthony Duclair. Here's a list of the goal scorers at and around him. Here is a list of goal scorers in his range. He is by far the most useless player besides the goals.

image.thumb.png.fe16e29a7456de6e98698f8ee875c440.png

Worst +/- besides Bjorkstrand, and Giroux. The guy just plays to score goals. Has zero concept of winning hockey in the NHL.

The +/- stat is not that effective in determining a players' defensive game, unless you take

into account, his role on the team, offensive performance, as well as his team's skill level. 

If you play on a bottom tier team, you are more likely to end up with a minus; on a top

level team, you will likely have a plus.  Anthony Duclair's stats are a good example; when he

plays on the Panthers or Lightning, he's a plus, but with Sharks, he's a minus 12.

A perfect example of how this stat requires more examination before pronouncing

it as a valid tool in analyzing a player's defensive abilities is last year's Canucks.

Millers stats:  81-32-50-82 (-7)

Kuze's stats:  81-39-35-74 (+9)

Nobody thinks that Kuze is a better defensive player than JT.  He just happened to

be playing on the only line that all 3 players had a plus stat, driven by EP's brilliant

defensive moves.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Horrible take on Brock. 🤦‍♂️

I know it's hard to swallow - but follow his every move on the ice tonight and then call me a liar. 

He is - what he is! A fantastic shooter!  No more - No less!

• Wiener 3

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I know it's hard to swallow - but follow his every move on the ice tonight and then call me a liar. 

If I had the time and inclination I could put together a montage of Brock's defensive plays, saving games, etc. ... in case you were off grabbing a smoothie during those times ... but I am pretty sure someone here already has done so arguing with another Oilers' fan thus will leave it to them to post.

image.gif.37109eac84c04ad84d5b71aeb33c93af.gif

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Sure in hindsight. I don't believe anyone thought Kuzy was incapable of improving defensively tho. 

Not hindsight for a few of us.

Also not the biggest mistake ever, either.

Just another x mark, and eventually, as with all management teams, the x marks will grow to a firing. Tis how it goes.

29 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Can you tell us why they would do that given his play and the team’s position at that time?

I am seriously interested to know your view in detail.

Kuze would likely have returned prospects and/or picks. That return, of low pay players would really have helped during the max OEL hit.

Instead, they traded low cost players/picks to get rid of him.

As I've said, not the bigggest mistake, but it does go on the list.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well apparently Brock does enough in Tocchet system to justify him staying.  That being said, it’s hard to score goals in the NHL.  I would have preferred keeping Kuz and trading Mik instead.  Pay a bit more in draft picks to make it happen.

• Cheers 2

Sunshine Break!

Get out and Git Sum!

Gorgeous Day outside, and so nice to be in BC.

(And not in boring, flat, Deadmonton...)

Later Internet Warrior Canuck Fans!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

79e9d0e6fc0a300aa9bd2386ddcb1530.gif

Bruce There It Is Speak Translation:  "Darn Ya!"

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

They formerly could have hunted us down even if the Nux run the table, now they rely on us losing to pass us.

No, they don't rely on us losing to ANYONE ELSE... only to them. We could win every other game but today's and still end up second. So, by definition, they control their destiny because if they win all of their games, there's nothing we can do to stay ahead of them

2 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

No, they don't rely on us losing to ANYONE ELSE... only to them. We could win every other game but today's and still end up second. So, by definition, they control their destiny because if they win all of their games, there's nothing we can do to stay ahead of them

I think at this point you're arguing against yourself.

Both teams control their own destiny. No point in saying more than that.

• ThereItIs 3

1 minute ago, PeteyBoeser said:

McDavid playing tonight? He’ll get his 100th assist against us…. Just like it was made to be

Apparently not according to some twitter feeds.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Salty af in here already!

Lol

Welcome to Saturday, and Sunday, and Monday and........................

although it may be busier here, on the weekends?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Salty af in here already!

Lol

Stress brings out the worst in people.

On one hand tonight's game is a huge one and people are stressed about the outcome. 

On the other hand, tonight's game means absolutely nothing.

Doesnt change canucks making the playoffs. Doesn't change their position in the standings. Doesn't change home ice advantage.

At this point people need to relax and realize the outcome doesn't mean anything..... unless we win... then fuck all the Loser Oilers fans! We're winning the cup!

• Cheers 2