GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

53 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

You should rephrase that.  "He was given every opportunity to succeed here - UNDER TOCKETS ONE SIZE FITS ALL SYSTEM".   Kuz was/is a free wheeling offensive machine that obviously could not meet Tock-it's 2-way expecations of being defensive as well as offensive but that did not warrant throwing away a 40 goal scorer that was key on our PP and line with EP40 just because of that.   

We have at least 4-5 other players that can't or won't play defensive hockey in our end and they are stlll around.    BB6 is the first guy that comes to mind and why does he get to stay and Kuz go?   All Brock can do is shoot.  He's slow, can't pass, stickhandle, backcheck and can't drive into the offensive zone like Kuz could but simply skates upto the offensive blue line and dumps the puck in 100% of the time and peels off because he's afraid to get rubbed out along the boards.   Seems there is a double standard!

Again with BB6. We get it Eddie you hate him. And again you really don't watch the games we get it

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

this is going to be a game where I listen to 650 with the tv on mute. I can't handle any more Singhgasms if McDavid scores. 

Lucky you!

I have gig to attend at the Rickshaw that goes from 7 til past midnight so am having to watch on PVR delay so will be forced to take what we're given by HNIC

Sure hope the on ice action makes up for that torment

Cheer n' coach hard everybody!!

Go Canucks GO!!!

• Cheers 1

We are about to see the real Canucks team tonight, the same product that were #1 in the NHL for 80% of the season is about to be displayed.

Insiders claim as do many fans that Canucks were asked to hold back their energy for the playoffs and conserve their power but tonight I believe they will be allowed to go full charge again as per my feeling.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

their last game at Mullet is Vs Oilers.  

Yotes aren't push overs.   Don't assume Oils will win that game, just like last night, they didn't win it at home vs a non play off team.  

this is going to be a game where I listen to 650 with the tv on mute. I can't handle any more Singhgasms if McDavid scores. 

Fuck, i hate this bs.

maybe he can get some food poisoning, a small amount and shorty has to play ebug announcer

• Haha 1

I'm glad Yamamoto doesn't play for them anymore. He would turn into a yodeler when he would score lol

Worst announcer in the league and he's on hnic as a diversity hire.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I think at this point you're arguing against yourself.

Both teams control their own destiny. No point in saying more than that.

Fully agree... was only responding to previous posters apparent confusion around that suggesting that Oilers don't control their own destiny while they clearly do. As do we

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

The +/- stat is not that effective in determining a players' defensive game, unless you take

into account, his role on the team, offensive performance, as well as his team's skill level. 

If you play on a bottom tier team, you are more likely to end up with a minus; on a top

level team, you will likely have a plus.  Anthony Duclair's stats are a good example; when he

plays on the Panthers or Lightning, he's a plus, but with Sharks, he's a minus 12.

A perfect example of how this stat requires more examination before pronouncing

it as a valid tool in analyzing a player's defensive abilities is last year's Canucks.

Millers stats:  81-32-50-82 (-7)

Kuze's stats:  81-39-35-74 (+9)

Nobody thinks that Kuze is a better defensive player than JT.  He just happened to

be playing on the only line that all 3 players had a plus stat, driven by EP's brilliant

defensive moves.

Yes, this is all true. I should have just said I haven't seen a player less committed to playing the right way defensively since ... I don't know Robbie Schremp, or maybe never, at least Schremp could skate. In my mind it's a fair reflection of how he plays and I have measured those criteria you mentioned. Never seen a player stop after the blueline so many times and make blindly optimistic passes across the blueline to the other team and then just sit there like a lump while they skate on breakaways and 2 on 1's the other way.

I would take any other player over Kuz on that list in a heartbeat. He just literally couldn't care any less about the defensive side of the game. It's like it simply doesn't exist for him and it's someone else's responsibility. It is very hard to win with players like that playing any significant minutes.

We could use a couple more goals but not at the expense of destroying the team concepts and strategies at the same time.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, this is all true. I should have just said I haven't seen a player less committed to playing the right way defensively since ... I don't know Robbie Schremp, or maybe never, at least Schremp could skate. In my mind it's a fair reflection of how he plays and I have measured those criteria you mentioned. Never seen a player stop after the blueline so many times and make blindly optimistic passes across the blueline to the other team and then just sit there like a lump while they skate on breakaways and 2 on 1's the other way.

I would take any other player over Kuz on that list in a heartbeat. He just literally couldn't care any less about the defensive side of the game. It's like it simply doesn't exist for him and it's someone else's responsibility. It is very hard to win with players like that playing any significant minutes.

We could use a couple more goals but not at the expense of destroying the team concepts and strategies at the same time.

But he clap hockey stick on the ice nicely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Breadnbutta said:

So much kuzmenko bs. Oh he was such a likeable guy.

This team for 54 years has put likeable guys on a pedestal, kuzmenko, the sedins, linden, boudreau etc.

So much bs about what it takes to be a canuck, involvement with the community etc etc.

While all that is nice and admirable it doesn't mean fuck all for wins.

I love our cutthroat management. Do whatever it takes to win. Fire the likeable coach, trade the likeable guy, be harsh and brazen in the media.

Do whatever it takes. To. Win. A. Cup.

Preach it! We were never getting anywhere with a bunch of nice guys. They had the good sense and fortitude to not give in to the emotional hysteria. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Fuck, i hate this bs.

maybe he can get some food poisoning, a small amount and shorty has to play ebug announcer

You think you can stop East Indian with small food poisoning??????

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Juulsen isn’t in he’s an extra.

Still hope Juulson gets a game before playoffs. The fact that Tocchet is still moving forward combos is all about playoff prep. I really like the coaching playoff experience. The Canucks will be as prepared as is possible IMHO. 

For tonight's game I will not be surprised to see Demko in net. If he is feeling good I suspect he goes in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Well said.

Everyone loves Kuzy but sometimes being a likeable guy isn’t enough. I’m glad this team can make those kinds of necessary decisions to build a team with an identity. It’s about coaches and players being aligned in a style of play.

I liked him at first but after a while, I just found him to be a jerk that didn't take the game seriously enough. Having said that, still waiting to see if Lindholm is worth anything!