GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

26 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I'd rather have Juulsen over Myers. Why do you think the Canucks prefer Myers over Juulsen?

I like Juulson a lot. Been blowing his horn since November. That said Meyers will be the 2RD come playoffs. His game has rounded out under Tocchet. What I am curious about is how much Tocchet will activate both Meyers and Zad in the ozone? Is the Canuck structure strong enough to let them dangle to a degree. They have been doing more recently and they can be pretty intimidating. I am watching this over the final games. 

46 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

You think you can stop East Indian with small food poisoning??????

He's been in Canada longer, might have softened up. I know he's a sikh so if he's vegetarian it might be hard.

He seems like a nice enough guy, it sucks that he's had racism, but I just find his play by play dull, he messes up names a lot considering he's been calling games since at least 2016 and he loved the lubed up men as they were his team growing up which is fine for their home stream but absolute bs when he's "national" and replacing a way better play by play guy in shorty.

F the racist takes, there are plenty of crap commentators out there but he's one of them.

Edited by OldFaithfulcap
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Lame.

Now the headlines will be the “McDavid-less” Oilers.

Forget the fact that we’re the Demko-less Canucks.

True.

I watched the game of Oil vs Arizona. They were lucky to get a point out of it. Arizona didn't get nearly as many chances but their high danger chances were probably higher than Edmonton's and much more threatening overall. Pickard actually bailed the hell out of the Oilers that game. Arizona would have put up 5 or 6 against an average goalie that game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Kuze would likely have returned prospects and/or picks. That return, of low pay players would really have helped during the max OEL hit.

Instead, they traded low cost players/picks to get rid of him.

As I've said, not the bigggest mistake, but it does go on the list.

Thanks but you just repeated what you said before.
Given the timing and the Canucks standing at last deadline, Tocchet being hired Jan 22,  just 1 1/2 months before the deadline and Kuzmenko having a knockout first season - why specifically would they want to trade him? How would it make sense? Can you answer that without the hindsight knowledge you have now?

Kuzmenko was re-signed on Jan. 26 4 days after Tocchet was even officially hired, so no time for Toc to evaluate him, for those who question why the Canucks re-signed him….

• Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

True.

I watched the game of Oil vs Arizona. They were lucky to get a point out of it. Arizona didn't get nearly as many chances but their high danger chances were probably higher than Edmonton's and much more threatening overall. Pickard actually bailed the hell out of the Oilers that game. Arizona would have put up 5 or 6 against an average goalie that game.

I give the Oilers the edge on offense but Vancouver defense and goal tending are Vancouver edge. Oilers have nothing close to Hughes and the Canuck forwards are capable of more than what we have seen lately. 

Canucks 4 - 2 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

No McDavid (I feel confident)

Sitting Demko (I don't feel confident)

Both teams making sure their Ace is healthy for the playoffs. 

PHX beat Oils last night.  It was Pickard not Skinner.  But still.  

15 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

it's interesting, you know ... if you were to float the idea of hughes hitting 100 pts this year with 91 pts and 3 games remaining, you'd probably get eye rolls because of how unlikely it is. 

but when you think about it, is quinn hughes putting up 3 points on any given night really that unlikely?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

How do you get an annual rate on Sportsnet? Maybe subscribing to a different model

I was gonna chime in once I read all 10 current pages but will do it now instead...

If you wanna use my cell to call Shaw, you'll find them in my contacts under SHAW SUCKS. I changed it to that about 14 years ago as I just got fed up with so many aspects of their shitty service. Was with Rogers before them and they were no better.

Been with Telus ever since leaving Shaw and never been happier (SN Baseball>Hockey coverage notwithstanding).

I pay just under $207/month but that includes home security system, massive bandwidth internet and more tv channels than any healthy grown adult should really ever need

I downloaded the sportsnet app and subscribed. It is pretty easy.

It isn't the best service sometimes the sound lags and it gets blurry but I get every single NHL game.

Cable completely gone so it works.

Edited by chris12345

3 minutes ago, tas said:

it's interesting, you know ... if you were to float the idea of hughes hitting 100 pts this year with 91 pts and 3 games remaining, you'd probably get eye rolls because of how unlikely it is. 

but when you think about it, is quinn hughes putting up 3 points on any given night really that unlikely?

It's mostly his speed and unbelieable skating / That and he's on every powerplay. So talented..

• Cheers 1