GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

55 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

The networks have plenty of crappy announcers. No need to jump to racist BS just because of the individual's ethnicity. FFS

Hardly racist. Just the truth.

Why on earth would he be chosen for national prime time over guys like Shorty?

It's not cause of his play by play ability lol..

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

57 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I like Juulson a lot. Been blowing his horn since November. That said Meyers will be the 2RD come playoffs. His game has rounded out under Tocchet. What I am curious about is how much Tocchet will activate both Meyers and Zad in the ozone? Is the Canuck structure strong enough to let them dangle to a degree. They have been doing more recently and they can be pretty intimidating. I am watching this over the final games. 

Zadorov is much better being offensive compared to Myers. Myers can be more assertive in the Ozone, but he's doing better this year not getting too deep and then struggling to come back to the Dzone.

1 hour ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Vancouver Canucks' goal scoring before the All-Star break are:

1. The Canucks had scored 62 first-period goals before the All-Star break, which led the NHL.
  2. The Canucks had scored 65 goals in the second period, which was the second-most in the NHL behind only the Colorado Avalanche.
  3. The Canucks had given up only 80 goals at 5-on-5 before the All-Star break, which was the 4th fewest in the NHL.
  4. The Canucks had won 17 out of their 33 games (51%) when they were outshot by their opponent before the All-Star break.

Vancouver Canucks' goal scoring since the All-Star break are:

1. The Canucks have ranked 25th in the NHL in goals scored since the All-Star break.
  2. The Canucks have also ranked 25th in the NHL in goals-per-game since the All-Star break.
  3. The Canucks' power play has struggled since the All-Star break, with the team giving up more shorthanded goals at a higher rate.
  4. In their last 20 games, the Canucks have a record of 11-6-3, indicating they have continued to pick up points despite their offensive struggles.

Canucks had a 29-0-1 record when leading after two periods before the All-Star break.

Correlation doe snot equal causation. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. The all-star game itself sucked the life out of the team. 5 of our guys went away and segregated themselves from the team and when they came back the team was disjointed in it's approach. 

This happens every single year without fail across the league. Some handle it well and some don't. For all the hotshots out screwing around and playing in that farce of a game the rest of the team is stuck at home .... I don't believe they are allowed to practice during this break either. So during that time all the players on a 5 day break sit at home re-evaluating their season and their goals. As a result the complexion of the league changes dramatically at that point. It's like a mid-season break and everyone gets dialed in, or in some cases, like ours, loses a bit of that team unity.

If you think this is a result of trading Kuzmenko and his 8 goals. .04% OF 186 ... you are sorely mistaken imo. It is a far deeper and complex issue. None of your numbers relate to Kuzmenko.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Zadorov is much better being offensive compared to Myers. Myers can be more assertive in the Ozone, but he's doing better this year not getting too deep and then struggling to come back to the Dzone.

Yes seems coaching was finally able to convince him that hes not bobby orr. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't like the fact that Demko is still out, and Toc is sick, and Yeo is the Head Coach.

Please dump Yeo in the offseason, and hire a coach that knows how to coach special teams.

I was surprised that Yeo was kept after he was part of the Boudrea staff. I didn't think he was good then, and he's worked himself out of a job IMO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

The networks have plenty of crappy announcers. No need to jump to racist BS just because of the individual's ethnicity. FFS

It's not racist. It's likely the truth. Singh is a dog shit announcer. That's my personal opinion and has absolutely zero to with ethnicity. Cassie Campbell as also terrible and it's not because she's a woman. She was hired purely because of her hockey pedigree, not based on her talents.

Singh was hired because he was probably a good Punjabi announcer, I don't know because I don't speak Punjabi, but he was moved over to English HNIC because of diversity, not because he is good. Everyone knows he isn't good.

Sometimes the truth can hurt.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

this is going to be a game where I listen to 650 with the tv on mute. I can't handle any more Singhgasms if McDavid scores. 

I'd like to hear them once, McWhine get crushed against the boards...

After tonights game you'll be able to get a " Crushed McD" at McDonalds...

Edited by spook007

48 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Correlation doe snot equal causation. I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again. The all-star game itself sucked the life out of the team. 5 of our guys went away and segregated themselves from the team and when they came back the team was disjointed in it's approach. 

This happens every single year without fail across the league. Some handle it well and some don't. For all the hotshots out screwing around and playing in that farce of a game the rest of the team is stuck at home .... I don't believe they are allowed to practice during this break either. So during that time all the players on a 5 day break sit at home re-evaluating their season and their goals. As a result the complexion of the league changes dramatically at that point. It's like a mid-season break and everyone gets dialed in, or in some cases, like ours, loses a bit of that team unity.

If you think this is a result of trading Kuzmenko and his 8 goals. .04% OF 186 ... you are sorely mistaken imo. It is a far deeper and complex issue. None of your numbers relate to Kuzmenko.

I've never said or thought that Kuzmenko was the cause of the change to a .500 team. I've shared multiple times that it's a bunch of factors - 5 going to All star game, Special teams decline, Joshua injury, line shifting, etc.

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I am so sick of Suter in the top 6. He does not belong there whatsoever. Is the depth of this team really that bad? At least try someone with upside. Podkolzin is a playoff type player, let him try!

5 on 5 

that line has killed it when together 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I don't like the fact that Demko is still out, and Toc is sick, and Yeo is the Head Coach.

Please dump Yeo in the offseason, and hire a coach that knows how to coach special teams.

He helps Tocchet a ton and there's plenty of evidence that Yeo helps players as well. The season indicates things are going very well.

Agree on Demko though, thought they'd get him in for tonight. The sooner he sees real action, the better.

• Like 1
  • chaos 1

50 minutes ago, tas said:

it's interesting, you know ... if you were to float the idea of hughes hitting 100 pts this year with 91 pts and 3 games remaining, you'd probably get eye rolls because of how unlikely it is. 

but when you think about it, is quinn hughes putting up 3 points on any given night really that unlikely?

20 points ahead of Fox at number six.   It's not just his offense, this kids rounded out his game better than most people thought possible.    He's a legit superstar, in the same realm as Bure was really.   A tier above regular star players. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1