GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

17 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

No they don't.

My son was applying at BCLS maybe 7 or 8 years ago and the posting clearly stated preference would be given to indigenous, minorities and handicapped, the application even asked if you were handicapped and your race. Needless to say he never even got called back.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

My son was applying at BCLS maybe 7 or 8 years ago and the posting clearly stated preference would be given to indigenous, minorities and handicapped, the application even asked if you were handicapped and your race. Needless to say he never even got called back.

I am talking Federal Government.  BCLS can't get enough  people to work there now as they are only giving casual and part time hours.

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just don't think he's very good, and he clearly loves Edmonton. I don't dislike him on a Ron MacLean level tho.

He was born in Alberta, based in Calgary now, and was recommended by Hrudy.  Nuff said.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harnarayan_Singh

I don't care who is doing the broadcast.  How Nux play dictates my enjoyment of the game >99%.  Play by play, color, intermission hosta, are all just superficial or secondary to the show.  Easy to tune out or ignore if I don't like it.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Must have been a certain posting then.  My son has been with them almost 6 years and looks at different  postings all the time.  I just

texted and asked him and he has never seen one.

And it's illegal to ask if someone is gay.

Thats what I thought too, I'm not in Vancouver but just opened my city account (not on the job posting itself anymore) and 2nd page of job application after resume upload does ask you to check off the following if you apply: Although prefer not to self identify is also an option. 

Racially Visible People

Women

Indigenous/Aboriginal People

Persons with Disabilities

LGBTQ+ Community

With this as their reasoning. Not saying its wrong or right but it does exist.

Our Employment Equity Policy enables us to increase representation within the following groups:

Edited by Conscience
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

So for anyone interested in spelling it out for me, what’s the Canucks potential playoff opponent picture look like?  

Which round? 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

sure but for what reason? high value alone? 

I just think the brain trust thought it was worth the risk of him having to improve, given the instant chemistry with Petey. Was a good bet imo, even if it ultimately didn't work out.

High value, and an unsustainable shooting percentage.

Not particularly fast, not very physical;  and more expensive, after re-signing, than a high pick/prospect on an entry level contract.

No cap?  no problem, keep the guy.

Again- he's not that big a mistake, as a resigning and then eventual trade, but he is/was 1 in my opinion.

After a few more years those mistakes add up, and end up getting management teams fired.

Look no further than Benning- guy drafted a guy that is likely to be the best forward the team has ever had - Petey.

guy drafted the  no doubt, best d man- and arguably the best player this team has ever had.--Quinn

possibly the best goalie the team has ever had-especially if Demko can find a way to stay healthy

drafted a damn fine winger in Brock

traded for J.T. Miller

Had many good things,

but the bad points are what sticks out, and eventually gets him- and every management team fired.

5 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

So for anyone interested in spelling it out for me, what’s the Canucks potential playoff opponent picture look like?  

Well to put it in your language, its very loosey goosey still

• Haha 3

Color is for jerseys, period. Where we are come playoffs, we're in who cares!

Our team needs to get in sync. Coaches are not exempt.

Our expectations as fans seem higher than what is shown. 

Let's all get together and support the team. 

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Winnipeg seriously catching some fire here. Luckily we wont have to worry about them. Praying for Nashville as I will be there for part of round 1!

Imagine fans on here if we were down 7-0 to our first round opponent right before playoffs. 🥴

• ThereItIs 3

6 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Thats what I thought too, I'm not in Vancouver but just opened my city account (not on the job posting itself anymore) and 2nd page of job application after resume upload does ask you to check off the following if you apply: Although prefer not to self identify is also an option. 

Racially Visible People

Women

Indigenous/Aboriginal People

Persons with Disabilities

LGBTQ+ Community

With this as their reasoning. Not saying its wrong but it does exist.

Our Employment Equity Policy enables us to increase representation within the following groups:

How come furry footed old drunk bastard Melmacian isn’t on the list!!!

36 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I don't care if he sucks or not.  Do you think it's okay for people here to shit on him just because he's brown?

I don’t care what colour or type of person it is. I just want the best available option to call the game. But the the people in charge know it’s about getting more eyes on the game. And it doesn’t take a genius to know they don’t need to sell the game to most Canadians. I don’t think it’s racist to think Singh may have gotten more “yes” votes because of his nationality. More of a business decision imo. This happens in a lot of professions. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

He was born in Alberta, based in Calgary now, and was recommended by Hrudy.  Nuff said.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harnarayan_Sin

Yea that doesn't help 

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I don't care who is doing the broadcast.  How Nux play dictates my enjoyment of the game >99%.  Play by play, color, intermission hosta, are all just superficial or secondary to the show.  Easy to tune out or ignore if I don't like it.  

I do, the AB homerism for our home games is annoying 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine fans on here if we were down 7-0 to our first round opponent right before playoffs. 🥴

In all seriousness I'm not that worried, we haven't beat the avs either but things can change. Avs haven't beaten the jets all season too.

6 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I 'claimed ' minority group on every job app I ever filled out.

In truth every single person is a visible minority- it just depends how you group people.

51% of the Canadian pop is female- so every guy is already a visible minority

But don't worry ladies, even if you are a bigger group than the guys, you can still be minorities because you could be a lady of any  colour, and thus be out numbered by men and ladies not of you colour.

To balance out my 'minority status' on job apps I also filled out every Canada census by stating Canadian, and crossing out all that  Scottish, Chinese, Indian, Norwegian, Canadian stuff.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I don’t care what colour or type of person it is. I just want the best available option to call the game. But the the people in charge know it’s about getting more eyes on the game. And it doesn’t take a genius to know they don’t need to sell the game to most Canadians. I don’t think it’s racist to think Singh may have gotten more “yes” votes because of his nationality. More of a business decision imo. This happens in a lot of professions. 

Singh is Canadian, isn’t he? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I don’t think it’s racist to think Singh may have gotten more “yes” votes because of his nationality.

I might be wrong, but isn't Singh a Canadian?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1