GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

2 hours ago, Vollmilch90 said:

I am so sick of Suter in the top 6. He does not belong there whatsoever. Is the depth of this team really that bad? At least try someone with upside. Podkolzin is a playoff type player, let him try!

Yeah its just that they are top of the league playing together in Goals% and xGoals%................I'm not sick of it yet...

image.thumb.png.76a21a47aa907116de2601130015bf10.png

image.thumb.png.def7687760feedd19b99426b8fe00f52.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

I 'claimed ' minority group on every job app I ever filled out.

In truth every single person is a visible minority- it just depends how you group people.

51% of the Canadian pop is female- so every guy is already a visible minority

But don't worry ladies, even if you are a bigger group than the guys, you can still be minorities because you could be a lady of any  colour, and thus be out numbered by men and ladies not of you colour.

To balance out my 'minority status' on job apps I also filled out every Canada census by stating Canadian, and crossing out all that  Scottish, Chinese, Indian, Norwegian, Canadian stuff.

It's all relative.  You are a minority in one country and a majority in another.  I have lived in 3 countries and so I see these things as superficial, although not unimportant.  But it never stopped me from getting the job I wanted.  My ego is big enough that I think I can beat anyone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

2 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I've never said or thought that Kuzmenko was the cause of the change to a .500 team. I've shared multiple times that it's a bunch of factors - 5 going to All star game, Special teams decline, Joshua injury, line shifting, etc.

My bad. 

Funny thing is I don't care either way. It hasn't worked out great yet. Yeah Kuz can score goals, he's not a team player or a complete player in my books. He's not moving the needle in any direction and only signed for one more year. He's a blah player who doesn't contribute to winning.

Cheers!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Can we kick Alberta from Canada??

What are you talking about? it's the national hockey league, you're all american when you're playing. Your captain is american, your top scorer is american, your goalie is american. Your coach is american*. Your zamboni is american**. Pffft

*his hair was canadian

**zambonis run free in all lands

(just joking)

Edited by OldFaithfulcap

24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Lol - never heard of it, but just made a pitcher.  Gin was in the fridge, and grapefruit on the tree outside.   mmmmmmmmmmm 

Fantastic!!!! ... Let us know how you like it. When I make mine, now and then, I add a thin slice or two of Jalapeno to add a touch of spice to the glass.

Nice to have citrus trees in the yard, fruit trees of any kind actually. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I was surprised that Yeo was kept after he was part of the Boudrea staff. I didn't think he was good then, and he's worked himself out of a job IMO.

It's an affinity thing - he goes to the same hairdresser as Alvin and Tocchet 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Fantastic!!!! ... Let us know how you like it. When I make mine, now and then, I add a thin slice or two of Jalapeno to add a touch of spice to the glass.

Nice to have citrus trees in the yard, fruit trees of any kind actually. 

It's a pink grapefruit tree (there is a white one a couple of condos down) .. recipe didn't specify... would that make a difference?

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I give the Oilers the edge on offense but Vancouver defense and goal tending are Vancouver edge. Oilers have nothing close to Hughes and the Canuck forwards are capable of more than what we have seen lately. 

Canucks 4 - 2 

Ideally I want Nashville, then Oilers, then Jets and then the Rangers/Boston in a perfect world. 

All of those teams are capable of beating us but I also feel we have a chance against them if both teams are at the tops of their games. And I also want Rangers/Boston for redemption.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

He has been in sports broadcasting his whole fucking life.  He was doing calls for HNIC in Punjabi since 2009, and has been doing English calls for over eight years now.  Fifteen years of play-by-play.

Anyone who tries to bring up his race or diversity in negative way really just needs to shut the fuck up.

Holy triggered. You lose your point completely when you start swearing at people for simply asking a question they don't know the answer to. I don't think diversity hires are negative myself. It's good to have inclusion from everybody in this world.

Call it what you want. I couldn't care less. He's a mediocre announcer but I think it benefits the country to have a more diverse culture.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Pre-dinner glass of wine with the wife ... what is for dinner, thank you for asking ... an excellent dry rub marinated pork back ribs (very meaty ones) and slow cocked

This Beringer wine is excellent if anyone is looking for a good drop to try. 

image.thumb.png.fe06bc0d02a3694dbdc0f86e8405221d.png

Glad you've recovered and ready for the playoff push like demko

• chaos 1

11 minutes ago, Googlie said:

It's a pink grapefruit tree (there is a white one a couple of condos down) .. recipe didn't specify... would that make a difference?

Don't know, I never tried it with pink grapefruit, nor freshly squeezed grapefruit. I have always used the white grapefruit and always the best quality 100% I could find. Be curious how you enjoy with the pink variety. I think they will be fantastic with either.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Edited by Rocket-68

2 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

1) More likely than not, we'll finish first in the Pacific and face off against Nashville (WC1)

2) If Vegas wins their game in hand on Nashville and gain 2 points over the Preds over the last two games of the season, then they'll face the division champions as WC1. 

3) In terms of Edmonton, the magic number is 5 for us to win the Division and face off against WC1. We need the combination of points that Edmonton misses, and points we gain, to be 5 to clinch the division. Basically Oilers have to win out and we go 2-1-0 over the next 3 for them to get ahead of us.

• Thanks 1