GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

48 minutes ago, Sergiomomesso said:

I don’t care what colour or type of person it is. I just want the best available option to call the game. But the the people in charge know it’s about getting more eyes on the game. And it doesn’t take a genius to know they don’t need to sell the game to most Canadians. I don’t think it’s racist to think Singh may have gotten more “yes” votes because of his nationality. More of a business decision imo. This happens in a lot of professions. 

Not racist, but assuming singh isn't Canadian

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

You pointed out his race calling him a diversity hire.

So which one is it buddy?  Did HNIC hire him just because of his race or not?  Which one is it?

That's not racism... I never insulted anyone. 

It's just the truth as I see it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Don't know, I never tried it with pink grapefruit, nor freshly squeezed grapefruit. I have always used the white grapefruit and always the best quality 100% I could find. Be curious how you enjoy with the pink variety. I think they will be fantastic with either.

GO CANUCKS GO!

Huge hit with me and my 2 Masters watching buddies.

Matching with tortilla chips and a hot salsa dip (hot in spice as well as heat)

• ThereItIs 1

Bringing Singh's race into it is weak.  Sportsnet also had no issue employing Dave Randorf, Ron MacLean, Mark Lee, PJ Stock, ect.  They simply don't care how much their broadcast team disgraces the country with their lack of professionalism.  Singh was hired simply because they encourage repeated misconduct on the air.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My cable's been off/on for a few days now. If Shawgers screws up my hockey I'm heading straight over to Telus. Had enough.

I pay $170/month for service and it's mainly for...hockey. 

Punch McDavid in the face JT. Do us all a favour.

Dude that's ridiculous! I pay $60/month for internet through Rogers and just bought Sportsnet+ one time for $200. You're getting robbed! I'd threaten to leave if they can't match.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

That's not racism... I never insulted anyone. 

It's just the truth as I see it

Breadnbutta - Singh was only hired because he doesn’t look like me 

Also Breadnbutta - I’m not racist, I speak truth 

Question, do you know anything about the man other than how he looks or sounds to be able to discredit his schooling, credentials, or experience? I mean obviously you should, because you seem to know for a fact that a bunch of people got together and said “we’re racist, let’s be less racist by hiring this guy.”

• Cheers 2

20 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My cable's been off/on for a few days now. If Shawgers screws up my hockey I'm heading straight over to Telus. Had enough.

I pay $170/month for service and it's mainly for...hockey. 

Punch McDavid in the face JT. Do us all a favour.

I thought you went through service interruptions about this time last year and had it sorted out. 

I dumped Shaw years ago for Telus and have never looked back. I find Telus will let you negotiate , particularly if you are a long time customer. I’ve had their phone service for 45 years and they recognize that when determining my rates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Breadnbutta - Singh was only hired because he doesn’t look like me 

Also Breadnbutta - I’m not racist, I speak truth 

Question, do you know anything about the man other than how he looks or sounds to be able to discredit his schooling, credentials, or experience? I mean obviously you should, because you seem to know for a fact that a bunch of people got together and said “we’re racist, let’s be less racist by hiring this guy.”

He used to be on hockey night in Punjabi and he was great there.

Bonino bonino bonino. 

But there are better options...

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Holy triggered. You lose your point completely when you start swearing at people for simply asking a question they don't know the answer to. I don't think diversity hires are negative myself. It's good to have inclusion from everybody in this world.

Call it what you want. I couldn't care less. He's a mediocre announcer but I think it benefits the country to have a more diverse culture.

I don't care about winning or losing arguments with a whole bunch of white guys about what is and what isn't racism.  You yourself might not be a white dude but I can assure you the vast majority of folks here are.

Don't kid yourself if you don't think everyone here is completely shitting on Harnaryan Singh.  Some loser brought up his race to try and smear him as a diversity hire.  You and I both know we are not talking about his ethnicity like it's a good thing.

There is nothing different between what's transpiring here and this clip:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Pre-dinner glass of wine with the wife ... what is for dinner, thank you for asking ... an excellent dry rub marinated pork back ribs (very meaty ones) and slow cocked

This Beringer wine is excellent if anyone is looking for a good drop to try. 

image.thumb.png.fe06bc0d02a3694dbdc0f86e8405221d.png

Wait who is getting slow cocked? 

• Haha 2

To get us back on track:

So will mik

a)not score again this regular season or playoffs?

b)not score in the regular season again but get one in the postseason?

c)not score in the regular season again but somehow score 4 in a playoff round?

d)no brock hair, don't care

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Huge hit with me and my 2 Masters watching buddies.

Matching with tortilla chips and a hot salsa dip (hot in spice as well as heat)

Glad you liked it, I will have to try a batch with Pink Grapefruit one day ...

GO CANUCKS GO!

11 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

To get us back on track:

So will mik

a)not score again this regular season or playoffs?

b)not score in the regular season again but get one in the postseason?

c)not score in the regular season again but somehow score 4 in a playoff round?

d)no brock hair, don't care

Mik gonna score tonight he's the Russian Dundee of hockey 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Conscience said:

Thats what I thought too, I'm not in Vancouver but just opened my city account (not on the job posting itself anymore) and 2nd page of job application after resume upload does ask you to check off the following if you apply: Although prefer not to self identify is also an option. 

Racially Visible People

Women

Indigenous/Aboriginal People

Persons with Disabilities

LGBTQ+ Community

With this as their reasoning. Not saying its wrong or right but it does exist.

Our Employment Equity Policy enables us to increase representation within the following groups:

I could be a gay Indigenous person for a good raise, already indigenous. 

7 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

That is total nonsense. And does not compare to what I said at all.

In your opinion! Of course it doesn't compare, you used made up player stats as examples I used actuals. I think real life examples of actual players and actual stats are far superior to hypothetical players with stats you pulied out of .....the air. Your argument is without merit 😝