GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

In your opinion! Of course it doesn't compare, you used made up player stats as examples I used actuals. I think real life examples of actual players and actual stats are far superior to hypothetical players with stats you pulied out of .....the air. Your argument is without merit 😝

Fair enough.

cheers

Game of the season obviously for many reasons. Demko in net and we win 3-1, without him we lose 4-3 in OT.

Oilers at the end of a b2b but lost embarassingly to Arizona as did we so both teams will come out with fire but Edmonton know this is their last chance to snag the division. We have to play with urgency. They're going to come out so hard.

5 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes, this is all true. I should have just said I haven't seen a player less committed to playing the right way defensively since ... I don't know Robbie Schremp, or maybe never, at least Schremp could skate. In my mind it's a fair reflection of how he plays and I have measured those criteria you mentioned. Never seen a player stop after the blueline so many times and make blindly optimistic passes across the blueline to the other team and then just sit there like a lump while they skate on breakaways and 2 on 1's the other way.

I would take any other player over Kuz on that list in a heartbeat. He just literally couldn't care any less about the defensive side of the game. It's like it simply doesn't exist for him and it's someone else's responsibility. It is very hard to win with players like that playing any significant minutes.

We could use a couple more goals but not at the expense of destroying the team concepts and strategies at the same time.

Kuzy is just one of so many KHL graduates that were never expected to develop any kind of defensive

game.  He's one of the better at offence, which keeps his minus stat higher than what it deserves,

but in the end, he can't play the NHL brand of hockey.  At 28yrs, he will not likely change his game.

It's too bad, though.  Really enjoyed his personality and how he added some levity to a rather serious

group of guys.  I hope he manages to stay in the NHL for a long while.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The problem was moreso his lack of fore-checking. Or just not attacking players with enough urgency in all zones. 

Combined with the fact he cann't really drive a line, and the offense wasn't there.

Just wasn't a fit for us & that became evident. Good for him succeeding in Calgary but I'd rather have 5.5M free next year.

He is a real mystery to me. Have seen Calgary highlights where he stripped defensemen of the puck in the O-Zone and scored or nearly did. Why didn't we se that here??? Confidence shot from to many games in the press box??? A head scrather for sure. Oh well spilled milk...

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

@Joshua.Guy has also previously posted about how much he hates the way Singh pronounces Kadri (read: Gawdry), while ignoring the very obvious fact that this is probably the correct way to pronounce it. Racism is racism. Seeing people try change goalposts to the legitimacy of DEI initiatives is comically sad. 

Don't pull the race card for the sake of pulling the race card, Singh is awful and a blatant Oilers homer. Anyone with half a brain can see that. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

no, desmith in per acting coach yeo (tocchet was sick)

Man, I sure hope some illness doesn’t run through the team at this point. Hopefully it’s just something Rick ate or a non contagious issue. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Sounds like a lot of the Canuck's team since the All Star break. I think he just was appreciated more in Calgary. Why did / has Ilya Mikheyev get a pass and rarely is criticized while Kuzmenko was regular criticized or benched. Benching Kuzzy wasn't the way to go with a player like him.

You are saying the Canucks have been one dimensional and can’t play defence since the all star break? Really? What team are you watching….

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Don't pull the race card for the sake of pulling the race card, Singh is awful and a blatant Oilers homer. Anyone with half a brain can see that. 

What are you going on about? I didn’t pull the race card - someone else said something racist and I was providing corroborating evidence of similar discussions posed by the poster. I don’t like Singh either, but I’ll take him over that fella in Boston or some other announcers even. And that’s because of

his broadcasting abilities - not

because I don’t think he deserves to be there in favour of some other person who some posters here are assuming would be more competent. 

2 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

What are you going on about? I didn’t pull the race card - someone else said something racist and I was providing corroborating evidence of similar discussions posed by the poster. I don’t like Singh either, but I’ll take him over that fella in Boston or some other announcers even. And that’s because of

his broadcasting abilities - not

because I don’t think he deserves to be there in favour of some other person who some posters here are assuming would be more competent. 

Jack Edwards in Boston suffers with a handicap. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Man, I sure hope some illness doesn’t run through the team at this point. Hopefully it’s just something Rick ate or a non contagious issue. 

Crow?

6 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

You are saying the Canucks have been one dimensional and can’t play defence since the all star break? Really? What team are you watching….

I was refering to this comment "he can score when the pressures off and expectations are low". The Canucks have faced more pressure and had lower expectations and the team scoring has gone down dramatically - one of the key reasons that the Canucks went from a .673 team to a .500 team. Has nothing to do with being one dimension - it was about the reaction to pressure.

Pink grapefruit is better.

Whoever wants to win the game more tonight, and shows the intensity, will win. GCG!!

Singh has improved a LOT over the years. If he goes up too many octaves, there is always the mute button, and I can concentrate on the game.

For the first time in over four and a half months, I will be able to drink a beer during tonight's game. Heaven

Again, GCG!!

• Haha 1