GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

5 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Jack Edwards in Boston suffers with a handicap. 

I've been quite impressed that the station keeps him on.

didn't like his style before the illness, but he is liked by many, many of the Boston folk.

Makes Boston just a bit more likeable, city, network and hockey team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

I've been quite impressed that the station keeps him on.

didn't like his style before the illness, but he is liked by many, many of the Boston folk.

Makes Boston just a bit more likeable, city, network and hockey team.

There’s talk his illness may recede and his speech patterns improve. 

• Huggy Bear 2

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

I thought you went through service interruptions about this time last year and had it sorted out. 

I dumped Shaw years ago for Telus and have never looked back. I find Telus will let you negotiate , particularly if you are a long time customer. I’ve had their phone service for 45 years and they recognize that when determining my rates. 

I did...and upgraded to Ignite TV and a new modem. I know that the cable running in doesn't get a strong signal but they started work running a new cable in and never finished. I told them when I called if it isn't finished in a month I'm moving to Telus (and I mean it). We have the Telus Optic ready to go here.

I was with Telus for years until they messed up a simple fix and I ditched them. But had them for years without many issues before that.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

What are you going on about? I didn’t pull the race card - someone else said something racist and I was providing corroborating evidence of similar discussions posed by the poster. I don’t like Singh either, but I’ll take him over that fella in Boston or some other announcers even. And that’s because of

his broadcasting abilities - not

because I don’t think he deserves to be there in favour of some other person who some posters here are assuming would be more competent. 

You're calling someone racist because they don't like an ethnic announcer which is bullshit to say the least. He's not a good announcer and just because he's Pakistani that doesn't mean you're racist if you don't like him. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So, just spit-balling here, but we know the LA Kings are rock solid in third in the pacific, they can't advance to 2nd and they can't drop into a WC as those spots are taken up with Central Division teams. 

So the only club we know we can control our destiny and face for sure in round one is the Kings. I wonder if the club wants them over the other two choices, NSH or VGK?

I want to beat the Oilers so bad, I have been counting the minutes to puck drop since I woke up, but it occurred to me just now reading the standings and scores from earlier that IF we lose to Edmonton and they manage to pass us into first, the penalty to that is we know we will face the kings. I want home ice for round 2 though, possibly three, so lets get em early tonight and often, but it isn't the end of the world if they top us. 

I think i have heat stroke...lmao...vegas is in the pacific and I forgot that little nugget. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, -dlc- said:

I did...and upgraded to Ignite TV and a new modem. I know that the cable running in doesn't get a strong signal but they started work running a new cable in and never finished. I told them when I called if it isn't finished in a month I'm moving to Telus (and I mean it). We have the Telus Optic ready to go here.

I was with Telus for years until they messed up a simple fix and I ditched them. But had them for years without many issues before that.

I bet Telus will welcome you back with a primo offer !

Shaw annoyed me with their nonsensical TV  packages and continually bumping the bill with no notice. I’d get a bill and it would be $3

more than previous with no notice.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

So, just spit-balling here, but we know the LA Kings are rock solid in third in the pacific, they can't advance to 2nd and they can't drop into a WC as those spots are taken up with Central Division teams. 

So the only club we know we can control our destiny and face for sure in round one is the Kings. I wonder if the club wants them over the other two choices, NSH or VGK?

I want to beat the Oilers so bad, I have been counting the minutes to puck drop since I woke up, but it occurred to me just now reading the standings and scores from earlier that IF we lose to Edmonton and they manage to pass us into first, the penalty to that is we know we will face the kings. I want home ice for round 2 though, possibly three, so lets get em early tonight and often, but it isn't the end of the world if they top us. 

I think all they can do is take things one period at a time until this regular season is done.

Give it 110% and see where the chips fall.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

I bet Telus will welcome you back with a primo offer !

Shaw annoyed me with their nonsensical TV  packages and continually bumping the bill with no notice. I’d get a bill and it would be $3

more than previous with no notice.

They did that to me too on a bill I was 'locked into' for 2 years, it crept up twice by a dollar or more before i called in and told them it was a locked deal for two years, so since they broke the deal, the lock is off, right? So i am free to move my custom to a new provider like Telus.... they rolled back the 2 increases and gave me 5 bucks off for three months by way of apology. 

Shaw was amazing for almost a decade we had them while the policies were favourable to the customer, now there is none of that, it started to dry up around 2018 and I expect it will be worse now that Rogers bought them. Getting too big is why i fired BELL back east..to big to care bout my business? I will take my business to a company that really appreciates it. 

edit: they hate when you open the conversation with the customer service agents boss with "So, for starters, I have paid SHAW $21,889.00 since I moved back to BC, and your service agent just told me blah blah blah ... " It is simple math: if i am your customer, i am right, if you want me to be wrong, you are telling me not to be your customer anymore. THey are just barely holding onto my business as it is now, but not looking to swap either. I like the connectivity where I am at, and the tv isn't terribly expensive as well. Telecom's though...what a business! I should buy shares i guess. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

You're calling someone racist because they don't like an ethnic announcer which is bullshit to say the least. He's not a good announcer and just because he's Pakistani that doesn't mean you're racist if you don't like him. 

I never said that friend - what are you reading into? I made it clear I was referring to the diversity hire comments. I was also clear I don’t like care for him much as a commentator but for his commentating reasons alone. Are you latching onto something I was saying to someone else because I feel like we’re talking past each other a bit here. 

Have not been this excited for a game for a while, been working afternoons and could only listen on 650 last few weeks. I am flipping pumped! My Babas funeral today was amazing to see how many people she touch and amazing life proud as hell today. Let's go boys 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Couldn't they? The only central team in a wildcard is Nashville, Vegas holds the other one and could leapfrog LA and take the last divisional slot. They both have three games left and LA's only a point ahead of Vegas. 

Unless I've read what you said wrong? 

Most teams have a preference, but it really looks like a pick your poison thing this go round. Nashville's a legitimate threat with good tending, Vegas has Stone on the way and just got Hertl into the lineup, and LA's LA. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

Couldn't they? The only central team in a wildcard is Nashville, Vegas holds the other one and could leapfrog LA and take the last divisional slot. They both have three games left and LA's only a point ahead of Vegas. 

Unless I've read what you said wrong? 

Most teams have a preference, but it really looks like a pick your poison thing this go round. Nashville's a legitimate threat with good tending, Vegas has Stone on the way and just got Hertl into the lineup, and LA's LA. 

yeah, no you are right. WHY did i brainfart and think Vegas was Central? LMAO...thank you, its been a long hot day..Finally got Fortress CHickenburgh built and inpregnable...tomorrow our 8 hens move out of the wifes studio and into their new coop, they are 6 weeks old today. Clearly i was not using my head when i wrote that, haha, thanks. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

They did that to me too on a bill I was 'locked into' for 2 years, it crept up twice by a dollar or more before i called in and told them it was a locked deal for two years, so since they broke the deal, the lock is off, right? So i am free to move my custom to a new provider like Telus.... they rolled back the 2 increases and gave me 5 bucks off for three months by way of apology. 

Shaw was amazing for almost a decade we had them while the policies were favourable to the customer, now there is none of that, it started to dry up around 2018 and I expect it will be worse now that Rogers bought them. Getting too big is why i fired BELL back east..to big to care bout my business? I will take my business to a company that really appreciates it. 

Telus story…a few months ago there was a disruption in Telus internet effecting my computer and tv services.

I spent 35 minutes on the phone waiting to ask customer service if it was just my equipment or a wider problem.

It was a wider problem. Customer service asked how long I was on the phone and when I told him 35 minutes he stepped up with $10 off each month for 3 months. This was without any prompting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

yeah, no you are right. WHY did i brainfart and think Vegas was Central? LMAO...thank you, its been a long hot day..Finally got Fortress CHickenburgh built and inpregnable...tomorrow our 8 hens move out of the wifes studio and into their new coop, they are 6 weeks old today. Clearly i was not using my head when i wrote that, haha, thanks. 

No worries, sounds like you've been very busy though

13 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

LAK are 1 point ahead of VGK.  It's not rock solid that they'll finish 3rd.

Edit: looks like Coconuts beat me to it lol

Edited by HKSR
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

LAK are 1 point ahead of VGK.  It's not rock solid that they'll finish 3rd.

Yeah, i don't know what i was thinking...hahaha...i edited that idiotic post. heat stroke? I will say heat stroke and move on. ; p

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Looking forward to tonight's game - hopefully a competitive game with the us good guyz taking the two points (even in OT) - without McDavid or Demko - hopefully everyone keeps this game civilized as we need to save some energy / competitiveness / bodies for the much harder games coming up in 2 weeks.

I like to see more contributions from our third / fourth lines though and maybe start chipping in a goal here and there.  We need depth scoring and that is one area I am very concerned with - you look at the score sheet each night, it's the same individuals JT / QH / Garland / Brock etc with the points and +/-.   In the proper cycle, the bottom lines should be able to chip in some offense every 4-5 games, to make us a more balanced team.  Almost all the points leader have a balanced scoring attack (even the Oilers are trying to get more balance knowing that shut down teams like LA will solely focus solely on their two offensive stars). 

May also want to avoid special teams game + keep out the box as much as possible.  Good game to test some new defensive strategies / patience / pk in this game with much more at stake coming up in 2 weeks.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 2
  • chaos 1

23 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I think i have heat stroke...lmao...vegas is in the pacific and I forgot that little nugget. 

It happens, i wrote about kuz's +1 despite a hat trick from the calgary game being a great summary of his yin-yang nature before without checking (he scored two on the pp so they didn't count of course and he wasn't on the ice for any ducks goals). 

• Cheers 1