GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

oilers want this game bad. they've worked their whole season towards this revenge game and unfortunately the canucks have put themselves in a position for it to actually mean something. 

boys are going to have to step up tonight. 

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Sounds like a lot of the Canuck's team since the All Star break. I think he just was appreciated more in Calgary. Why did / has Ilya Mikheyev get a pass and rarely is criticized while Kuzmenko was regular criticized or benched. Benching Kuzzy wasn't the way to go with a player like him.

I think the Kuzy/Mik comparision is a valid one. Toc had a problem with Kuzy's happy go lucky attitude and didn't really find ways to work around his weaknesses. Had a blind a blind spot... but still a darn good coach.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Mc1laren said:

This always comes at the expense of another player, coached basketball for 6 years and i can confidently say you dont have a clue what youre talking about, congrats on making that obvious 

everyone was producing prior to the all star game except for maybe Mikhayev. Kuzmenkos deployment’ to increase his market value would have required putting him in a position to succeed in the place of someone that was already succeeding snd helping the team win

Did something big happen around the allstar break that impact  the change?

• Cheers 1

I'm heading off. The Kuzmenko vs Lindholm debate really is just conjecture anyway, because for regular season Lindholm has contributed very little. If he contributes in the playoffs then the argument won't really matter, and if he doesn't (even though he may embrace the system more than Kuzmenko ) then was it better to trade for him.

Only time will tell.

Kuz vs Lindholm? Bottom line is Van is in the post season and the Flames aren't. Kuz was done in Van and has done well in Calgary on a team with little pressure. The decision on this trade will likely be determined on how well Lindholm does in the playoffs. If he does well then likely a Van win on the deal. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Kuz vs Lindholm? Bottom line is Van is in the post season and the Flames aren't. Kuz was done in Van and has done well in Calgary on a team with little pressure. The decision on this trade will likely be determined on how well Lindholm does in the playoffs. If he does well then likely a Van win on the deal. 

When you add in the 1st rounder and the prospects the price was too high. Think this will go down as PA's only real mistake.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

You CAN wait. Not as if the Canucks care about your scenarios ...😋

I would be surprised if McDavid does not play. Home ice is a big deal. Oilers could play McDavid with limited TOI and it would boost his team. If Meyers and Zad come on the ice then McDavid comes off. I would like Juulson to get another game before playoffs. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

When you add in the 1st rounder and the prospects the price was too high. Think this will go down as PA's only real mistake.

Possibly. But if Lindholm secures the C position with stronger offense and a high FO% it makes up for a lot. No doubt the 1st rounder hurts. Canuck prospect depth is pretty decent so what they gave up there might be a wash. 

• Like 1

I agree. Tocchet let his ego get in the way instead of learning how to make the most of Kuzzy. Kuzzy 19 pts in 25 games with Calgary vs Lindholm 9 pts in 23 games for the Canucks.

Just one question..

With all Kuzzys points 

What's his +- with Calgary?

No further questions. I rest my case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

Possibly. But if Lindholm secures the C position with stronger offense and a high FO% it makes up for a lot. No doubt the 1st rounder hurts. Canuck prospect depth is pretty decent so what they gave up there might be a wash. 

Very true. I just don't see him showing anything more then he has, chemistry seems off for some reason

Just now, JayDangles said:

Just one question..

With all Kuzzys points 

What's his +- with Calgary?

No further questions. I rest my case.

What's Lindholms? -7 vs AK -10. but 5 goals vs 13 we could do this forever. It is what it is!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Very true. I just don't see him showing anything more then he has, chemistry seems off for some reason

I'll watch Lindholm with interest tonight. It will be his 2nd game off his injury return. I thought he had a decent game against ARZ. His d-side game deserves some credit and will be important come playoffs. Can Van limit the Oiler ozone chances? I would not be surprised to see Demko. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Assuming the Oil come back tonight (which probably will as I have lost track how many 3rd period comebacks this year) - should be a happy playoff atmosphere tomorrow.

Only question is who is starting in net - I don't think Demmer should just because its the first game back - think I would lean towards DeSmith just because he is number 2 in the rotation until he loses that spot to Silov - as a veteran, hopefully he can focus at the task at hand.  I also wonder if RT will also dress a full team or continue with some player rotation.

To me Nashville (Trotz is GM) and the Kings should be pretty similar in style and D tactics and would be tough either way.  The Canucks are 3-0 against the Preds which should also mean that Preds will probably be ready.  They haven't played Nashville in a while like the Oilers so hard to judge at this point as personnel has also changed a bit.

As long as there is still lots left in the tank, I think the Canucks will make it a bit interesting this post season. 

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

I'm really hoping Juulsen gets back in tonight. Cole has been crap lately

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I hope Kuzmenko and a Lindholm drop the gloves on Tuesday. The winner of the fight would have been the best choice to trade for or keep. Hopefully that puts all this Kuz vs. Lindholm vs. Mikheyev talks to rest. 

On a serious note this will be a tough game. Oilers are probably embarrassed/angry from the blow out games earlier in the season. 

• Haha 1