GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

12 hours ago, -dlc- said:

My cable's been off/on for a few days now. If Shawgers screws up my hockey I'm heading straight over to Telus. Had enough.

I pay $170/month for service and it's mainly for...hockey. 

Punch McDavid in the face JT. Do us all a favour.

How do you pay $170 a month? 

Sportsnet which isn't great is $250 a year. It has every single NHL game.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Kuz vs Lindholm? Bottom line is Van is in the post season and the Flames aren't. Kuz was done in Van and has done well in Calgary on a team with little pressure. The decision on this trade will likely be determined on how well Lindholm does in the playoffs. If he does well then likely a Van win on the deal. 

I agree that Lindholm doing well in the playoffs will make it a win. He will have to really turn around his Canucks experience to make that happen.

I imagine the Oilers are going to be super determined in this game after getting absolutely embarrassed by the Canucks earlier in the season. That said sheer determination can have its downsides, it can cause you to feel immense pressure and if things go wrong at some point like taking a bad penalty or letting in a soft goal you feel the frustration a lot more. The Oilers immense determination can be an advantage for them tonight yes but it could also end up being a disadvantage for them. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Would you rather have a player with 20 goals and a -10, or a player with 10 goals and +10?

I know which one I’m picking….

Hmmm...would you rather have a player with 5 goals and -7 or a player with 13 goals and -10. LOL

• Wiener 1

Honest question..

I'm not advocating for losing any games, and I'm not trying to be cock and insinuate there are any easy opponents in the playoffs, but

What team do people think we have a better chance at beating? 

Nashville or LA. 

Right now we're drawing Nashville who are looking pretty scary. If we drop to the Oilers then it's LA, the most boring group of divers I've ever seen.

Seems like we're up against it pretty tough either way.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Just one question..

With all Kuzzys points 

What's his +- with Calgary?

No further questions. I rest my case.

Kuzzy is -11 but Calgary as a team is 23rd in GA so it's a general team problem. Lindholm is -7 on a team that is 6th in GA. Not sure I'd call that a "rest my case" moment.

Do you know a site that ranks each player on a team based on plus / minus?

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If Kuz is such a bad player, he had to be traded, why did they sign him to 2 x 5.5?

Kuzmenko is not a bad player; he just didn’t  fit the system nor have the trust of the coaching staff. RT likes the ability to not worry about matchups too much, and have 4 lines that will play a 200’ game. Though frustrating for all at the time, Kuz was given the time to adapt. Unfortunately he could not.

Now, you have a player that is under played because the coach doesn’t trust him and is due 5.5m on a cap strapped team that needs room. We NEEDED to move him to move fwd this offseason, and we found someone that was willing to take his cap in a deal for a player that fit our system. Kuz had negative trade value when we moved him. As said above, nobody wants a player that scores 30-40 goals but is still a negative +/-.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • Wiener 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Honest question..

I'm not advocating for losing any games, and I'm not trying to be cock and insinuate there are any easy opponents in the playoffs, but

What team do people think we have a better chance at beating? 

Nashville or LA. 

Right now we're drawing Nashville who are looking pretty scary. If we drop to the Oilers then it's LA, the most boring group of divers I've ever seen.

Seems like we're up against it pretty tough either way.

We seem to have more trouble playing against LA, because their style is so boring and restrictive. On the other hand, Nashville has been on fire so they seem like the tougher team to play. That being said, we are 3-0 against Nashville and 1-2 against LA. 

BUT we have to play at PRE All Star game levels to win against either team. Playing POST All Star game level we won't win anything. Time to get our game together - especially our Speciality teams!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

As said above, nobody wants a player that scores 30-40 goals but is still a negative +/-.

So why did they sign him to a 2 year deal?

either management screwed up, by re-signing him; or the coach screwed up, by not being able to get the most out of him.

And I wonder if either the coach or the management are now a bit disappointed in the other?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I like our chances against anyone but Dallas or Edmonton in the first round. I think we can beat Dallas and Edmonton, don't get me wrong, but it will be much tougher than anyone we will face in the first round. (I know Dallas can't face us in the first round, but glad they aren't a wildcard) I am feeling good today and thinking the Canucks can at the very least make it to round 2.

All the way baby!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Conscience said:

No I clearly mentioned deployment of players and different roles. 

Not saying Kuz didn't have a slow start, sophomore slumps are common, just saying toc definitely didn't help and further reduced his value, to which point Alvin was forced to trade him at all time low value. 

And sorry Im not impressed by users claims of random levels of coaching experience in completely different sports. 

I am not impressed with your hockey knowledge either.  If the best argument you can come up with is "Kuzy had a sophomore slump", this is chess vs. checkers here.  You haven't identified a single offensive/defensive scheme Tocchet has used, and you haven't identified which position Kuzmenko played in any of them.

Since I already mentioned the forecheck and o-zone formations, what is the defensive scheme Tocchet uses in our own zone?  

• Like 1