GDT Saturday April 13, 2024 7:00pm PDT SN, CBC, CITY, TVAS2 AM650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers Rogers Place

Goal_thecup

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I am not impressed with your hockey knowledge either.  If the best argument you can come up with is "Kuzy had a sophomore slump", this is chess vs. checkers here.  You haven't identified a single offensive/defensive scheme Tocchet has used, and you haven't identified which position Kuzmenko played in any of them.

Since I already mentioned the forecheck and o-zone formations, what is the defensive scheme Tocchet uses in our own zone?  

Not impressed with your reading comprehension either.

Do you think toc got the most out of kuz? yes or no

Kuz was sold at an all time low and that cant be denied.

• Haha 1
  • Wiener 2

3 minutes ago, Conscience said:

No, Tocchet did not make the best use of Kuzmenko's skillset. 

What defensive scheme does this team use in our own zone?  It's a simple question and if you're going to insult other people, it should be extremely easy to answer.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The definition of one dimensional. 23 goal scorer and a massive whole defensively. This guy is little better Rob Schremp, or Anthony Duclair. Here's a list of the goal scorers at and around him. Here is a list of goal scorers in his range. He is by far the most useless player besides the goals.

image.thumb.png.fe16e29a7456de6e98698f8ee875c440.png

Worst +/- besides Bjorkstrand, and Giroux. The guy just plays to score goals. Has zero concept of winning hockey in the NHL.

but he's as a good a goal scorer as Benn :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Kuz was sold exactly on time he needed to be sold.Pain would be if we traded some younger players instead of him.Clearing his salary is important too.Steep price?Maybe,but that is another story.

Just now, Strawbone said:

Why are people bickering about Kuzmenko in this GDT? 

Discovery Shut Up GIF by Shark Week

Happy Keep Your Head Up GIF by JCPenney

Go Canucks! Mop the floor with those Oilers. This could be the funnest game of the year!

the season has been so good, we have to reach to bitch. 

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

No system should be so totally rigid as to stiffle creativity

False assumption leads to false conclusion; do you really believe Rick Tocchet has 'stifled' the Canucks creativity?

Tonight is Rick-Tock's Real Coming Out Party; when he stops up The Coil in their own barn, we will see who's shit is jacked up.

Next game we can see how the Calgary's Creative Kuzmenkos hold up against Tocchet's Team System.

Tonight its Crush the Coil!

96abdcdd15aa5e9e9137a218f62adc7f.gif

Mash the McDonna!

giphy.gif

Dunk the Dry Saddle!

PL2Xeah.gif

Kick the Krap outta the Kane!

giphy.gif

And, let Darling Darnella use all his natural talent to yet again make a big fool of himself and Cost the Coil the win, first place, home ice advantage in the playoffs, in short, everything!

hot_girls_fail_a_lot_05.gif

Down Goes Darnella!  Down Goes Darnella!

Ricky Ticky Tocchy for the Adams!

(The Jack Adams Award is awarded annually to the National Hockey League coach "adjudged to have contributed the most to his team's success." 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Conscience said:

No I clearly mentioned deployment of players and different roles. 

Not saying Kuz didn't have a slow start, sophomore slumps are common, just saying toc definitely didn't help and further reduced his value, to which point Alvin was forced to trade him at all time low value. 

And sorry Im not impressed by users claims of random levels of coaching experience in completely different sports. 

They coached team sports, so they can speak to how an individualist can weaken a system. 

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Kuzzy is -11 but Calgary as a team is 23rd in GA so it's a general team problem. Lindholm is -7 on a team that is 6th in GA. Not sure I'd call that a "rest my case" moment.

Do you know a site that ranks each player on a team based on plus / minus?

What is vancouver as a team since the lindholm trade? I would imagine our +- since the All Star has plummeted as a team also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

how was it even on their radar tho? why would they? I guess theoretically you can move anyone anytime, sure. 

Every single player, without a NTC should be an option at or before a trade deadline.

They didn't trade him at peak value, then signed him for 2 years- then traded him at low value.

One of their  few mistakes, so far.

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Every single player, without a NTC should be an option at or before a trade deadline.

They didn't trade him at peak value, then signed him for 2 years- then traded him at low value.

One of their  few mistakes, so far.

Sure in hindsight. I don't believe anyone thought Kuzy was incapable of improving defensively tho. 

• Thanks 1