[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

30 minutes ago, Googlie said:

If we win our last 2, and Dallas loses their one remaining game vs Blues, we win the Conference on the 1st tiebreaker 

But do we wanna face Vegas.

• ThereItIs 1

DeSmith redeemed himself for some of those late season less than stellar performances.

Definitely on his game tonight.

Team is still starting too slowly... they give the opposition to many opportunities in the first 10 minutes.  Same situation tonight.

Overall it was the third and fourth lines were the keys to this win... they played extremely well and kept the momentum on the Canucks side from the midpoint of the 1st.

Didn't like the collapse to the net in the last few minutes of the third... would have liked to see more pushback... but they got the job done.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Could still win the Conference. We hold the tiebreaker against Dallas

Team should be pushing hard to win the final two games.

Home ice throughout the conference is really important.

• Cheers 2

Poor start desmith was great keeping the team in it till they got their legs going. Great to see suter and Laff scoring. I feel like the Canucks stopped playing to win but rather playing to defend the lead as soon as they got their 2nd goal. I personally would like to see the team playing to win and continue pushing till maybe 5-10mins left in the game.. then they can start defending the lead or something.. and my god they need to pick some set lines and stick with it.. there’s like new line combination every game or 2 it seems

Edited by wai_lai416

19 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Poor start desmith was great keeping the team in it till they got their legs going. Great to see suter and Laff scoring. I feel like the Canucks stopped playing to win but rather playing to defend the lead as soon as they got their 2nd goal. I personally would like to see the team playing to win and continue pushing till maybe 5-10mins left in the game.. then they can start defending the lead or something.. and my god they need to pick some set lines and stick with it.. there’s like new line combination every game or 2 it seems

1 goal leads will raise our blood pressure in the playoffs

27 minutes ago, 24K said:

But do we wanna face Vegas.

I don't mind Vegas even if Stone comes back.  One biggest factor for me is that the Canucks need to reduce their travel or hop into different time zone for first two rounds if they want to win the Cup.   Other possibility is that if Vegas meeting the Canucks in conference final, I would prefer that as well by going Nashville route for first round but no guarantees.   It would allow the Canucks to study the Vegas game rather than first two rounds and its tough to make a choice.  Do we want to catch some rust in Stone's game and maybe win the series that way.  Do I see Vegas beating Stars?  I would say yes.  Do I see Vegas beating Avs or the Jets in next round?  Yes, it's possible.   So Vegas would have a tougher road to the conference final via the travel.  Do I see Canucks beating Vegas, yes I do.  If Canucks are being forced to travel to central time zone for two series and still win the cup, I would say no because it's travelling takes lot of energy to be able to face the Eastern conference winner.   I honestly think that wild card shouldn't be a thing but what do I know?  So my answer is Vegas for two thing: Vegas will need their chemistry sort out in short order with Stone being back to a game speed.  Heartl and Stone are in a long layoff and them being able to ramp up the intensity from their injury that quickly is a big ask for them to perform well.  Also, the Canucks D will be able to match Vegas in physical game if required and home ice becomes more important to come out with a 2-0 lead in first round because the Canucks could easily struggle in Vegas if one aspect of their game is a little bit off.    It is a tough choice.  If we know Vegas will reach conference final then I'm taking Nashville for obvious reason, we still have to face a team from central division anyways.

57 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Zadorov was the best defencemen today, in my opinion. He always steps up in big games.

Lindholm had an elite game defensively.

That’s good news… 

The Zad will be The Beast in….

The Playoffs 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

I don't mind Vegas even if Stone comes back.  One biggest factor for me is that the Canucks need to reduce their travel or hop into different time zone for first two rounds if they want to win the Cup.   Other possibility is that if Vegas meeting the Canucks in conference final, I would prefer that as well by going Nashville route for first round but no guarantees.   It would allow the Canucks to study the Vegas game rather than first two rounds and it's tough to make a choice.  Do we want to catch some rust in Stone's game and maybe win the series that way.  Do I see Vegas beating Stars?  I would say yes.  Do I see Vegas beating Avs or the Jets in next round?  Yes, it's possible.   So Vegas would have a tougher road to the conference final via the travel.  Do I see Canucks beating Vegas, yes I do.  If Canucks are being forced to travel to central time zone for two series and still win the cup, I would say no because it's travelling takes lot of energy to be able to face the Eastern conference winner.   I honestly think that wild card shouldn't be a thing but what do I know?  So my answer is Vegas for two thing: Vegas will need their chemistry sort out in short order with Stone being back to a game speed.  Heartl and Stone are in a long layoff and them being able to ramp up the intensity from their injury that quickly is a big ask for them to perform well.  Also, the Canucks D will be able to match Vegas in physical game if required and home ice becomes more important to come out with a 2-0 lead in first round because the Canucks could easily struggle in Vegas if one aspect of their game is a little bit off.    It is a tough choice.  If we know Vegas will reach conference final then I'm taking Nashville for obvious reason, we still have to face a team from central division anyways.

Dallas had the edge in play, not in goaltending, last playoffs.   To me they are the team to beat this playoffs.   Not sure what you mean about the travel, NSH will be further for us, and Vegas won't suffer much at all unless they play WNP.   As for the final, the time difference is harder on Eastern teams.   Easier on Western teams, and both teams need to travel the same distance.    If we make it that far, like our chances a lot, isn't a team in the East that is particularly daunting this year.   Maybe CAR.  

I really thought Edmonton would bring their AAA game and slaughter us tonight based on the fact that we’ve beaten every time we played them  this year and they have so much to prove - chasing our tail all year…

I’m totally surprised we won

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

1 goal leads will raise our blood pressure in the playoffs

even 2 goal leads will raise my blood pressure if they decide to sit back and let the other team come at them which seems to be the trend.. they are kinda playing like LA once they have the lead minus the 1-3-1