[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Kings losing this and Vegas beating the two basement dwellers will ensure Vegas move to 3rd in pacific and Kings going to wc2.

Nashville have tie breaker with LA. Would pretty much lock us in to not face Vegas or LA assuming we don't shit the bed the last two games nor any of LA or Vegas.

Yeah. Need to get 1 pt at least tomorrow to clinch the div.  

Win the last regular season home game.  

Edited by Jaimito

2 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

3-0 Wild

It looks like it’s likely going to be:

Canucks vs. Nashville 

Dallas vs. Kings 

Edmonton vs. Vegas

Jets vs. Avalanche 

5 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Tell them that you like Matthews better 'cause goalz, goalz, goals and he ain't even

'generational' 🤣

So, there I was, quietly minding my own business when another Oilers thread came across my feed singing the praises of McJesus and his 100 assists as being the best player in the game today ... and I innocently mused "Matthews is better, goals, goals, goals" ... apparently @stawns @Canuckfanforlife82 friends and family are a touchy bunch of reprobates. Why I never heard of such language used except after a particularly lively Irish wedding reception - I am sure there were new swears words invented just for this occasion ... does anyone know what "son of a mustard titter" a "dickladle" or a "petyflapper" are, anyone?

Most disturbing is the Oilers / Sharks game isn't even over and the articles are letting loose like a drunken heathen with loose bowels after a particularly spicy bowl of Chicken Tikka Masala.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

So, there I was, quietly minding my own business when another Oilers thread came across my feed singing the praises of McJesus and his 100 assists as being the best player in the game today ... and I innocently mused "Matthews is better, goals, goals, goals" ... apparently @stawns @Canuckfanforlife82 friends and family are a touchy bunch of reprobates. Why I never heard of such language used except after a particularly lively Irish wedding reception - I am sure there were new swears words invented just for this occasion ... does anyone know what "son of a mustard titter" a "dickladle" or a "petyflapper" are, anyone?

Most disturbing is the Oilers / Sharks game isn't even over and the articles are letting loose like a drunken heathen with loose bowels after a particularly spicy bowl of Chicken Tikka Masala.

Pretty sure a "petyflapper" is what we're seeing on the powerplay from #40 these days

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, 24K said:

Kings losing this and Vegas beating the two basement dwellers will ensure Vegas move to 3rd in pacific and Kings going to wc2.

Nashville have tie breaker with LA. Would pretty much lock us in to not face Vegas or LA assuming we don't shit the bed the last two games nor any of LA or Vegas.

Assuming we do our part and win the division.  We NEED to beat CGY IMO... lose against CGY and we are in tough with WPG.  Lose both and there's a really good chance we lose the division.

8 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Explain?

Means we'll meet Preds in round 1 (unless Dallas implodes and we run the table, which would then mean we'd win the Conference and meet LA, likely)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

That Wild win was big for the Canucks, Nashville is now the wildcard #1 team.

A Canucks point and Dallas win is all we need now.

Watch Dallas lose and we win both hahahah

24 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Pulitzer material.:classic_laugh:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Curious-does DAL have to win?

16 minutes ago, 24K said:

Best LA can do is 99 points with the same RW as Nashville. Nashville has more ROW than LA hence LA can't pass Nashville. 

Vegas has way less RW than Nashville so the only way for them to pass Nashville will be to get 100 points but that would mean passing LA putting them into 3rd in pacific.

Hence Nashville will be locked into WC1 with LA losing in regulation. 

I might be wrong

But isn't the first tie breaker head to head record before RW? Because Dallas took 2 / 3 vs us

18 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Cancuks can still finish first in the conference if they catch Dallas

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Watch Dallas lose and we win both hahahah

Vegas has the Hawks and Ducks next. So if this scenario happens, we are playing the Kings in round 1.

5 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Curious-does DAL have to win?

No, they only need one point, my mistake.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

Canucks point and Dallas point

Ya that’s all we need. I just don’t want to play the Kings in round 1, it looks like they are wildcard team #2 since Vegas has a very easy schedule now.

I don’t want a boring round 1 series against the Kings.

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya that’s all we need. I just don’t want to play the Kings in round 1, it looks like they are wildcard team #2 since Vegas has a very easy schedule now.

I don’t want a boring round 1 series against the Kings.

I don't wanna play the Kings either. Vegas Edmonton Dallas Kings Jets Avs can all beat each other up

• Huggy Bear 1

• Jess unpinned and unfeatured this topic
1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Hmmm, a dickladle is using your dick to stir a large soup. Really, I'd take it as a compliment. 😄

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 3