[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

8 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Dallas had the edge in play, not in goaltending, last playoffs.   To me they are the team to beat this playoffs.   Not sure what you mean about the travel, NSH will be further for us, and Vegas won't suffer much at all unless they play WNP.   As for the final, the time difference is harder on Eastern teams.   Easier on Western teams, and both teams need to travel the same distance.    If we make it that far, like our chances a lot, isn't a team in the East that is particularly daunting this year.   Maybe CAR.  

Eastern teams do not even leave their time zone ever for 3 rounds.  Will always be an advantage in the Final even if they travel.  It is matter of how they recover well with some energy while we're depleted out of those energy.

33 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

even 2 goal leads will raise my blood pressure if they decide to sit back and let the other team come at them which seems to be the trend.. they are kinda playing like LA once they have the lead minus the 1-3-1

Especially against teams like the Oilers with so many players that can step it up and get a goal or two really quickly.

• Wiener 2

Good win. I didn't like they played mostly in their own zone in the later part of the 3rd. I'm not sure why they went into such a defensive shell, but think they're better off winning games staying in the Ozone. 

DeSmith was impressive and gave himself a confidence boost for the playoffs.

Overall the 4 lines worked.

I hope we win against Calgary so we don't have to wait until the final game to figure out if we won the Pacific Division. Thinking the last game against Winnipeg will be tough. Not sure they beat Colorado 7-0 today, that's impressive.

Nashville keeps winning. The Canucks better recognize that Nashville is not the same team they beat earlier in the season.

37 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

even 2 goal leads will raise my blood pressure if they decide to sit back and let the other team come at them which seems to be the trend.. they are kinda playing like LA once they have the lead minus the 1-3-1

I didn't like that they just kept dumping it out and not starting offensive plays. I don't think that's a good recipe to win games. Meet Pressure with Pressure doesn't mean go into a defensive shell and toss pucks out of the zone.

4 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Good win. I didn't like they played mostly in their own zone in the later part of the 3rd. I'm not sure why they went into such a defensive shell, but think they're better off winning games staying in the Ozone. 

DeSmith was impressive and gave himself a confidence boost for the playoffs.

Overall the 4 lines worked.

I hope we win against Calgary so we don't have to wait until the final game to figure out if we won the Pacific Division. Thinking the last game against Winnipeg will be tough. Not sure they beat Colorado 7-0 today, that's impressive.

Nashville keeps winning. The Canucks better recognize that Nashville is not the same team they beat earlier in the season.

Nashville have came back to earth lol 34 goals against in their last 10 games leaking goals left and right against playoff teams. They have 1 win 4 loss in their last 5 games against playoff teams giving up 20 goals. Literally coming back to earth against real competition 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

31 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Nashville have came back to earth lol 34 goals against in their last 10 games leaking goals left and right against playoff teams. They have 1 win 4 loss in their last 5 games against playoff teams giving up 20 goals. Literally coming back to earth against real competition 

Seems that all the teams are having ebbs / flows this year - one week the  Avs are hot and now Jets are winning 6 in a row.  As RT says, best to remain an even keel heading into the playoffs. 

A good win tonight - gritty / good fore-checking effort / box outs + goal tending along with some bottom six contributions - at this time of year, no need to entertain for anyone - Play Jacques Lemaire Wild hockey if you need to - just win!

Though they gave up a lot of shots, they did try to box out + keep the play to the outside. With the final couple of games, hope they continue working + refining on the box outs / controlling the D slot area and their PK.

I would also like to see some of their players get a rest within the next 2 games. Hope the players get a well deserved rest tonight.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

While I cheer our boys on to win every game, will cheer for Dallas to get 1 point and then Canucks to win just 1 while resting half the team.

Time for an Abby callup.

I hear ya but wouldn't ya want to win the conference if we could to lock up home ice in the eventuality of a round 3? I know it's a longshot but could make a difference if we got it. Not to mention round 4 if we were to get there against a team high in the standings.

Every point counts and can have an impact, no?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Where are the  EDM cheerleaders, where you guys at?  What was "all but a certainty", just like that changed on a dime.   Just goes to show how hard it is to catch up and dig yourself out of a hole.   Sure glad our team didn't dig ourselves a hole to dig out of, can continue to rest Demko (was a fan of not starting Demko even if he was cleared,  Flames is a good tune up, maybe WNP too).    Watching EDMs coach, obviously he felt resting McDavis and other guys later is more important than winning the division too.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2