[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

did anyone else notice Singh's choice of wardrobe.... his Oiler colours tie standing out as much as his calling out the wrong player's names during play-by-play...

what a -------!

• Wiener 1

I'm ok with Lindholm at $2-3 million. The more he plays here, the better I think he will get. He may never get to 82 points again (But we can hope). But 40-60 points a season is not out of the question. The proof will be the playoffs.

But yes Mik I think that is the piece that has to be moved. Along with one of Cole or Myers.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Trade Mikheyev and we can nearly bring back everyone.

I think it's Myers who goes.  Juulsen has matured as an understudy, and is a better fit to pair with Hughes as and when needed than Myers ever was.   Plus, Zads and Jules is as equally an intimidating duo as Z with Myers

Solid defensive game and Desmith was on his game big time.  Though he's still got stone hands, I thought Mik had a great game last night.  That line was engaged all night.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tas said:

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/nhl/edmonton-oilers/oilers-cant-beat-canucks-yet-but-say-they-will-when-it-matters

a little piece of bulletin board material to keep in our back pockets just in case by some fluke edmonton actually makes it to round two. 

Robert Tychkowski - Edmonton Sun Journalist   

I'm supposed to believe a homer, Edmonton journalist?

lszAB3TzFtRaU.webp

56 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

What a turd statement.

Making excuses for early (in the season) games because they were early on. Like they somehow didn't matter? 

They don't know if anyone remembers those games....well yes, we do. Even if for some reason the Oilers decide to block them out. Maybe that's part of their problem...they don't take this team seriously. They should. 

LOL they say this game was about getting ready for the playoffs. Yes, it certainly was.

They "expect" to win....their superstar diva attitude is driving their bus. Where as, this team knows it'll be tough and is preparing for that.

Those saying we didn't play well at first....the refs were eagle eyed at doling us penalties early on in periods which did give the Oilers some momentum. Too bad they did nothing with it.

Funny that they got away with so many crosschecks and interference that the refs "missed" yet somehow the refs were on it from the puck drop when it worked in their favour. Timing is everything. Yes, the Oilers grabbed some momentum....but they didn't score on the pp so that's on them.

437049497_10160860793365549_889855829846

One thing I noticed yesterday, is that it was always our centres in a offensive or defensive zone draw being thrown out

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Just looking at our cap for this year's ending.  Alvin has work to do if he wants to keep the squad largely intact. There is one guy I'm sure they'd like to trade

but he's not going to be easy to move, solves a fair bit if they could.

Starts with Mik and ends with yev.  If you read between the lines, it is he.

8 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Just looking at our cap for this year's ending.  Alvin has work to do if he wants to keep the squad largely intact. There is one guy I'm sure they'd like to trade

but he's not going to be easy to move, solves a fair bit if they could.

Last name starts with M?

Just now, HKSR said:

Even when the Oilers guy jumped 2 or 3 times in a row.  

I noticed that as well, penalties can alter a game (even not scoring), by changing the momentum, also as well, who takes the draw in a zone can be a advantage if one's centre is always kicked out

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Oh yes, now I remember. He missed that empty netter. It's almost as if Petey's skills have vanished. He used to do some very skilled things with the puck. He can't seem to hang onto it now, can't hit the net. If it's an injury, then he should be resting for the playoffs.   

Miller, Hughes, Boeser, Garland, Joshua, Hronek, Zadorov, all have bigger impacts almost every game than Pettersson. He’s usually the worst player on his own line. He better pick it up in the playoffs. Not sure how he will since physical play is going to ramp up greatly and he can already barely stay on his skates. 

Team and Casey played great.