[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think it was the game before.

Miller is set to play in his 800th game against Winnipeg, the last game.  If he plays both games.

I hope the boys have something for him.  I'm sure they will.

• Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

33 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

One thing I'm hearing is that we're too "this or that". (Confident, getting ahead of ourselves, "cocky"). Not just here....out there.

For me, I know how difficult this is. I've seen playoffs where we came within a game of it all. How it can just be ripped away at any second. What it's taught me is to enjoy the ride. I don't look back on '94 and 2011 as bad memories....they aren't for me. I had a great (bleepin) time and that's what I remember. The feeling. The electricity in the city. The car flags and the honking. People in the streets (like 2010).

Immediately following the loss in '94 they had a fan appreciation event at BC Place...it was wild. It felt like we'd won, and that's ok. We celebrated our team and despite not being awarded the cup, they were champions to us and we had a great time that day. Lemonade.

So whatever happens, it's all out of our control but that doesn't mean we can't be excited. Even celebrate the small victories along the way (like sweeping the Oilers this season...keeping them in check) ...even if we don't get the end result that we'd like, this has been a great year. Sky's the limit is what I've been saying. Right now, it's as much a "who knows" as the teams being penciled in by some. It's ok to feel good about it all rather than dwelling on what might be and a negative spin. 

At exactly this time last year we were officially.....out.

So let's party while we can, shall we?

2011 was a great crack at the Cup. Well there was 82 but we won't chat about that one. We were within a hair of winning it all in 94. Played a better game 7

then the Rangers. They popped one in late in the third and we could not get it back, almost though. 1;32, if I recall.

Years later  (someone), an old guy, got a job being a poster person for Lays potato chips. Use to like them. Now just walking into a grocery store

and seeing them makes me want to puke.

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Sergiomomesso said:

Best win was the third one. Drove McDouche nuts by playing him hard. 

For me it was the first one. Watching McWhiner cry about our e-bug after the game was priceless. Losers are gonna lose.

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I think you can really credit CD with that one.  If he doesn't shut the door on that first oilers pp, it could really have gone south there.  You could see the team change after that first 7 minutes.  

Y, he had it in him.  We saw that in the early part of the season. 

But his game suffered once Demko went down.  He can't handle the load of a starter, but is excellent when he plays once in a while, a trait perfect for a backup.  Management might need to keep him next yr. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We didn’t try to trade Lindy at the TDL. We got him to play the shutdown role (while still putting up points) against other clubs’ top line. He did exactly that last night. Nothing for Dryer Cycle while Lindy got a point. Now healthy we are seeing Lindy dominate his matchups. This allows Tocchet to play Petey and Miller more offensive minutes. 

Yup, Lindy is playing very well since he got back. Very strong addition for the playoffs. I don't really believe they were shopping him either. His name surfaced in a rumor with Boston but I would imagine it was initiated by Boston but didn't gain much traction. I'm glad he's here and he's just getting better at the right time. 

Lindholm or Aman ... the choice is easy and makes us so much stronger through the middle, on the PK, and on face-offs. Also loving Pods strong play. 

• Vintage 3

16 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

DeSmith was solid last night. But we need Demko back for the last 2 games so he can hopefully work off the rust before the 1st game of the playoffs.

Don't rush him back unnecessarily. 

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

It's literally part of our identity now.  Other teams and media identify that we have huge hulking defencemen along with the likely Norris winner this year.  Our defence is gonna be a force to be reckoned with these playoffs.

All of this. We're actually using these final games the right way, looking better, doing the right things to prepare for the playoffs. As evidenced by how good and stable our D has looked. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rip The Mesh said:

There's time to get a look at Lindholm in a different venue, meaning the Playoffs. Like some others too. What to do about Mik, that's tough.

He's a beautiful skater and that's where it seems to end. Toughness he avoids, passing could be much better, No nose for the net and often 

throws the puck into dangerous areas. Other then 3 or 4 games early, I've yet to see a solid performance from puck drop to final whistle.

Even scarier, Tocchet has had all year to work with him. Like I said to someone last night upon taking a look at our Cap situation, we in a wee bit of dog 

poop next year. / If Alvin can move Mik and find a replacement of what he was meant to be, and come to a reasonable price for Zadorov, perfect !!

Mik simply has bad hands.  He had Bad Hands in Torronna and has bad hands here.  He got at least 4 "A-1" opportunities last night and could not finnish.

Skating like "snow-while" is comfy & cute in the Ice Capades not on an NHL team.    

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Guntrix said:

He hasn’t been worth what we gave up for him imo.

People seem to forget we gave up a lot more than Kuzmenko for Lindholm. 

People also seem to forget he was a cap dump at the time and wasn't just an asset to get Lindholm, so of course we were going to have to pay a bit extra. Clearing that extra $5.5 million will be huge for the offseason. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Mr Positivity here ...still rolling around in my optimism...

On to the next...

Bring on the dance!!!

its only been a couple of games, but this is the Lindholm we traded for. 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Guntrix said:

He hasn’t been worth what we gave up for him imo.

People seem to forget we gave up a lot more than Kuzmenko for Lindholm. 

OK... so a legit RH3C, smart player, etc. You think thats worth what? 

12 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Hope the Oil and their fans stop saying we had an easier time in the season.We beat them every time.When we come in first they can just shut their pie holes.

Of course we had an easier time in the season. We got to play the Oilers 4 times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

59 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We can sign ufa's like Dumba and Matt Roy for way less. Pesce even.

No thanks, you're better with the devil you know.  I would like pesce though 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Steamer4GM said:

Hey!

I said it was a goofy post!!

Just having some silly fun with numbers and am now determined to run with it until I can't

Canucks over Flames on Tuesday night 4-0

Bank it!! 🤣

And 4 points for #40