[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

2 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Okay so you're saying if he's good with a 1 mill raise... I think as a right shot, mobile, close to, if not already elite defencmen... He'll want and can get 7 mill for 5 years or 6.5 at 7 no?  

So if Pesce can get say 45.5 over 7 years (6.5 per, taking him to 37 years old) vs Hronek (already proven to fit well with Hughes) 60 over 8 years (7.5 per, taking him to 35.  Which is a more guaranteed smart signing?  

Not so sure... Unless you can get Pesce for 6 or under I think I'd go with Hronek (IF he stays 7.5 or under).

Hronek isn't as physical as I was hoping he'd be. So alternatives at a lesser price with MORE physicality would be an improvement. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Pesce is a ufa after this season no?  He will expect a raise.  He's 29, 30 in November.  Coming off a 6 year deal.  So do you think he could be had for say 6.5 to 7 over 6-8 years? 

6-6.5 maybe, with term

Esp if he can be partnered with Huggy.

Maybe a 2 year contract and renegotiate after 2 seasons collecting mega points with Huggy.

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Really? I find he finishes hits well and seems to take no crap, like a bit of a temper. 

If you watch he stirs things up but can't actually push anyone out of the crease. He's listed 190 but I think he's lighter than that.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If you watch he stirs things up but can't actually push anyone out of the crease. He's listed 190 but I think he's lighter than that.

Ya. He tries, he has edge, but he isn't blessed with big size. Ratner he has sufficient size. I like him, just no stupid number AAV please 

Edited by Rekker
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

When the team is doing well, It would be nice though if you didn't turn this place into a toxic waste pit of arrogance and ignorance. 😉

Follow the thread for the whole story

37 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hronek at 8M is way too much.

This reminds me of this funny commercial and the way he says it. Especially the end. You ... are high ... way to high. 🙊

😂

Edited by Gawdzukes

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I wonder how much Willander's development and when they project him arriving and who they see him play with?  Could that play a factor in the Hronek signing?

Yeah I think we need a placeholder for him, maybe even for Dpetie

Not 7 years of 8M Hronek.

55 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Ya. He tries, he has edge, but he isn't blessed with big size. Sufficient size. I like him, just no stupid number AAV please 

Look at who he's  fought McLeod, Marchand,  Garland. Not really the scariest defenseman back there.

3 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

I wonder how much Willander's development and when they project him arriving and who they see him play with?  Could that play a factor in the Hronek signing?

It should definitely factor in a bit, but I doubt Willander would be ready to make a Hronek level dman dispensable within 4 years.

A good problem to have to deal with

I think willander would make any UFA signings older guys on shorter term, like bringing Myers back for 2 years or going after Tanev for 2 years

Hronek when separated from Hughes has not been as noticeable. If he was able to carry his own pairing I would pay him 8M, but because he seems only effective with Hughes he should get no more than 7M if we want to build this team the right way.

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Both Lindholm and Hronek are not signing one cent under 7m 

Keep dreaming people. 

Hronek, for sure.  I don’t think he gets 8 but it’ll land in the 7s.

Lindholm I could see getting in the 5s or low 6s.  Still probably priced off of our team, but he isn’t getting what he was asking for from Calgary.

• Cheers 3

23 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The Canucks better recognize that Nashville is not the same team they beat earlier in the season.

Not to be argumentative, but that's what people said about Edmonton. 

Every match up in the playoffs is going to be tough, but if we play our game I like our chances!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1