[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

If we struggle to score I could see Lindholm being bumped up and Blueger reuniting with THE third line.

Only player that would make sense there otherwise would be Podz IMO based on his pedigree. However with 2 points in 17 games he hasn’t exactly proven much offensively.

I hope Podz comes alive in the playoffs. He's done it before

3 minutes ago, ReylOrca said:

Connor McDavid is coming back for that game.  Fat chance he let's his team lose tonight.

You mean he's going to play like a real man for the first time in his career?  Unless I've Oilers somehow got 4 NHL quality defencemen since Saturday, and plan on playing Stecher, their blueline gives literally any opponent a solid chance of winning.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

too much rest not necessarily better.  Maybe will help cool preds off. 

even the 4 days off that would give the canucks are too many, that's absolutely brutal for nashville. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

This Amazon project better not become a distraction to the team in any way. It’s the wrong time of the season to be adding any unnecessary focus on this group imo. They’re already inundated with cameras , questions and commitments.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

How will the refs react to physical playoff hockey. In the past they have let a lot go. Canucks should be able to go either direction. 

Of course the biggest concern with physical hockey will be if Hughes is targeted. Not really whether he will or not as we all know he will be. I can only hope that any effort to knock him out will be met with a deadly PP which will deter such activity more than anything else. 

Since the bubble that's a concern.   Not anymore.  We are the bully now.    Any team that does that is going to feel some pain.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Holy, I didn't realize it is so thin at Center this year. For sure some team looking to make a push will take a chance on his pedigree. Especially if he has a good playoff. Any number of teams like Seattle, Ottawa, Nashville, Minny, Columbus, Chicago, Salt Lake City, or even a contender could decide he's a fit.

His stock has definitely taken a little hit after the trade though.

Boston will take a run at him they’ve wanted him since he was a Cane

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Not to be confused with All or Nothing: We Want Florida.

Now THAT was epic!

“Round Two or Bust”

A Folding Tent Production

The amazing saga of Toronto’s inability to win 4 of 7 when it matters. 

• Haha 1

Woohoo! I just got invited to join the Oilers Insiders page, apparently posting once gets an invite.

Statement: McDavid is arguable the GREATEST player that ever played ...

My post: Some dudes named Orr, Lemieux and Gretzky say hi!

Invite sent 5 minutes later ...

• Like 1

7-5-2 without Demko. It'll be nice to have him back. But considering how much people have been doomsday-ing the team. We actually did decently well. Also were without Lindholm for some of those games too. Would love to go into the playoffs with a win over Winnipeg. Prove we can bang with the playoff teams going into the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

7-5-2 without Demko. It'll be nice to have him back. But considering how much people have been doomsday-ing the team. We actually did decently well. Also were without Lindholm for some of those games too. Would love to go into the playoffs with a win over Winnipeg. Prove we can bang with the playoff teams going into the playoffs.

With wins over the Knights and Oilers in the past week we’re trending that way. 

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's the biggest concern for this team as we don't exactly have a team of beefed-up trojans on board.    Small skinny light-weight guys like Petty and a bunch of others could be easily pounded into submission and "taken-out" and our only 2 policemen (Big-Z and DJ) can't do it all.    This BTW was one of JR's first comments when he joined the team, saying how lightweight we are and although they've added a couple or so bigger players, we are not in the same league as many of the bigger tougher teams - at least not yet - as JR and PA continue to rebuild.   

As such, we are still extremely vulnerable to being subdued by these bigger tougher teams and that will likely be the one attribute that eliminates us - not Jauques Lemaire defensive hockey or speedy Finese wingers doing their deed against us - but sheer might - which is the biggest factor in winning the cup as any "normal" long time hockey fan will confirm.

I think we have the horses to dish it out too, but it's more the physical pounding it'll take to get past nsh or Vegas that concerns me. But otoh teams have to have a bit of luck no matter what.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

How will the refs react to physical playoff hockey. In the past they have let a lot go. Canucks should be able to go either direction. 

Of course the biggest concern with physical hockey will be if Hughes is targeted. Not really whether he will or not as we all know he will be. I can only hope that any effort to knock him out will be met with a deadly PP which will deter such activity more than anything else. 

I just hope they share sun and rain evenly... no problem with them 'trying to target' Hughes, as long as our big blokes doesn't get called for cross checking non stop (Myers)...