[PGT] Canucks @ Oilers (i.e., the DeSmith apology thread)

Iron Man

33 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Damn, NSH down 2 - 0 to PIT in 2nd. 

If NSH lose good chance we play VGK in 1st round. VGK has 2 games left both vs bad teams.. CHI and ANA if VGK win both they play us in 1st round.. 

Need NSH to get atleast 1 point vs PIT. Lets go Preds..

At this point, its out of the Canucks control other than the division title which we can control - if Vegas goes on a heater, yes they will probably play us - funny thing is what about the Kings - do they feel they have a better chance against us or the Oilers - perhaps seeing Vegas start catching up - maybe they'll start "resting" some players.  Canucks might as well prepare for both teams. Both Vegas and Kings will be a challenge based on the regular season but still do-able.  Hopefully the Canucks scouting group have found some areas where they can work against these teams.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

42 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Damn, NSH down 2 - 0 to PIT in 2nd. 

If NSH lose good chance we play VGK in 1st round. VGK has 2 games left both vs bad teams.. CHI and ANA if VGK win both they play us in 1st round.. 

Need NSH to get atleast 1 point vs PIT. Lets go Preds..

Vegas could jump LA then we're playing LA too. LA plays Minnesota next, so any of the 3 are possible. 

I agree Vegas is the last opponent we want but not a done deal even if Nash loses in reguation

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Vegas could jump LA then we're playing LA too. LA plays Minnesota next, so any of the 3 are possible. 

I agree Vegas is the last opponent we want but not a done deal even if Nash loses in reguation

Ya I made a post about that yesterday.. too many variables.. LA needs 3pts from last 2 games to stay ahead even if VGK win out..

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

4-2 Pens. 

Crosby's back must be aching from having to carry that roster of retirement home residents.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

We could end up with any of LA, NAS, or VGK...

NAS has PIT for game 82... that is NOT gonna be an easy game.  PIT is fighting for their lives to make the post season. 

LAK have MIN and CHI.  CHI is a gimme.  MIN is beatable.

VGK have CHI and ANA.  Likely 2 wins there.

If NAS loses, LAK win both, and VGK win both, we get VGK.

If NAS loses, and LAK win 1, and VGK win both, we get LAK.

If NAS wins, we get NAS.

This is assuming we win the division. 

If I were betting on this, I'd bet NAS loses, LAK win both and VGK win both.

So I don't think we're getting NAS no matter where we finish.  DAL is gonna get NAS.  We're getting LAK or VGK.

1 domino down... NAS lost.

Now we wait to see what LAK and VGK do.

Very unlikely that we get NAS now.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

1 domino down... NAS lost.

Now we wait to see what LAK and VGK do.

Very unlikely that we get NAS now.

We still could. So many variables.  

We could even still finish 1st in the Western Conference.  If DAL loses to STL and we beat CGY and WPG we tie DAL with 111 pts. We win tie breaker and get 1st place facing 8th place..

• MillerTime 1